Poll: Majority say "Send the Articles to the Senate

task0778

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2017
Texas hill country
A majority of Americans said Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) should send the articles of impeachment against President Trump to the Senate, according to a new Harvard CAPS/Harris poll released exclusively to The Hill.

The poll showed 58 percent of respondents said Pelosi should send the articles, while 42 percent said Pelosi should hold up the articles in the House.
Harvard CAPS/Harris polling director Mark Penn told The Hill that impeachment could weigh on the minds of voters in the general election.

“It’s clear from the polling that impeachment gridlock won’t sit well with the voters,” Penn said. “Win or lose they want it to move forward and overwhelmingly think [former President Bill] Clinton rules should apply.”

The Harvard CAPS/Harris Poll survey was conducted online within the U.S. among a representative sample of 2,010 registered voters between Dec. 27 and Dec. 29 by the Harris Poll.

Results were weighted for age within gender, region, race/ethnicity, marital status, household size, income, employment, education, political party and political ideology where necessary to align them with their actual proportions in the population. Propensity score weighting was also used to adjust for respondents’ propensity to be online.

The sampling margin of error of the poll is 2 percentage points.

Majority say Pelosi should send impeachment articles to Senate: poll

It's just one poll, and as a rule I don't trust polls until there are a bunch of them that say basically the same thing. So we'll see how things go, but if this is true then I can't see the Dems sitting on those Articles for too long. It ain't like the House can't impeach Trump again of new evidence comes to light. I kinda think it won't be too long before the Senate Repubs vote to use the Clinton rules: hear both sides make their argument, ask and answer questions from the Senators, and then take a vote on how to proceed from there.

hogwash. no way that was split without a third option of I don't know

Forum List

Back