Pope suggests Catholic Church could bless same-sex couples

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras

This is a positive move for the troubled organisation. The church should be welcomig and not in the business of shunning people. It isnt a cult like the Jehovas.
It needs to face up to its responsibilities.

I expect the usual pearl clutching from the fake Christians though.

This is a positive move for the troubled organisation. The church should be welcomig and not in the business of shunning people. It isnt a cult like the Jehovas.

And yet you don't say shit when Muslims are stoning and tossing gay people off of buildings.

Some religions/sects were performing same-sex marriages years before it became civilly legal.

Welcome to the 21st century Catholics

Who cares what some old dude who’s a hat change away from being a Democratic Party Klansman says? Love is not dictated by the church

Then again maybe not. The Church still views same sex marriages as "objectively sinful" and will not be recognized. The BBC article is mostly spin and much ado about nothing.

Then again maybe not. The Church still views same sex marriages as "objectively sinful" and will not be recognized. The BBC article is mostly spin and much ado about nothing.
With this Pope, that may not be the case.

He wants to do it, you can tell.

Welcome to the 21st century Catholics
The Church is not what it was. There are many people of faith who have opted out of these huge organizations in recent decades. There may still be a respect for them however allegiance to their dictums is not an automatic.

LOL he is not saying the Church would bless the gay marriage. Priests can bless people in general, and that could include homosexuals obviously.

In this case it wouldn’t be much different than getting your dog blessed, which the Catholic Church does as well.

It’s a stepping stone. Organised religion adapts when it gets out of step with moral values. It’s why we dont burn witches anymore.
And look where that has led us. To a world where doctors butcher children in the name of “gender affirming care”, which of course is a total lie since you can’t change genders.

Jesus said those that harm children would be better with a millstone around their necks and thrown into the sea. Perhaps it’s time we upheld God’s expectations.

With this Pope, that may not be the case.

He wants to do it, you can tell.
If you believe the spin from the two liberal babes who wrote the article you might lean towards something the Church considers a "blessing" but on the other hand he made it clear that the Church will not bless or recognize same sex unions.

I make a monthly donation to an organization that supports Catholic Priests who have been canceled for being honest about your fucked up ideology.

Forum List

Back