POLL: Ugly Politics

What's your motivation for attacking the other side?

• They do it to us, so I'll do it back.

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • I hate them and just want to hurt them in any way I can.

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • I think that insulting and mocking them will open their eyes to the Truth.

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • It makes me feel a little better about myself and my positions.

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • It's just an online catharsis.

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • I mostly do it in support of those who agree with me.

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • I'll never change their mind, so fuck 'em, I'll insult them.

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Mango/Other

Votes: 15 51.7%

• Total voters
That conservative perspective doesn't answer my question.

This kind of behavior obviously isn't going to improve anything, so I'm curious about its motivations.

Would I be right in guessing that, for you, constructive communication is pointless because your intent is to ultimately "beat" the other side?

I do not see how the political/cultural conflict in question can end unless one side (the global collectivists preferably) are destroyed as far as how much influence they have by the wide variety of people who reject marxism, reject globalism, and reject liberal immorality.

We are never going to come together because there is no "middle ground" here. You can't have just a little bit of marxism in the "minds" of people who are consumed with envy and hatred for "The %1, or The Rich, or The Jews, or The Corporations" (or whatever boogeymen cause liberal mattresses to stay soiled), and I will find no "middle ground" with "people" who believe I am not endowed by God with the right to self defense, the right to own an arsenal, the right to keep everything I earn, and the right to avoid engaging in business with "people" who disgust me.

I stand by my assertion that it isn't "my side" that has destroyed any and all avenues for "constructive communication". My side is reviled by pop culture in the media, condemned by radical leftist political interest groups posing as advocates of liberty and attacked by mindless lemmings who endorse fascist political philosophy and tactics but are stupid enough to insist they're attacking fascists.

So yes, you're goddamned right I want to "beat" these parasites in the same manner and tactics they used to marginalize those of us who do not want to be euroweenies. My ancestors left europe deliberately. If these assholes want to live that way, they can either go there or kill themselves. It makes no difference to me.
Thanks.

What would "beating" them look like to you? Would you change (at least some of) their minds and they would vote with you? Would you win the vast middle permanently? And would America's changing demographics play any role for you?

This difference between us

Democrats don't have DINOs. The far right with not enough war on the American people, war on each other. We call it eating their young.

They just cannot handle the simple fact that even with political power, we liberals still rule.

And it makes them even angrier.

Thanks.

What would "beating" them look like to you? Would you change (at least some of) their minds and they would vote with you? Would you win the vast middle permanently? And would America's changing demographics play any role for you?

Beating them would mean a lot of things to different people, but for me it means the hard core zealots would likely flee to become euroweenies or canucks, because you know they would not go to mexico or any 3rd world country. It would mean an end to their monopolization of entertainment media, and end to their indoctrination in schools and an end to unregulated immigration.

Most of "the vast middle" as you put them are people who already reject marxism, but seem to believe government can "equalize" things by taking shit from "The Rich" and giving to "The Poor". They don't want to "Eat The Rich" or even take half their shit, but they're bombarded by lies from rich executives and media whores who buy the senate campaigns of democrooks who shield them from the consequences of what the zealots would like to do. I was amused for years by Ted Kennedy when he told people to their faces that rich fucks like him "don't pay their fair share" and received applause. Ted never did write any checks from his own account to compensate for that did he?

I'm convinced that "the vast middle" becomes "my side" as soon as the indoctrination comes to an end. I'm also convinced that the left loses more elections when their avenues for voter fraud are closed off by voter ID laws, which is why bed wetters are vehemently opposed to it, but have no problem making people show ID to buy beer.

The left are a threat to our freedoms and constitutional rights, hence they will be destroyed.

^^ Perfect sum-up of the concept of Eliminationism right there. :clap2:

The first step is to admit you have a problem, so thanks for that.

The left are a threat to our freedoms and constitutional rights, hence they will be destroyed.

^^ Perfect sum-up of the concept of Eliminationism right there. :clap2:

The first step is to admit you have a problem, so thanks for that.

What's funny is you libs think you will actually win this. Look historically what happens to oppressive regimes like liberals :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Been a democrat all my, never been a liberal, they have destroyed my party, I will not forgive them and will expose them every chance I get...they have reared several generations of Americans who just cannot think or see...btw, gun violence only became a problem since the 60's and the rise/infection of liberalism and it is plaguing liberal areas at a far greater rate than conservative which is the Libs and cons are taking the sides they take in this.
I usually divide that end into actual liberals - the people you and I probably like - and the Regressives, aka the illiberal leftist authoritarians who have taken over the party.

Once again --- "Liberal" and "Authoritarian" are polar opposites. You can't use one as an adjective to the other's noun. It would be like saying "cold heat".

And neither of them refer to a "party". Parties and philosophies are two different things with two different functions.

