Politicians representing Americans should know better

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by Psychoblues, Dec 5, 2005.

1. Psychoblues

Psychoblues Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +143
    Two weeks ago I mentioned Jean Schmidt briefly as part of an item on the disgraceful attack on Rep. John Murtha by House Republicans. It seems like a good idea to backtrack slightly and examine Schmidt's full idiocy in depth.

For those of you who live on another planet, Schmidt is the Republican congresswoman who during a recent debate over a resolution to withdraw American troops from Iraq said:

“A few minutes ago I received a call from Colonel Danny Bubp, Ohio Representative from the 88th district in the House of Representatives. He asked me to send Congress a message: Stay the course. He also asked me to send Congressman Murtha a message, that cowards cut and run, Marines never do.”

The remark caused an uproar and was eventually stricken from the record. But let's take a look at what Jean Schmidt's been up to since that fateful day.

First, Schmidt tried page one of the Republican playbook - she blamed the media and said she had been "misinterpreted." (1.) Nice try. Next, she announced that she had been invited to visit Iraq as part of a congressional delegation. During the announcement she demonstrated her breathtaking ignorance by saying “I’m not sure whether Congress should have a national debate on whether we should be there or not." (2.) Duh.

But this misunderstanding can all be cleared up quite easily - you see, it turns out that Jean Schmidt didn't actually know that Murtha was a Marine Corps veteran when she made the comments. At least,That’s what she says. (3.) This, of course, despite the fact that Murtha's service was mentioned several times during the House debate before she made her comments, and the fact that she used the phrase, "Marines never do." (That must have just been a coincidence.) "I did not know he was a Marine or I would not have said it," she said, adding that she didn't think that Col. Danny Bubp knew either.

Which would tie things up quite nicely, if it weren't for the fact that Danny Bubp subsequently announced that he never actually mentioned Murtha by name when he talked to Schmidt, and that he would never call a fellow Marine a coward anyway. (4.) Whoops.

1. http://www.daytonadailynews.com/localnews/content/daily/1123schmidt.html
    2. http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051124/NEWS01/511240340
    3. http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051123/NEWS01/511230359
    4. http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051122/NEWS01/511220352

I didn’t care much for the remarks that Jean made at the time. Like most of our Congress, I thought her remarks completely out of line. But, she’s a junior Congressperson and subject to manipulation. I think she was manipulated beyond her control and educated beyond her intelligence. An also but, I think she’s fairly indicative of a warmongering bunch of heathens that don’t care one whit about the reputations and sacrifices that common Americans have fought for and earned and to this day believe in. Don’t you?

Psychoblues

2. LuvRPgrl

LuvRPgrl Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +206
    WHATEVER. I only have one thing to say:

Stay the course. send Congressman Murtha a message, that cowards cut and run, Marines never do

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. Stephanie

Stephanie Diamond Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,359

Digging up old rehased bullshit, that's you my friend.... :blah2: :blah2: :boohoo: :boohoo: Here's you :bang3: :laugh: :rotflmao:

4. Psychoblues

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +143
    Thanks for keeping the thread bumped up, luverpgrl and Staphany.

Geesh

Psychoblues

5. LuvRPgrl

LuvRPgrl Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +206
    we didnt bump it up, it was already on top, due to its such recent posting.
    I guess you are like WJ and David Duke, just the opposite end, looking for anything and distorting without limit, anything, so it will fit your agenda first.

Hey, I got a good sig for you, "agenda first, truth later"

6. Stephanie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,359
    Here let me bump it up again, so you don't feel like nobody is anwsering you soon enough. You see it's only 10:15 here in Alaska... bump,bump,bump..... :rolleyes: :thanks: :rotflmao:

7. LuvRPgrl

LuvRPgrl Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +206
    Its your bump now :)

8. Stephanie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,359
    Oh shoot, isn't it back to him? hehe :alco:

9. Psychoblues

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +143
    No question about it. Lovergpgrl and Stapanie do like the "Bumping" and are not interested in discussion. Are there others out there that have opinions rather than an animalistic need to "bump"?

Psychoblues

10. Stephanie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,359
    What was the question again? Oh the hell with it. let's just bump, bump bump... That's more fun than trying to anwser your silly post's sometimes :eek: ...... :rolleyes: