POLL: Do you want to see race relations improve?

Do you want to see race relations improve in America?

• Yes

Votes: 23 63.9%
  • No

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • I really don't give a shit. It's up to them.

Votes: 10 27.8%

• Total voters
I don't know that we have the capacity for this type of communication any more. It's been so long since we communicated like adults that I think we've literally lost the skillset. Use it or lose it, like a muscle.

Labels can be ignored, or overcome, or they can fade away. Honest communication is the key, it's the starting point, and it's simply no longer there. Poof, it's gone. The only question is whether it's dead or dormant.

Stormy Mac, you complaining about "adult communication" is the funniest thing I have read this morning. It's funnier than Poodle babbling his hate radio talking points like they are original ideas.

Here's what your real problem is, buddy. You'd be happier of the Democrats were more like the Republicans. You know, if they didn't go on about racism and wealth redistribution and hate on Muslims like you do.

You'd probably be happier in the GOP, but frankly, even I don't dislike them enough to wish you upon them.

Mac doesn't want honest conversation. Honest conversation means you understand how and who created the trouble, Both sides did not do that . And the reason we can't have what he thinks is adult conversations is those who are the problem want to make this about everybody but them. And Mac does just as well.

I think you should do whatever you want.

You asked, I answered.

You posted those are the things the right needs to deal with to attract minorities.
What political policies does any of the garbage you posted represent?

I don't know that we have the capacity for this type of communication any more. It's been so long since we communicated like adults that I think we've literally lost the skillset. Use it or lose it, like a muscle.

Labels can be ignored, or overcome, or they can fade away. Honest communication is the key, it's the starting point, and it's simply no longer there. Poof, it's gone. The only question is whether it's dead or dormant.

Stormy Mac, you complaining about "adult communication" is the funniest thing I have read this morning. It's funnier than Poodle babbling his hate radio talking points like they are original ideas.

Here's what your real problem is, buddy. You'd be happier of the Democrats were more like the Republicans. You know, if they didn't go on about racism and wealth redistribution and hate on Muslims like you do.

You'd probably be happier in the GOP, but frankly, even I don't dislike them enough to wish you upon them.

Mac doesn't want honest conversation. Honest conversation means you understand how and who created the trouble, Both sides did not do that . And the reason we can't have what he thinks is adult conversations is those who are the problem want to make this about everybody but them. And Mac does just as well.
I see issues on both ends, and I see both ends denying their role.

That would require honest conversation.

All you see is the sins of the "other side".

You asked, I answered.

You posted those are the things the right needs to deal with to attract minorities.

If you think what I wrote is garbage, it doesn't matter.

I think you and IM2 are made for each other, opposite sides of the same coin.

It's all the other guy's fault. You two have fun.

The problem with talking with Mac is that he starts out with an absurd premise, and then argues the shit out of it. When someone points out that his premise has more holes in it than the plot of a Star Wars movie, he gets very upset and defensive.

Case in point... that White people voted for Trump because Democrats spend too much time sucking up to Minorities. And then he'll whine about "Identity Politics" or some such.

Um... no. Trump got less white votes than Mitt Romney got and only slightly more than John McCain got when he was left holding the bag for Bush's mess.

In fact, the last time a Democrat got the majority of the White Vote was --- drumroll please - 1964 when LBJ beat Barry "Deep Down you Know He's Nuts" Goldwater.

Another one of my Mac favorites.... bemoaning the fact that racists who can't even get regular appearences on Fox News are finding they are largely unwelcome on college campuses...

Okay. You see, I seem to remember in 1984 or 85, when Bill Bennett came to UIC, the Student practically shouted him off the stage for his 'Stereo Divestment' comments. Nothing new here... but Mac will turn right around on another thread and keep making the same ludicrous claims.

You asked, I answered.

Mac, you're an idiot arguing a false premise. You see junior, you've bought into the right wing republican narrative that tells you anyone who opposes their racism is full of hate. You bought up MLK but I was alive when he walked the earth, you apparent weren't around. Those like you would have called him a race pimp and divider. But like those you want to be like, you take one sentence he spoke in his life and you try making that his entire existence. His ideas were so unifying and popular among all races that he was murdered in cold blood by a white man. I have 20/20 vision junior, you are blind. I've stood in the rooms fighting republicans for things to help communities of color, you've done nothing but run your mouth.

You talk a lot of shit about both sides, but what just do you expect blacks to do? Forget everything? Ignore the racism by whites that still goes on? Blame ourselves for the problems in black communities while ignoring the policies that created them? What allows you to think people opposing racism are the same as people wanting to maintain it? Do you actually believe racism is over and that people are making it up now? What allows you to believe that?

Last edited:

The problem with talking with Mac is that he starts out with an absurd premise, and then argues the shit out of it. When someone points out that his premise has more holes in it than the plot of a Star Wars movie, he gets very upset and defensive.

Case in point... that White people voted for Trump because Democrats spend too much time sucking up to Minorities. And then he'll whine about "Identity Politics" or some such.

Um... no. Trump got less white votes than Mitt Romney got and only slightly more than John McCain got when he was left holding the bag for Bush's mess.

