Pope Francis shuns grand apartment for two rooms

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
_66627946_66627941.jpg

Pope Francis has opted for the simpler surroundings of the Domus Santa Marta hotel-style residence rather than the traditional palatial papal quarters

Pope Francis has decided to shun a grand papal apartment on the top floor of the Vatican's Apostolic Palace in favour of a modest two-room residence.

His spokesman said he was "trying out this type of simple living" in a communal building with other priests.

In doing so he has broken a tradition which is more than a century old.

The decision reinforces the newly-elected Pope's austere reputation. As archbishop of Buenos Aires he refused to move into the Bishop's Palace.

Preferring more modest accommodation, he also often cooked his own meals.

Read more @ BBC News - Pope Francis shuns grand apartment for two rooms

He eats and prays with the staff and shuns the regal trappings of past Pontiffs. Really bothering many traditionalists.

wholesome and interesting, what is to follow ?

- ordination of women

- the right to chose and self determination

- marriage for everyone, including priests nuns

- etc: something beneficial the church has failed to follow through with ... for centuries

- ordination of women

- etc: something beneficial the church has failed to follow through with ... for centuries

You may see priests being able to marry in the next 50 years, and women priests in the next 100, but the others.... never happen.

The Church is at least consistent. Death Penalty? No. Abortion? No. Contraception? No. Pre-marital sex? No. Euthenasia? No. Gay Marriage? No. Poly Marriage? No.

Gambling and alcohol (in moderation)? Hell Yes.

And the whole concept of nuns is similar to that of monks, a live of communal servitude, which generally precludes marriage.

_66627946_66627941.jpg

Pope Francis has opted for the simpler surroundings of the Domus Santa Marta hotel-style residence rather than the traditional palatial papal quarters

Pope Francis has decided to shun a grand papal apartment on the top floor of the Vatican's Apostolic Palace in favour of a modest two-room residence.

His spokesman said he was "trying out this type of simple living" in a communal building with other priests.

The decision reinforces the newly-elected Pope's austere reputation. As archbishop of Buenos Aires he refused to move into the Bishop's Palace.

He eats and prays with the staff and shuns the regal trappings of past Pontiffs. Really bothering many traditionalists.

What do you expect from a Jesuit?

- ordination of women

What do you mean by the right to chose and self determination? I was not aware of any Catholic prohibition on either matter

_66627946_66627941.jpg

I probably would have done the same thing. The only reason I need space is for my files and for my family. (Not in that particular order)

- ordination of women

What do you mean by the right to chose and self determination? I was not aware of any Catholic prohibition on either matter

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

the above ... among others.

- ordination of women

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

the above ... among others.

That really doesnt explain anything to me.

I think this pope is going to be interesting

He could be a groundbreaker

I bet he won't spend $585K staying one night in Paris, either.

- ordination of women

How about you joining a church that embraces all of the above, instead of expecting a billion people to believe as you do.

Conservatives are going to hate this pope

Everything he is doing is pointing to class warfare

And you as usual miss the point.

The pope is practicing his beliefs, instead of saying one thing while doing another.

All decent people should respect that.

Conservatives are going to hate this pope

Everything he is doing is pointing to class warfare

And you as usual miss the point.

The pope is practicing his beliefs, instead of saying one thing while doing another.

All decent people should respect that.

I think you miss he point

The popes simple lifestyle is a symbol

His agenda as a cardinal was the plight of the poor and the distribution of wealth. What makes you think it won't be his agenda as pope?

He will seek to shame the wealthy for their lack of compassion

He could be a great pope

- ordination of women

How about you joining a church that embraces all of the above, instead of expecting a billion people to believe as you do.

there is only one church ....

Pope Francis shuns grand apartment for two rooms ...

as already stated, well enough - for now, good luck.

Forum List

Back