Poll: 57% support DADT repeal..

You go ahead and take your daily shower with known homosexuals and see how you feel. Live in the same 16 X 16 room with them. I do not believe it is right to ask our troops to do so. It is the same to me as asking a woman to live with a strange male. Same room, same shower.

Did it through high school. Did it through college. Not sure why this is such a big deal. Do you think these "unknown" homosexuals are not taking showers currently or something?

I was against DADT when Clinton pushed it upon the military. As were many other Noncoms. Fortunately my retirement request was already submitted. Today we must simply accept that what we don't know.... But to blatantly bring this into actual knowledge......... I'm glad I'm retired but i feel sorry for those who will be forced to live with it.

If this is going to be news to ANYONE currently serving, then they have been deployed entirely too long already.

They shower together right now and have for years.

The gay soldiers just have to lie about their sexuality.

The ONLY thing that will change is the gay soldiers wont have to lie anymore.

And how do you think that will affect their lives? And the lives of the Straight Soldiers who would be forced to live with them?

Why don't you tell us? You are the one bitching about it.

They shower together right now and have for years.

The gay soldiers just have to lie about their sexuality.

The ONLY thing that will change is the gay soldiers wont have to lie anymore.

And how do you think that will affect their lives? And the lives of the Straight Soldiers who would be forced to live with them?

Well according to the poll that was shown earlier, some gays are going to have a very rough time of it and the military will not simply accept them. I feel bad mostly for the NCO's who will have to take on the unpopular new regulations or lack of regulation, even though they would rather not.

Well according to the poll that was shown earlier, some gays are going to have a very rough time of it and the military will not simply accept them. I feel bad mostly for the NCO's who will have to take on the unpopular new regulations or lack of regulation, even though they would rather not.

What does this have to do with your concerns about "known" homosexuals in the showers, exactly?

57% of the american people haven't served in uniform. How about a poll of veterans and active duty people. I think you will find way different results. Of course i could be wrong; but if they favor it they will also favor a separate pink brigade.

51% of the american people are women! The majority of them stay home and take care of the homefront, now don't they????

DO they? In 2010? My wife is rather proud that she did that 30-40 years ago. She's even proud that she never had to go outside the home to work. But I thought women today were proud that they were outside the home, doing jobs that used to be traditionally mens jobs......Did I miss something?

HOMEFRONT as in things NOT related to military deployment, as in keeping the bills paid, the kids seen to, and getting the water heater repaired, and holding down a job, at minimum 3/4 time because his paycheck doesn't cover all the bills! while "he" is off and busy playing soldier. OH, and she takes a day off at no pay the day he leaves, to see him off, and the day he comes home, another day off at no pay!

And if you are that stupid, I am sure glad none of MY folks who were in uniform had to depend on someone like you who likely couldn't find his own combat boots!

51% of the american people are women! The majority of them stay home and take care of the homefront, now don't they????

DO they? In 2010? My wife is rather proud that she did that 30-40 years ago. She's even proud that she never had to go outside the home to work. But I thought women today were proud that they were outside the home, doing jobs that used to be traditionally mens jobs......Did I miss something?

HOMEFRONT as in things NOT related to military deployment, as in keeping the bills paid, the kids seen to, and getting the water heater repaired, and holding down a job, at minimum 3/4 time because his paycheck doesn't cover all the bills! while "he" is off and busy playing soldier. OH, and she takes a day off at no pay the day he leaves, to see him off, and the day he comes home, another day off at no pay!

And if you are that stupid, I am sure glad none of MY folks who were in uniform had to depend on someone like you who likely couldn't find his own combat boots!

Excuse the Fuck out of me. But my wife actually was at home during multiple deployments and sometimes she didn't even get to say goodbye let alone see me off. Yeah she did it all except for the job. She didn't have to. we lived within our means and still do. On what I earned. Fact is we have a hard time understanding why so many have to have 2 jobs. But just because you want women to be both home keeper and wage earner, That gives you no reason at all to dis my service record So basically fuck off.

By the way solders do not "Play" at being solders. It's the real fucking thing protecting the rights of mostly unappreciative idiots.

