Poll: Sending troops to Iraq a mistake

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by HGROKIT, Jun 26, 2004.

1. HGROKIT

HGROKIT Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19
    How soon everyone forgets what this is all about and what is at stake. As soon as the going gets tough and people are asked to sacrifice, they cave like souffles in an oven. How pathetic some in our nation have become. I wish there was a smilie that represented utter disgust and contempt.

By Susan Page, USA TODAY

Most Americans now say that sending U.S. troops to Iraq (news - web sites) was a mistake, a USA TODAY/CNN/Gallup Poll finds. For the first time, a majority also says that the war there has made the nation less safe from terrorism.

Rest of the Sick Story Here

2. William Joyce

William Joyce Chemotherapy for PC

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,349
    Are you posting this from your Army camp just outide Tikrit? Otherwise, I suggest you seal it. The chickenhawk neocon Israel-firsters who got us into the Iraq mess never picked up a hammer, level or rake in their precious Jewish lives, never mind a military-grade weapon. But they're content to send everyone else over to satisfy their Straussian lust for Jew domination of the middle east. Kinda makes me almost --- and Wm. Joyce stresses ALMOST --- admire a fatass like Sharon who actually was out there, slaying his ethnic enemy on the front line.

3. jimnyc

jimnyc ...

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +246
    Are you a moderator or administrator on this board? If not, I suggest you seal it. ALL users here are entitled to voice their opinions, as long as it is done so in a civil manner.

4. Palestinian Jew

Palestinian Jew Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18
    I've thought this war was a mistake all along, but it has been done and now we have to see it through, which I think most Americans agree with me on.

5. menewa

menewa Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Of course this war was a mistake. Many reasons fed to the people as to why this war was necessary have proved to be nothing but dung.

No WMD's for one. Secondly, no connection to 9-11 or any kind of operational connection at all w/ Al-Qaeda. And thirdly, Iraq posed no real threat to Americans in the homeland.

Bush and co. reitereated the above points incessantly, like they were trying to convert a bunch of heathens into the seeing and believing in their visions of pre-emptive war.

As a result, nearly 1,000 US soldiers dead, thousands more injured. Thousands of Iraqi soldiers, police officers, civilians and insurgents dead as well.

And for what? To spread Democracy as GWB says. But he needs to check his history books. We are not even a Democracy, we are a Republic. And now, we are resembling an Empire.

6. jimnyc

jimnyc ...

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +246
    There have been WMD's found, and the rest of the search is far from over. It was never stated Iraq had a connection to 9/11. Iraq had MANY ties to Al Qaeda if you take the time to read ALL the news. It was also NEVER stated that Iraq was a threat to the US homeland.

You see, this is why so many feel the reasons given were "dung", because they believe the hype and misquotes.

7. pegwinn

pegwinn Top of the Food Chain

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +329
    Actually I have a folding knife acquired from Tikrit. I also have about thirty or so former students at Fallujah. Then there would be about 400 of my brothers who are now back from Iraq. So, are you gonna tell me to "seal it"? The war is justified and your rabid AS attitude won't change that one bit. I am just sorry for the rest of the sheep in the USA who let the evening news and political ads change thier minds about as often as their underwear. Beacause you obviously are not happy here, why dont you renounce your citizenship and immigrate to say Jordan, Syria, Iran, or any of the Stan countries. "you are the weakest link, goodbye"

8. kev8864

kev8864 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Well, there are number of reasons why it has been successful.
    I think we all know that Islam is THE biggest threat today.
    This is a threat quite unknown in recent times.
    Previously the biggest threat was based on a political ideology.
    IE Nazism, Communism.

Why has it been successful?

Prior to this action, Iran was actively seeking a nuclear capability.
    Now, Iran has ceased this.
    Libya, Gadafi has now agreed to stop funding & encouraging international terrorism.
    Those are two facts.
    Those countries only made that decision, for reason only.
    They would have been next on the list.

9. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Other than the above, you are correct. Iran is actively persuing nuclear power. This week the Euro powers and IAEA strongly urged them to change their ways. They are 'hoping' that Iran will go along, soon.

Perhaps even more importantly is the flypaper effect of Iraq. Thousands of foreign terrorists have been killed or put out of commission. Funding for many terror cells has been eliminated with Saddam's reign.

10. HGROKIT

HGROKIT Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19
    What's your point asshole? I've served, have two of my kids serving. We served so that we may have the freedom to speak and at the same time allow failed abortions such as yourself continue to breath and speak your bullshit.

Go post your racist rants at www.kissmyass.com