POLL: Most Voters Want Confederate Statues To Remain

Dalia

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2016
France
RTS1BT9U-e1502979584504.jpg
Municipal workers attempt to remove paint from a monument dedicated to Confederate soldier John B. Castleman that was vandalized late Saturday night in Louisville, Kentucky, U.S., August 14, 2017. REUTERS/Bryan Woolston TPX IMAGES OF THE DAY - RTS1BT9U

A new poll released Thursday shows a majority of U.S. voters want Confederate statues to remain where they are.

The NPR/PBS NewsHour/Marist poll asked voters if Confederate statues should remain or be removed. Sixty-two percent of the poll’s participants said that the statues should remain. Only 27 percent of the participants believe the statues should be removed.

This poll comes as local leaders around the country are calling for the removal of Confederate monuments following violence surrounding a white nationalist rally in Charlottesville, Va., where groups gathered to protest the removal of a statue of Robert E. Lee. A group of protesters also toppled a monument of a Confederate soldier in Durham, N.C., Monday evening.

President Donald Trump sent off several tweets criticizing the removal of Confederate statues. Trump defended the statues and monuments in a series of tweets Thursday.

“Sad to see the history and culture of our great country being ripped apart with the removal of our beautiful statues and monuments,” Trump tweeted. “You can’t change history, but you can learn from it. Robert E Lee, Stonewall Jackson – who’s next, Washington, Jefferson? So foolish!”

“The beauty that is being taken out of our cities, towns and parks will be greatly missed and never able to be comparably replaced!” Trump added minutes later.

The NPR/PBS NewsHour/Marist Poll was conducted by phone between August 14th and August 15th. The 1,125 participants were all U.S. citizens. The margin of error was 2.9 percentage points.

I want the statues to remain, not because I support slavery, but because they are works of art, because they are part of our history, and because our modern leftist Taliban that is so intent on destroying any vestige of the past they don't like won't stop there.

Do these dolts ever stop to consider how similar they are to Islamists when it comes to their jackbooted ways? Isis and Taliban destroy ancient relics for the very same reason they do -- because they derive a sense of virtue from doing so and because they cannot tolerate any ideology or culture beyond their own.

What about the voters in each township that has such a statue?

What voters? I don't recall elections being held before these statues were removed. In fact, in Durham, NC, protestors tore down a statue. Were they acting upon what the voters voted to do?

RTS1BT9U-e1502979584504.jpg
Municipal workers attempt to remove paint from a monument dedicated to Confederate soldier John B. Castleman that was vandalized late Saturday night in Louisville, Kentucky, U.S., August 14, 2017. REUTERS/Bryan Woolston TPX IMAGES OF THE DAY - RTS1BT9U

A new poll released Thursday shows a majority of U.S. voters want Confederate statues to remain where they are.

The NPR/PBS NewsHour/Marist poll asked voters if Confederate statues should remain or be removed. Sixty-two percent of the poll’s participants said that the statues should remain. Only 27 percent of the participants believe the statues should be removed.

This poll comes as local leaders around the country are calling for the removal of Confederate monuments following violence surrounding a white nationalist rally in Charlottesville, Va., where groups gathered to protest the removal of a statue of Robert E. Lee. A group of protesters also toppled a monument of a Confederate soldier in Durham, N.C., Monday evening.

President Donald Trump sent off several tweets criticizing the removal of Confederate statues. Trump defended the statues and monuments in a series of tweets Thursday.

“Sad to see the history and culture of our great country being ripped apart with the removal of our beautiful statues and monuments,” Trump tweeted. “You can’t change history, but you can learn from it. Robert E Lee, Stonewall Jackson – who’s next, Washington, Jefferson? So foolish!”

“The beauty that is being taken out of our cities, towns and parks will be greatly missed and never able to be comparably replaced!” Trump added minutes later.

The NPR/PBS NewsHour/Marist Poll was conducted by phone between August 14th and August 15th. The 1,125 participants were all U.S. citizens. The margin of error was 2.9 percentage points.

After all these years I don't think it is worth the cost to remove them. But what I think doesn't really matter and no one cares what a white person thinks anymore.

So to answer if the statues should be removed or not you had better call either the NFL player's union, the NAACP or BLM.

The country's infrastructure is in shambles, allegedly. Yet we are spending large sums of money to remove statues so someone's feelings might not be hurt? Really?

the blacks want those statues removed and replaced with statues/plaques for CRIMINALS who have already committed a felony, steal, then attack the store clerk, then attack the police
Michael Brown memorial to be replaced with plaque

also statues for heroin dealers who have a criminal history who ram police cars
St. Louis aldermen pass resolution remembering Anthony Lamar Smith, angering police

this is the black ''thinking''
someone please explain to me why would they want to honor CRIMINALS
''he was such a good criminal''
''he attacked a store clerk and the police, --a great man''

Last edited:
I think that the statues should remain, first because it is a waste of money to remove them and mostly so we don't ever forget what the democrat party did to the black man.

I think so too...this start since Obama talk about it and since Trump win the élection we could all see that the lefties are trying in anyway possible to create some conflict between the American peoples. because there are Anti Trump now there are trying to cause some shit with evolving sport. what next ?

Forum List

Back