Politico Caucus Insiders: Trump has peaked

Insiders Donald Trump has peaked - Katie Glueck - POLITICO

(Those who know what the Politico Caucus series does will know that they conduct confidential interviews with insiders from both major parties from Iowa and New Hampshire, the first two primary/caucus states in the nation)

But, there are lots of other points posited in the article that make it worth reading. Not everyone is convinced that Trump has peaked, and neither am I.

Some more interesting stuff:

And this:

And I find this idea especially interesting, and how knows, maybe it will be so:

More at the link.

Remember, these are confidential interviews that Politico does with party operatives in both of those states, people who are active at the ground-level right now. In other words, people with a birdseye view of the politics within their respective states.

Read, then discuss.

Aren't these the same people who claimed his campaign over just a few days ago? Frankly I think their opinion sucks.

Uhm, no. Those aren't the same people.
Some Sorostard may accuse me of going off topic; but why is it these left-wing nutjobs are more concerned with what Republicans are doing and not the floundering poll numbers of their top old, white wrinkled Progressive candidate?

Since your concentration is weak, I will encourage you to reread this part of the OP:

"(Those who know what the Politico Caucus series does will know that they conduct confidential interviews with insiders from both major parties from Iowa and New Hampshire, the first two primary/caucus states in the nation)"

The article has insider opinion from Ds and Rs in it.

See how that works?

since you're a nutjob, i will encourage you to re-read what i said:
what does this have to do with what i said about you and a hundred other left-wing losers on these boards being more concerned with what Republicans are doing than with your own floundering candidates?

So, you still missed the point.
But your anger is showing.
This happens often with RWNJs here.

YAWN
again; your reply to me was to whine that "both major parties" are included in the interviews.
but you only commented on one guy; from one party let alone

AGAIN pretty sure my original statement stands

see how that works?

lol what a clown

i get it; i embarrassed you and you feel the need to double up on the left-wing smugness in your wounded pride; as so often happens with you LWNJs

Of course a bunch of party hacks can predict these things with certainty. The same people who assured us Hillary was a shoo in in 2008 and now. I suspect some wishful thinking in both parties.
That said, it's hard to see what Trump's follow up will be. He has locked himself into a spin cycle where he has to say something outrageous every 72 hours or no one will pay attention to him.

Take time to actually read the OP instead of being an idiot. What the Politico Caucus does is to take the pulse of operatives from both parties who are very active in the process in both New Hampshire and Iowa - it's a very specific set of confidential interviews. These are people who can make or break a candidate in those states.

However, what you say about Trump, there we are in agreement with each other, and had you taken the time to actually read the OP and go to the link, which is what adults do, then you would have seen that operatives on the ground are saying what you just said.

(Those who know what the Politico Caucus series does will know that they conduct confidential interviews with insiders from both major parties from Iowa and New Hampshire, the first two primary/caucus states in the nation)

But, there are lots of other points posited in the article that make it worth reading. Not everyone is convinced that Trump has peaked, and neither am I.

And this:

And I find this idea especially interesting, and how knows, maybe it will be so:

More at the link.

Remember, these are confidential interviews that Politico does with party operatives in both of those states, people who are active at the ground-level right now. In other words, people with a birdseye view of the politics within their respective states.

Read, then discuss.

Aren't these the same people who claimed his campaign over just a few days ago? Frankly I think their opinion sucks.

Some Sorostard may accuse me of going off topic; but why is it these left-wing nutjobs are more concerned with what Republicans are doing and not the floundering poll numbers of their top old, white wrinkled Progressive candidate?

Since your concentration is weak, I will encourage you to reread this part of the OP:

"(Those who know what the Politico Caucus series does will know that they conduct confidential interviews with insiders from both major parties from Iowa and New Hampshire, the first two primary/caucus states in the nation)"

See how that works?

Your OP is titled "Trump Has Peaked", and contains nothing about the "other major Party"

pretty sure my original statement stands
see how that works?

nutjob

And he swings, and he misses!

In fact, one of the text quotes is from DEMOCRATIC operatives and what they think.

