Poll: 57% support DADT repeal..

Poll: 57 percent support 'Don't ask, don't tell' repeal - Andy Barr - POLITICO.com

Another thing the Right has ignored the Public Opinion on..REPEAL DADT NOW!

57% of the American people haven't served in Uniform. How about a poll of veterans and active duty people. I think you will find way different results. Of course I could be wrong; but if they favor it they will also favor a separate Pink Brigade.

If we should base what action we take, If any, based on a poll of those affected, We should make sure that the 48million without Healthcare are the ones that decide if we get REAL health reform or not. Don't like that idea so much now do you?

If I may answer. The poll for whether we have health care for those "supposed" 48 million without should be asked of those who are going to be taxed to pay for it, not the 48 million who won't pay a dime or will pay very little.

I respectfully disagree with the notion that the opinion of the military should drive this issue. The military works for the American people, not the other way around.

The military is charged with the task of defending the U.S. It is up to the civilian authorities to decide what is and what is not within that brief.
But it is the military's duty to be able to carry out that task. They do not need civilians second guessing how they do things. Anything that would detract from the military's mission is by definition within the purview of the military to decide. They should be the ones to say whether admitting gays would enhance or detract from their mission.

That same talking point has been used to try and bar almost any non-white male from military service.

The military works for the citizenry. The citizenry elects the leaders, the leaders make the decisions.

Except we're talking about a behavior not a characteristic. But nice try playing the civil rights card.
Any real objections?

Poll: 57 percent support 'Don't ask, don't tell' repeal - Andy Barr - POLITICO.com

A majority of Americans believe gays should be allowed to serve openly in the military, according to a new Quinnipiac poll out Wednesday.

Fifty-seven percent of the 2,617 registered voters surveyed nationwide said they support a repeal of "Don’t ask, don’t tell." Thirty-six percent back the current policy.

Even more, 66 percent, said the policy banning gays from serving openly in the military is “discrimination.”

And 82 percent think the military should “stop pursuing disciplinary action against gays who are outed against their will,” while 65 percent do not believe that ending the policy will be “divisive” in military ranks or hinder any ability to fight effectively.

“By a solid margin, American voters say go ahead and allow gays to openly serve in the military,” said Peter A. Brown, assistant director of the Quinnipiac University Polling Institute.

But the poll shows that Americans are not sure what route the military should take to end the policy, which President Barack Obama has vowed to do.

Those surveyed were split on whether straight military personnel should have to share quarters with gay members, with 45 percent saying “yes” and 46 percent answering “no.”

Half of those polled also said the partners of gay personnel should not receive military benefits provided to the spouses of straight men and women in the military.

The poll was conducted Feb. 2-8 and has a margin of error of 1.9 percentage points.

Read more: Poll: 57 percent support 'Don't ask, don't tell' repeal - Andy Barr - POLITICO.com

While I support this repeal, I also know that public opinion is fickle. As soon as the first openly gay soldier is killed by their own fellow soldiers, this poll will be completely irrelevant.

Those of you who have never served, and probably never will, should actually just keep your noses out of military business. Because it really doesn't affect you or your personal life one bit. It does affect that young troop who may have to live with and share a shower with a homosexual of the same sex.

I wouldn't wish that on any of our troops.

Ollie

Is that it? They are afraid of being seen naked by a homosexual?

57% of the American people haven't served in Uniform. How about a poll of veterans and active duty people. I think you will find way different results. Of course I could be wrong; but if they favor it they will also favor a separate Pink Brigade.

I respectfully disagree with the notion that the opinion of the military should drive this issue. The military works for the American people, not the other way around.

Shows what a dumbfuck you are. The military should drive this issue.. people like you don't know shit.

url=http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0210/32787.html]57% of the American people haven't served in Uniform. How about a poll of veterans and active duty people. I think you will find way different results. Of course I could be wrong; but if they favor it they will also favor a separate Pink Brigade.

Well, guess what, they did poll serving military, and they agree DADT should be repealed.

I know, thinking is hard for you..all those years being told not to. But the simple fact of the matter is that:

Gays are serving.

Gays and straights are serving together.

Gays and straights shower together.

Time grow up or shut up.

url=http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0210/32787.html]57% of the American people haven't served in Uniform. How about a poll of veterans and active duty people. I think you will find way different results. Of course I could be wrong; but if they favor it they will also favor a separate Pink Brigade.

Well, guess what, they did poll serving military, and they agree DADT should be repealed.

I know, thinking is hard for you..all those years being told not to. But the simple fact of the matter is that:

Gays are serving.

Time grow up or shut up.

Uhmm..Not sure why MY name is quoted as saying that but I DID NOT say that..I believe SFC. Oilie was the one..

