Politics has become boring again

John Shaw

Gold Member
Jul 22, 2017
For a long time, the Trump circus kept me entertained. Horrified, yet entertained.

Originally, Trump's outrageous outbursts and inane ramblings amused me. What kind of a president says the ridiculous things that he says? As a kid growing up, I'd always thought of the president as a regal figure. Even Bush, who was undoubtedly a buffoon, had some decency in his manner. Then in comes this guy who's basically a used car sellin', snake oil peddlin' narcissist with a foul mouth and twitchy Twitter fingers. How could I not be entertained by such a lunatic president?

Now, though? I'm used to it. It doesn't make me laugh anymore. It's just depressing.

I've lost interest. I guess I've just accepted that our government is a global laughingstock, our leaders are idiots, and we little people live to serve Goldman Sachs. It's a corrupt wasteland littered with morons: disgusting KKK freaks, violent BLM losers, greedy suits, and frothing partisans of both colors.

In other words, the United States is a complete joke. I don't know when the rot set in. Some think it was Clinton. Some say Bush. Others think Obama is to blame. I do know that we've been in decline since before Trump. He is a symptom of our idiocy, not the cause.

Anyone else losing interest in politics? I come on here and it's more of the same; pointless bickering. And let's face it; none of us knows what the fuck we're talking about. We're all just pretending. It seems rather pointless.

Forum List

Back