Had you taken the time to actually read the OP, you would have known this.

I am not responsible for your utter ignorance.

projection

i get it; i hurt your feelings

my bad

See how that works?

since you're a nutjob, i will encourage you to re-read what i said:
what does this have to do with what i said about you and a hundred other left-wing losers on these boards being more concerned with what Republicans are doing than with your own floundering candidates?

So, you still missed the point.
But your anger is showing.
This happens often with RWNJs here.

YAWN
again; your reply to me was to whine that "both major parties" are included in the interviews.
but you only commented on one guy; from one party let alone

AGAIN pretty sure my original statement stands

see how that works?

lol what a clown

i get it; i embarrassed you and you feel the need to double up on the left-wing smugness in your wounded pride; as so often happens with you LWNJs

No. Wrong. One quote bubble is from DEMOCRATIC operatives.

Try again.

Of course a bunch of party hacks can predict these things with certainty. The same people who assured us Hillary was a shoo in in 2008 and now. I suspect some wishful thinking in both parties.
That said, it's hard to see what Trump's follow up will be. He has locked himself into a spin cycle where he has to say something outrageous every 72 hours or no one will pay attention to him.

Take time to actually read the OP instead of being an idiot. What the Politico Caucus does is to take the pulse of operatives from both parties who are very active in the process in both New Hampshire and Iowa - it's a very specific set of confidential interviews. These are people who can make or break a candidate in those states.

However, what you say about Trump, there we are in agreement with each other, and had you taken the time to actually read the OP and go to the link, which is what adults do, then you would have seen that operatives on the ground are saying what you just said.
i.e. political hacks
Thanks for confirming you agree with my post. Now go fuck yourself.

you only wrote about one candidate from one party

try again

See how that works?

Your OP is titled "Trump Has Peaked", and contains nothing about the "other major Party"

pretty sure my original statement stands
see how that works?

nutjob

And he swings, and he misses!

In fact, one of the text quotes is from DEMOCRATIC operatives and what they think.

Had you taken the time to actually read the OP, you would have known this.

I am not responsible for your utter ignorance.

projection

i get it; i hurt your feelings

my bad

Ok, you are a troll... cya, bye.

i.e. political hacks
Thanks for confirming you agree with my post. Now go fuck yourself.

Drinking so early in the day?

Oy, Gewalt.

Oh, and BTW, you have two days left for your Greece prediction to come true.

Actually, you only have one more day, but I'm feeling generous.

:D

"dem operatives" commenting on republicans

nothing on any Dem candidate

what a clown

i love the way these ignorant leftists get so butthurt and ramp up the smugness thinking their wounded pride isnt showing!!

Boom. that's going to hurt.

About three quarters of Republican early-state insiders say they believe Donald Trump has peaked — but many acknowledge that may also be wishful thinking.

That’s the assessment from this week’s POLITICO Caucus, our weekly bipartisan survey of the top operatives, strategists and activists in Iowa and New Hampshire.

The controversial real estate mogul and GOP presidential candidate provoked some caucus insiders into offering expletives and other colorful language when asked whether Trump has hit his ceiling.

“The McCain smear and giving out Graham’s cellphone? What an asshole,” vented a New Hampshire Republican, who says Trump has peaked. “Trumpism does not represent some deeper sentiment within the party, nor has he tapped into something a more conventional candidate can now co-opt. His candidacy has as much substance and meaning as cotton candy. I didn’t like him before. Now I loathe him.”

...on Thursday, he descended — with classic Trump bravado — on the U.S.-Mexico border after repeatedly inveighing against illegal immigrants with particularly heated rhetoric.

He was greeted in Laredo by several people who gave him the middle finger.

“I hope and pray that he has peaked,” added another Granite State Republican, who like all participants was granted anonymity in order to speak freely. “The GOP has a chance in 2016 and it diminishes each time Trump increases his poll numbers.”

And this:

The numbers overall were about reversed among Democrats, who are enjoying watching Republicans grapple with Trump — 74 percent of them said he isn’t done yet.