In fact, the last time a Democrat got the majority of the White Vote was --- drumroll please - 1964 when LBJ beat Barry "Deep Down you Know He's Nuts" Goldwater.

Another one of my Mac favorites.... bemoaning the fact that racists who can't even get regular appearences on Fox News are finding they are largely unwelcome on college campuses...

Okay. You see, I seem to remember in 1984 or 85, when Bill Bennett came to UIC, the Student practically shouted him off the stage for his 'Stereo Divestment' comments. Nothing new here... but Mac will turn right around on another thread and keep making the same ludicrous claims.

Seems that mac is very confused.

I see issues on both ends, and I see both ends denying their role.

That would require honest conversation.

All you see is the sins of the "other side".

I'm talking about what caused the problem, not some imaginary bull shit.

You asked, I answered.

Mac, you're an idiot arguing a false premise. You see junior, you've bought into the right wing republican narrative that tells you anyone who opposes their racism is full of hate. You bought up MLK but I was alive when he walked the earth, you apparent weren't around. Those like you would have called him a race pimp and divider. But like those you want to be like, you take one sentence he spoke in his life and you try making that his entire existence. His ideas were so unifying and popular among all races that he was murdered in cold blood by a white man. I have 20/20 vision junior, you are blind. I've stood in the rooms fighting republicans for things to help communities of color, you've done nothing but run your mouth.

You talk a lot of shit about both sides, but what just do you expect blacks to do? Forget everything? Ignore the racism by whites that still goes on? Blame ourselves for the problems in black communities while ignoring the policies that created them? What allows you to think people opposing racism are the same as people wanting to maintain it? Do you actually believe racism is over and that people are making it up now? What allows you to believe that?
There's nothing that I can say that would make the slightest dent in your rage. Your second paragraph, a running list of fantasy and dishonest Straw Man silliness, makes that clear, as if it were not already. You clearly don't know my positions.

All you understand is that I don't agree 1,000% with on you with everything, so you've gone full drama queen. Again.

While you and I have been having this delightful conversation, I've been dealing with right wingers here who refuse to admit that racism exists. I've been arguing your side, trying to get them to admit the obvious. Post 100 and many others on this very thread.

I'm not interested in your rage or your hate. I'm embarrassed by it. Lose your shit on someone else. Good luck.

Last edited:
You asked, I answered.
I have no idea. I'm not even sure what your question means. This has nothing to do with "political policies", it's about addressing the behaviors of the Right, which I have listed, and which you apparently don't see. Okay.

Trump can pretend not to know who David Duke is, and you don't expect that to bother American Blacks. Okay. White "Supremacist" groups across the country can support Trump, and you don't expect American Blacks to see that. You downplay every example of REAL racism that comes along, and you don't expect American Blacks to see that. Okay.

If you don't care about attracting minorities, then don't. Just keep doing what you're doing. Again, no doubt the Democrats are thankful.

Last edited:
I'm truly, seriously beginning to have my doubts. I think the division pimps on both ends of this are winning.

I voted yes, for what I used to think were obvious reasons.

Please respond and expand, thanks.

Nahh, the race pimps are not winning. C'mon, we just had 8 years of a president picking the scabs off of old racism wounds after 40 years of relative harmony. It's going to take a little while, but America will heal quickly. Give it another year or two.

I'm truly, seriously beginning to have my doubts. I think the division pimps on both ends of this are winning.
Nahh, the race pimps are not winning. C'mon, we just had 8 years of a president picking the scabs off of old racism wounds after 40 years of relative harmony. It's going to take a little while, but America will heal quickly. Give it another year or two.
Yeah, I'm doubtful. Trump's presence has emboldened some pretty nasty characters, at whom the Democrats can simply point and say, "See? What have we been telling you?"

Obama's inaction on race, no doubt politically driven, was my biggest disappointment of his administration, but what we're seeing from some of Trump's fans has only confirmed (some of, enough of) what minorities have been told. And even if minorities have been used and pandered to, that's enough to keep them away.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm doubtful. Trump's presence has emboldened some pretty nasty characters, at whom the Democrats can simply point and say, "See? What have we been telling you?"

Obama's inaction on race, no doubt politically driven, was my biggest disappointment of his administration, but what we're seeing from some of Trump's fans has only confirmed (some of, enough of) what minorities have been told. And even if minorities have been used and pandered to, that's enough to keep them away.

What "pretty nasty characters"? :rolleyes: I'll wait..

Here we go again.

Do I really need to provide a list of people and groups that support him?

Do you really think that minorities haven't noticed?

Here we go again.

Have "we" done this before?

Here we go again.

I don't remember. It's happened so many times I've lost count.

I can tell you that when you deny, or even downplay, the existence of something that cuts to the very core of a person, you're not going to win them over.

Here we go again.

I don't remember. It's happened so many times I've lost count.

I can tell you that when you deny, or even downplay, the existence of something that cuts to the very core of a person, you're not going to win them over.

Wtf you want me to do?

Who the fuck are these "Nasty Characters"? The KKK? There's only 8000 in the whole country....next!

A few dumbass white supremacists? Irrelevant! Next!

Forum List

Back