politically correct society

JakeWIlls92

Gold Member
Apr 6, 2014
2665109-g.i._joe___a_real_american_hero_001___00___fc.jpg

gijoe-treasury-edition-special-page-01.jpg

In today's politically correct society would a comic like this sell?

I don't see why not, but the main competition would be from other devices that the kids are busy with...

Thanks for this. When I note that we live in a "gun culture" some people try to act like they don't know what I'm talking about.

It's sort of weird too. The establishment is schizophrenic about it. They are trying to accomplish two goals with our kids.

First, they want to condition them to think that liking and owning guns for domestic use is bad and wrong, that citizens have no need for guns. In schools, any reference to admiring or liking guns is frowned on. Hell, they have even gotten rid of squirt gun fights at end of the year party's and at out door festivities, it is gotten to ridiculous lengths how much they want to indoctrinate kids to this whole, "guns are bad," ideal for our society.

Yet, at the same time, our nation depends on an all volunteer army. Since the 50's, the military-industrial complex has worked hand in glove with business, industry and private groups to condition the boys of this country to idolize and aspire to view the warrior culture; the adventure, the explosions, the guns, the destruction, whatever and what have you, as. . . well, awesome. The cub scouts and boy scouts were fist started to give kids a taste of survival skills and the discipline skills necessary to be part of a troop. Today, by far, the most popular games on computer and gaming consoles are the first person shooters. War toys, guns, action figures, army men, etc. not a boys play room in America doesn't have these things.

When I was growing up, there were concerns about gun violence and the influence toy guns would have, so for a while, it was difficult to get realistic looking play guns. . . But today, kids run around with toy guns that actually shoot plastic bullets if they want to. Air Soft I think they are called. Kids don't play much else outside anymore. Hell, we used to play football, baseball, hide and seek. All they want to do now is play Call of Duty and Halo outside. It's nuts, it really is. The mixed messages the establishment is sending our boys is insane. Do they want them to become warriors, or do they want them to grow up and vote to abolish the 2nd Amendment? Frankly, I don't think these political elites have a clue what they are doing. Or there are different forces with different agendas.

Either way, it's all a wash. . . .

It's sort of weird too. The establishment is schizophrenic about it. They are trying to accomplish two goals with our kids.

First, they want to condition them to think that liking and owning guns for domestic use is bad and wrong, that citizens have no need for guns. In schools, any reference to admiring or liking guns is frowned on. Hell, they have even gotten rid of squirt gun fights at end of the year party's and at out door festivities, it is gotten to ridiculous lengths how much they want to indoctrinate kids to this whole, "guns are bad," ideal for our society.

Yet, at the same time, our nation depends on an all volunteer army. Since the 50's, the military-industrial complex has worked hand in glove with business, industry and private groups to condition the boys of this country to idolize and aspire to view the warrior culture; the adventure, the explosions, the guns, the destruction, whatever and what have you, as. . . well, awesome. The cub scouts and boy scouts were fist started to give kids a taste of survival skills and the discipline skills necessary to be part of a troop. Today, by far, the most popular games on computer and gaming consoles are the first person shooters. War toys, guns, action figures, army men, etc. not a boys play room in America doesn't have these things.

When I was growing up, there were concerns about gun violence and the influence toy guns would have, so for a while, it was difficult to get realistic looking play guns. . . But today, kids run around with toy guns that actually shoot plastic bullets if they want to. Air Soft I think they are called. Kids don't play much else outside anymore. Hell, we used to play football, baseball, hide and seek. All they want to do now is play Call of Duty and Halo outside. It's nuts, it really is. The mixed messages the establishment is sending our boys is insane. Do they want them to become warriors, or do they want them to grow up and vote to abolish the 2nd Amendment? Frankly, I don't think these political elites have a clue what they are doing. Or there are different forces with different agendas.

Either way, it's all a wash. . . .

But those two different messages are on two different levels. Obviously the one illustrated in the OP is the one that sells.

Excellent point about the MIC and comics as propaganda primer. Gives a whole new meaning to the Mickey Mouse closing theme song. Now we need to know what the other half stands for.

Forum List

Back