“GOP establishment (especially in early states) and some media are in a panic right now about Trump, and are quick to develop a storyline that he can’t last,” said a New Hampshire Democrat, who like all participants answered through an online submission form. “The truth is otherwise. The base loves him, he keeps showing top tier status nationally and in early states, he (like Hillary) has 100 percent name ID, and unlike all others, doesn’t need either traditional donors or dark money ones. While there are some parallels to [Ross] Perot, this is a new phenomenon and existing precedent doesn’t apply. Who knows where this goes?”

Thanks in part to Donald Trump, not qualifying for the first debate is not necessarily fatal …

Eighty percent of New Hampshire Republicans, and 76 percent of Iowa Republicans, say candidates who don’t poll high enough to qualify for the first presidential primary debate on Aug. 6 are not doomed — especially because, several predicted, Trump will steal the spotlight anyway.

“The more the first debate is dominated by Trump, the less damaging non-inclusion will be,” said one Iowa Republican.

Bummer....the amusement factor of a Trump campaign priceless...now, I guess he's fizzling like a premature ejaculation.
More at the link.

Read, then discuss.

Boom. that's going to hurt.

Why should that hurt? Now, just for once, try to be an adult when answering.

Hillary lost a very, very close nomination race in 2008, something eerily reminiscent of Reagan 1976. So, were I a Republican, I wouldn't be throwing around this "but Hillary lost the nomination in '08" stuff.

So did Reagan, in 1976, and he came back at a later date to get nominated and win, big.

Your own REPUBLICAN electoral history proves that this has already happened.

Funny, that.

About three quarters of Republican early-state insiders say they believe Donald Trump has peaked — but many acknowledge that may also be wishful thinking.

That’s the assessment from this week’s POLITICO Caucus, our weekly bipartisan survey of the top operatives, strategists and activists in Iowa and New Hampshire.

The controversial real estate mogul and GOP presidential candidate provoked some caucus insiders into offering expletives and other colorful language when asked whether Trump has hit his ceiling.

“The McCain smear and giving out Graham’s cellphone? What an asshole,” vented a New Hampshire Republican, who says Trump has peaked. “Trumpism does not represent some deeper sentiment within the party, nor has he tapped into something a more conventional candidate can now co-opt. His candidacy has as much substance and meaning as cotton candy. I didn’t like him before. Now I loathe him.”

...on Thursday, he descended — with classic Trump bravado — on the U.S.-Mexico border after repeatedly inveighing against illegal immigrants with particularly heated rhetoric.

He was greeted in Laredo by several people who gave him the middle finger.

“I hope and pray that he has peaked,” added another Granite State Republican, who like all participants was granted anonymity in order to speak freely. “The GOP has a chance in 2016 and it diminishes each time Trump increases his poll numbers.”

And this:

The numbers overall were about reversed among Democrats, who are enjoying watching Republicans grapple with Trump — 74 percent of them said he isn’t done yet.

“GOP establishment (especially in early states) and some media are in a panic right now about Trump, and are quick to develop a storyline that he can’t last,” said a New Hampshire Democrat, who like all participants answered through an online submission form. “The truth is otherwise. The base loves him, he keeps showing top tier status nationally and in early states, he (like Hillary) has 100 percent name ID, and unlike all others, doesn’t need either traditional donors or dark money ones. While there are some parallels to [Ross] Perot, this is a new phenomenon and existing precedent doesn’t apply. Who knows where this goes?”

Thanks in part to Donald Trump, not qualifying for the first debate is not necessarily fatal …

Eighty percent of New Hampshire Republicans, and 76 percent of Iowa Republicans, say candidates who don’t poll high enough to qualify for the first presidential primary debate on Aug. 6 are not doomed — especially because, several predicted, Trump will steal the spotlight anyway.

“The more the first debate is dominated by Trump, the less damaging non-inclusion will be,” said one Iowa Republican.

Bummer....the amusement factor of a Trump campaign priceless...now, I guess he's fizzling like a premature ejaculation.
More at the link.

Read, then discuss.

I think your text got mixed up in my quote...

Forum List

Back