There are no true liberals on this board, just far left drones that would much rather watch the world burn than admit they are wrong!
Are you a far right drone???
Far Right Moron
look at the bright side, he/she didn't get under your skin

Thanks.

Beating them would mean a lot of things to different people, but for me it means the hard core zealots would likely flee to become euroweenies or canucks, because you know they would not go to mexico or any 3rd world country. It would mean an end to their monopolization of entertainment media, and end to their indoctrination in schools and an end to unregulated immigration.

Most of "the vast middle" as you put them are people who already reject marxism, but seem to believe government can "equalize" things by taking shit from "The Rich" and giving to "The Poor". They don't want to "Eat The Rich" or even take half their shit, but they're bombarded by lies from rich executives and media whores who buy the senate campaigns of democrooks who shield them from the consequences of what the zealots would like to do. I was amused for years by Ted Kennedy when he told people to their faces that rich fucks like him "don't pay their fair share" and received applause. Ted never did write any checks from his own account to compensate for that did he?

I'm convinced that "the vast middle" becomes "my side" as soon as the indoctrination comes to an end. I'm also convinced that the left loses more elections when their avenues for voter fraud are closed off by voter ID laws, which is why bed wetters are vehemently opposed to it, but have no problem making people show ID to buy beer.

I think we look at the vast middle in different ways. I think the middle would rather end this simplistic, destructive "us or them" binary thinking and look for ways to get things done together.

Last edited:
I think we look at the vast middle in different ways. I think the middle would rather end this simplistic, destructive "us or them" binary thinking and look for ways to get things done together.

I've said this hundreds of times, but on many issues there is a right or wrong.

You can't have "half right" policy and hope the "half wrong" somehow fixes itself, or assume the "half wrong" side will accept the blame when the policy fails, like it always does.

Collectivism fails, PERIOD. Every fucking time. It runs out of other people's efforts to support it. There is NEVER enough resources, and people ALWAYS resent being forced to provide more. The political whores always blame those who are more productive for not giving more to those who are less productive. This issue is part of the agenda in every country I've ever been in and whose politics I've taken an interest in.

I suppose I'm even a "moderate" in that I believe we should have some sort of "safety net" for people who through no fault of their own are limited in their ability to achieve or earn a living. It always ends up becoming a hammock because it gets used as a tool for division because people are told they're entitled to it.

Perhaps if the smartest and most honest people in the world got together and created computer systems that could fairly generate and distribute resources to actual poor people in need I might trust it, but we obviously have a system being used as a political weapon and that must be stopped. Not just for the sake of the prosperous, but for the sake of the people who deserve to live better than they're forced to because of the oxygen thieves.

Anybody who thinks that the left wing's smashing windows and torching cars on inauguration day and Hollywood's threats of assault and arson and murder of the President and a democrat activist opening fire on a republican baseball team compares to the moderate criticism of the Obama administration is a freaking fool.

Let's assume that most people here enjoy how ugly our politics have become. The Righties jumped all over Obama for every real, perceived, supposed or imagined sin, and the Lefties are doing the same with Trump. It's all reflected on USMB all day, every day. Absolutely as nasty and dirty and ugly as possible, 24/7.

So what motivates you to do this? Choose whatever answers are appropriate.

I just encourage the stupid tribal conflicts. It'll be a great day when voters don't vote out of fear of "the other side" winning. All of my productive politics is in helping the DNC/GOP destroy themselves.

We'll be a much friendlier productive country when that happens.

Let's assume that most people here enjoy how ugly our politics have become. The Righties jumped all over Obama for every real, perceived, supposed or imagined sin, and the Lefties are doing the same with Trump. It's all reflected on USMB all day, every day. Absolutely as nasty and dirty and ugly as possible, 24/7.

I just encourage the stupid tribal conflicts. It'll be a great day when voters don't vote out of fear of "the other side" winning. All of my productive politics is in helping the DNC/GOP destroy themselves.

I'm told now and then that this is just a phase, that it will go back to sanity at some point.

I hope they're right, it's just a little difficult to see that happening.

I'm told now and then that this is just a phase, that it will go back to sanity at some point.

You're WAY too happy and optimistic. The power in DC is out of control. 5 people actually run the country. And the 2 brand name parties are the biggest threat to this nation since the Axis powers..

If all ''we the people'' do is fight, there is never going to be anything accomplished.

You're WAY too happy and optimistic. The power in DC is out of control. 5 people actually run the country. And the 2 brand name parties are the biggest threat to this nation since the Axis powers..
What concerns me is not so much the politicians - as bad as they are - it's their constituents.

I'm seeing deeper divisions in our culture, getting worse every day. Cultural issues are much tougher to fix.

Forum List

Back