Poll: 57 percent support 'Don't ask, don't tell' repeal - Andy Barr - POLITICO.com

A majority of Americans believe gays should be allowed to serve openly in the military, according to a new Quinnipiac poll out Wednesday.

Fifty-seven percent of the 2,617 registered voters surveyed nationwide said they support a repeal of "Don’t ask, don’t tell." Thirty-six percent back the current policy.

Even more, 66 percent, said the policy banning gays from serving openly in the military is “discrimination.”

And 82 percent think the military should “stop pursuing disciplinary action against gays who are outed against their will,” while 65 percent do not believe that ending the policy will be “divisive” in military ranks or hinder any ability to fight effectively.

“By a solid margin, American voters say go ahead and allow gays to openly serve in the military,” said Peter A. Brown, assistant director of the Quinnipiac University Polling Institute.

But the poll shows that Americans are not sure what route the military should take to end the policy, which President Barack Obama has vowed to do.

Those surveyed were split on whether straight military personnel should have to share quarters with gay members, with 45 percent saying “yes” and 46 percent answering “no.”

Half of those polled also said the partners of gay personnel should not receive military benefits provided to the spouses of straight men and women in the military.

The poll was conducted Feb. 2-8 and has a margin of error of 1.9 percentage points.

Read more: Poll: 57 percent support 'Don't ask, don't tell' repeal - Andy Barr - POLITICO.com

Another thing the Right has ignored the Public Opinion on..REPEAL DADT NOW!

57% of the American people haven't served in Uniform. How about a poll of veterans and active duty people. I think you will find way different results. Of course I could be wrong; but if they favor it they will also favor a separate Pink Brigade.

I don't understand your reference to a "Pink Brigade". Could you explain further?

Did you bother to look up the actual poll to see exactly what it said? No you didn't.

11. All in all, do you strongly favor, favor, oppose, or strongly oppose allowing gays and lesbians to serve openly in the military?
Strongly favor 14.5%
Favor 15%
Neutral 18.7%
Oppose 14.2%
Strongly oppose 36.8%
Decline to answer 0.8%

So 29.5% favor

51% are opposed

and 18.7 % haven't a clue how they feel.

Things that make you go hmmmm......

Less than 30% of active duty troops favor repealing DADT. There are the cold hard facts.

18.7% just don't care if they are allowed in. If you want to spin the poll to try and suit your bigotry, be my guest.

Those of you who have never served, and probably never will, should actually just keep your noses out of military business. Because it really doesn't affect you or your personal life one bit. It does affect that young troop who may have to live with and share a shower with a homosexual of the same sex.

I wouldn't wish that on any of our troops.

You can call me a bigot but I'm sorry it just isn't right.

And since I have been there, and since i do have a gay family member. I can take any stance on the subject i want. And hey, I guess I'm more qualified than you are. Unless of course you are coming out of the closet. Then you got me on that one.

I'm a veteran of the military. I'm a retired veteran of the military. I retired as an O-5...that means you would have had to salute me. That means that you might have had to take orders from me....a Gay Officer. So, I guess I've got one on you.

18.7% just don't care if they are allowed in. If you want to spin the poll to try and suit your bigotry, be my guest.

Those of you who have never served, and probably never will, should actually just keep your noses out of military business. Because it really doesn't affect you or your personal life one bit. It does affect that young troop who may have to live with and share a shower with a homosexual of the same sex.

And since I have been there, and since i do have a gay family member. I can take any stance on the subject i want. And hey, I guess I'm more qualified than you are. Unless of course you are coming out of the closet. Then you got me on that one.

I'm a veteran of the military. I'm a retired veteran of the military. I retired as an O-5...that means you would have had to salute me. That means that you might have had to take orders from me....a Gay Officer. So, I guess I've got one on you.

That's nice, but if you were an openly gay O-5 I would process your discharge. Do all retired O-5's answer for other people?

:clap2::clap2:

I'm about to go to basic training soon. And I personally really don't give a damn. If you look at me in the shower you look at me in the shower. I'm not gay, therefore as long as you don't touch what you see, I'm completely cool. I personally want to go to Haiti and wouldn't mind going to Afghanistan, it amazes me that men being trained for combat can't handle feeling uncomfortable in a shower with some gay guys that might happen to look at them.

