Politics & Race: When the Left Mimics the Right

Procrustes Stretched

And you say, "Oh my God, am I here all alone?"
Dec 1, 2008
Positively 4th Street
Politics & Race: When the Left Mimics the Right with distortion and deceit it is the duty of all who care about liberal values to stand up and say "enough...you suck!" to those who use petty distortions to make a valid or credible point. Arguments can be and should be made without this type of shit.

The Facts

Barrow’s original ad was part of an ad campaign that The Washington Post’s The Fix lauded as “novel” and “one of a kind.” The Fix noted that the ad was cleverly designed to appeal both to white conservative voters and liberal African-American voters. Here’s the ad, and then the full text.

[youtube]YvR5qTUOTuY[/youtube]

“I’m John Barrow, and long before I was born, my grandfather used this little Smith & Wesson here to help stop a lynching.

“And for as long as I can remember, my father always had this rifle real handy, just to keep us safe.

“That’s why I support the Second Amendment. And that’s why I am proud to be endorsed by the NRA. I approve this message because these are my guns now. And ain’t nobody going to take them away.”

Barrow was indeed endorsed by the NRA, which issued a statement in October saying that “voters in Georgia can trust that John Barrow will protect our Second Amendment freedoms and hunting heritage.” The congressman has an “A” rating from the organization.

Now, here’s what the anti-gun violence group does with this ad, intercutting sections of it with news footage of the Sandy Hook tragedy:

“I’m John Barrow…”

[images of breaking news about Sandy Hook]

“And long before I was born…”

[images and voiceover—“20 children targeted”]

“My grandfather used this little Smith & Wesson here...”

[images of people crying, President Obama speaking: “beautiful little kids between five and 10 years old”]

“And for as long as I can remember, my father always had this rifle real handy...”

[three images of Barrow cocking the rifle bolt. scenes and voiceover—“three weapons and begins a massacre”]

“That’s why I am proud to be endorsed by the NRA.”

[image of NRA executive vice president Wayne LaPierre speaking: “The guys with the guns make the rules.” images of slain children]

“I approve this message because these are my guns now. And ain’t nobody going to take them away.”

[words on screen as the names of slain children are read: “Shame on you, Congressman John Barrow…Tell Congressman John Barrow to Reject NRA Blood Money.”]

Pretty slick, huh? Just by exercising a few words, the group manages to completely change the tenor of Barrow’s message. Here are the missing words noted in bold face:

“I’m John Barrow, and long before I was born, my grandfather used this little Smith & Wesson here to help stop a lynching.

“And for as long as I can remember, my father always had this rifle real handy, just to keep us safe.

“That’s why I support the Second Amendment. And that’s why I am proud to be endorsed by the NRA. I approve this message because these are my guns now. And ain’t nobody going to take them away.”

In other words, the group removed all of the language that Barrow used to explain why his family had such weapons — to deter crime and for protection. It also removed a reference to the Second Amendment, which President Obama has said he supports.

Selective editing distorts an attack on a pro-gun lawmaker - The Washington Post

President Obama planning to attend Maryland basketball game against Oregon State on Sunday

Read more: President Obama planning to attend Maryland basketball game against Oregon State on Sunday - baltimoresun.com

Obama%20waving.JPG

homophobic remark noted....

homophobic? :lol: That's like thinking poor white girls are named after thin gs they can't afford, like Tiffany, Mercedes...(from a comedy routine)

Look up the definition of 'homophobic' and then get back to us :eusa_whistle:

---

edit:

how about we spank you (is that gay and homophobic too?)

irrational fear of, aversion to, or discrimination against http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/homophobia

now point out where you imagined you saw homophobia?

we'll wait.........and wait...

...and wait...

No, just people who own cars and drive them...

ergo, apples and oranges are both fruits:eusa_shifty:

Like you.

Whacky old Sunshine. Watch out....

Last edited:
That is a fascinating OP. Truly.

Contrast the two ads:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvR5qTUOTuY]"Nobody" - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UjSI8Yd2aY]Tell Congressman John Barrow (D-GA-12th) to Reject NRA Blood Money - YouTube[/ame]

An amazingly jerk move by The Coalition to Stop Gun Violence.

Politics & Race: When the Left Mimics the Right with distortion and deceit it is the duty of all who care about liberal values to stand up and say "enough...you suck!" to those who use petty distortions to make a valid or credible point. Arguments can be and should be made without this type of shit.

The Facts

Barrow’s original ad was part of an ad campaign that The Washington Post’s The Fix lauded as “novel” and “one of a kind.” The Fix noted that the ad was cleverly designed to appeal both to white conservative voters and liberal African-American voters. Here’s the ad, and then the full text.

Barrow was indeed endorsed by the NRA, which issued a statement in October saying that “voters in Georgia can trust that John Barrow will protect our Second Amendment freedoms and hunting heritage.” The congressman has an “A” rating from the organization.

Now, here’s what the anti-gun violence group does with this ad, intercutting sections of it with news footage of the Sandy Hook tragedy:

“I’m John Barrow…”

[images of people crying, President Obama speaking: “beautiful little kids between five and 10 years old”]

“And for as long as I can remember, my father always had this rifle real handy...”

[three images of Barrow cocking the rifle bolt. scenes and voiceover—“three weapons and begins a massacre”]

[image of NRA executive vice president Wayne LaPierre speaking: “The guys with the guns make the rules.” images of slain children]

“I approve this message because these are my guns now. And ain’t nobody going to take them away.”

[words on screen as the names of slain children are read: “Shame on you, Congressman John Barrow…Tell Congressman John Barrow to Reject NRA Blood Money.”]

Pretty slick, huh? Just by exercising a few words, the group manages to completely change the tenor of Barrow’s message. Here are the missing words noted in bold face:

In other words, the group removed all of the language that Barrow used to explain why his family had such weapons — to deter crime and for protection. It also removed a reference to the Second Amendment, which President Obama has said he supports.

Selective editing distorts an attack on a pro-gun lawmaker - The Washington Post

The left eating their own, I'm sure you would be cheering this kind of shit had the congresscritter not been a dem. Great exercise in hypocrisy there dainty boy.

The Facts

“I’m John Barrow…”

The left eating their own, I'm sure you would be cheering this kind of shit had the congresscritter not been a dem. Great exercise in hypocrisy there dainty boy.

Jesus, you give sane reasonable Texas a bad rep .... change your scream name

Dante left the Democratic party in 2008. Dante also did NOT vote for Obama in 2008, but he did, thanks to weirdos like you, FOR Obama in 2012

Forum List

Back