Gays are serving.

Time grow up or shut up.

You need to research the poll, over half of the active duty troops said they were against repealing DADT. Do play again sometime.

Those of you who have never served, and probably never will, should actually just keep your noses out of military business. Because it really doesn't affect you or your personal life one bit. It does affect that young troop who may have to live with and share a shower with a homosexual of the same sex.

Ollie

You go ahead and take your daily shower with known homosexuals and see how you feel. Live in the same 16 X 16 room with them. I do not believe it is right to ask our troops to do so. It is the same to me as asking a woman to live with a strange male. Same room, same shower.

Gays are serving.

Time grow up or shut up.

Uhmm..Not sure why MY name is quoted as saying that but I DID NOT say that..I believe SFC. Oilie was the one..

The quotes are screwed up again, no biggie, we know who said what.

They do it right now.

There is no ban on gays in the military as we speak.

The gay people can serve but have to lie about who they are.

The only thing that will change is they dont have to lie.

• Thanks
Reactions: Cal
poll: 57 percent support 'don't ask, don't tell' repeal - andy barr - politico.com

a majority of americans believe gays should be allowed to serve openly in the military, according to a new quinnipiac poll out wednesday.

Fifty-seven percent of the 2,617 registered voters surveyed nationwide said they support a repeal of "don’t ask, don’t tell." thirty-six percent back the current policy.

Even more, 66 percent, said the policy banning gays from serving openly in the military is “discrimination.”

and 82 percent think the military should “stop pursuing disciplinary action against gays who are outed against their will,” while 65 percent do not believe that ending the policy will be “divisive” in military ranks or hinder any ability to fight effectively.

“by a solid margin, american voters say go ahead and allow gays to openly serve in the military,” said peter a. Brown, assistant director of the quinnipiac university polling institute.

But the poll shows that americans are not sure what route the military should take to end the policy, which president barack obama has vowed to do.

Those surveyed were split on whether straight military personnel should have to share quarters with gay members, with 45 percent saying “yes” and 46 percent answering “no.”

half of those polled also said the partners of gay personnel should not receive military benefits provided to the spouses of straight men and women in the military.

The poll was conducted feb. 2-8 and has a margin of error of 1.9 percentage points.

Read more: poll: 57 percent support 'don't ask, don't tell' repeal - andy barr - politico.com

another thing the right has ignored the public opinion on..repeal dadt now!

57% of the american people haven't served in uniform. How about a poll of veterans and active duty people. I think you will find way different results. Of course i could be wrong; but if they favor it they will also favor a separate pink brigade.

51% of the american people are women! The majority of them stay home and take care of the homefront, now don't they????

Ollie

You go ahead and take your daily shower with known homosexuals and see how you feel. Live in the same 16 X 16 room with them. I do not believe it is right to ask our troops to do so. It is the same to me as asking a woman to live with a strange male. Same room, same shower.

Did it through high school. Did it through college. Not sure why this is such a big deal. Do you think these "unknown" homosexuals are not taking showers currently or something?

Ollie

Well, we could pair folks up with a homosexual of the opposite sex!

As for the fear factor, truth be known I think they are more afraid of showing a "positive" reaction to being "seen!"

Last edited:
poll: 57 percent support 'don't ask, don't tell' repeal - andy barr - politico.com

another thing the right has ignored the public opinion on..repeal dadt now!

57% of the american people haven't served in uniform. How about a poll of veterans and active duty people. I think you will find way different results. Of course i could be wrong; but if they favor it they will also favor a separate pink brigade.

51% of the american people are women! The majority of them stay home and take care of the homefront, now don't they????

DO they? In 2010? My wife is rather proud that she did that 30-40 years ago. She's even proud that she never had to go outside the home to work. But I thought women today were proud that they were outside the home, doing jobs that used to be traditionally mens jobs......Did I miss something?

They shower together right now and have for years.

The gay soldiers just have to lie about their sexuality.

The ONLY thing that will change is the gay soldiers wont have to lie anymore.

Ollie

Did it through high school. Did it through college. Not sure why this is such a big deal. Do you think these "unknown" homosexuals are not taking showers currently or something?

I was against DADT when Clinton pushed it upon the military. As were many other Noncoms. Fortunately my retirement request was already submitted. Today we must simply accept that what we don't know.... But to blatantly bring this into actual knowledge......... I'm glad I'm retired but i feel sorry for those who will be forced to live with it.

They shower together right now and have for years.

The gay soldiers just have to lie about their sexuality.

The ONLY thing that will change is the gay soldiers wont have to lie anymore.

And how do you think that will affect their lives? And the lives of the Straight Soldiers who would be forced to live with them?

Forum List

Back