For me, look all you want. You touch I'll kill you and use you your dead body as a human shield. I think the whole thing is bullshit and based on nothing. I can't find a good reason to justify homophobia. There are plenty of gay and lesbian individuals that would serve as great soldiers I'm sure and should be given a chance to serve as great soldiers without fear of unfair discharge. In this time of war I don't feel like our military should be focused on trivial things like how people feel about taking public showers. Alot of men have problems with that gays or not and feel uncomfortable in public showers PERIOD. It's really too damn bad. It's the US military for God's sake, since when did discomfort become the main policy driver. Just how I feel.

I'm about to go to basic training soon. And I personally really don't give a damn. If you look at me in the shower you look at me in the shower. I'm not gay, therefore as long as you don't touch what you see, I'm completely cool. I personally want to go to Haiti and wouldn't mind going to Afghanistan, it amazes me that men being trained for combat can't handle feeling uncomfortable in a shower with some gay guys that might happen to look at them.

For me, look all you want. You touch I'll kill you and use you your dead body as a human shield. I think the whole thing is bullshit and based on nothing. I can't find a good reason to justify homophobia. There are plenty of gay and lesbian individuals that would serve as great soldiers I'm sure and should be given a chance to serve as great soldiers without fear of unfair discharge. In this time of war I don't feel like our military should be focused on trivial things like how people feel about taking public showers. Alot of men have problems with that gays or not and feel uncomfortable in public showers PERIOD. It's really too damn bad. It's the US military for God's sake, since when did discomfort become the main policy driver. Just how I feel.

Lot of big talk there. But thank you for your future service.

Ollie

Is that it? They are afraid of being seen naked by a homosexual?

You go ahead and take your daily shower with known homosexuals and see how you feel. Live in the same 16 X 16 room with them. I do not believe it is right to ask our troops to do so. It is the same to me as asking a woman to live with a strange male. Same room, same shower.

Does that really freak you out? That a homosexual may see you naked? Would you refuse to see a homosexual doctor?
You wouldn't want to live in a 16 X 16 room with a homosexual? Even if he saved your life? That was the same argument they used about integrating the services. "You don't expect me to shower with a negro do you?"

2010-02-09-humor-mrz020810dAPR.jpg

Go ahead and make the attempt. It will be interesting to see who blames who when the ass kicking and maybe even murders start. And I already know it where most of the fools will place the blame and it won't be on the policy.

Go ahead and make the attempt. It will be interesting to see who blames who when the ass kicking and maybe even murders start. And I already know it where most of the fools will place the blame and it won't be on the policy.

A crime should be prosecuted as a crime

Oh I have no doubt it will be, and a lot of good solders will leave the military because of it.

Oh I have no doubt it will be, and a lot of good solders will leave the military because of it.

I guess more left because they had to serve with blacks.

You are already serving with gay soldiers. Many soldiers probably have friends or family members who are gay. If a gay soldier saved your life....does it still count?

You are already serving with gay soldiers. Many soldiers probably have friends or family members who are gay. If a gay soldier saved your life....does it still count?

This is getting stupid. I hate stupidity. I retired in 93 I am not serving with anyone. I have a gay family member who agrees with me. If a gay solder saved my life i wouldn't know he was gay. If this administration has it's way future solders will know. I don't like it and i don't believe it will work. At least it will hurt the military for many years before it is widely accepted. And there will be problems forever. Just as (since you morons want to compare them) the occasional race problem.

This is getting stupid. I hate stupidity. I retired in 93 I am not serving with anyone. I have a gay family member who agrees with me. If a gay solder saved my life i wouldn't know he was gay. If this administration has it's way future solders will know. I don't like it and i don't believe it will work. At least it will hurt the military for many years before it is widely accepted. And there will be problems forever. Just as (since you morons want to compare them) the occasional race problem.

Is knowing someone is gay really going to freak you out? Is that "shower thing" such a big freaking deal? Would you shower at a local health spa with gays in the locker room?

I haven't been worried about such nonsense since junior high school gym, Are our fighting men that sensitive to their masculinity?

Forum List

Back