Political Quote of The Day

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

"Roger asked me to think about the idea. It's so far off in time, I haven't needed to decide yet. I am flattered a man with such expertise would suggest it."

-Dr. Keith Ablow
In response to New York Republican strategist and self-proclaimed "GOP Hitman", Roger Stone's suggestion that Dr. Ablow run against Senator John Kerry in 2014.

"They want men and women out of government to provide leadership and 'Doc,' as we would call him, would be the first doctor and first psychiatrist in the Senate. He has a different perspective and people are fed up with the people in the system now. A year is a lifetime in politics, but on the other hand, you can't start thinking too early. Running is a multi-million dollar project which takes time. So if Doc runs, he needs to decide by 2012"

-Roger Stone
On Newburyport psychiatrist Keith Ablow

"The United States participated actively and effectively in the negotiation of the Convention. It marks a significant step in the development during this century of international measures against torture and other inhuman treatment or punishment. Ratification of the Convention by the United States will clearly express United States opposition to torture, an abhorrent practice unfortunately still prevalent in the world today.

The core provisions of the Convention establish a regime for international cooperation in the criminal prosecution of torturers relying on so-called "universal jurisdiction." Each State Party is required either to prosecute torturers who are found in its territory or to extradite them to other countries for prosecution."

--Ronald Reagan, May 20, 1988, transmitting the Convention Against Torture to the Senate for ratification:

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

The U. S. Constitution doesn't guarantee happiness, only the pursuit of it. You have to catch up with it yourself.
Benjamin Franklin

One of the all time great quotes:

"You know, one of the hardest parts of my job is to connect Iraq to the war on terror." --George W. Bush, interview with CBS News' Katie Couric, Sept. 6, 2006

From the great AuH20:

"I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution ... or have failed their purpose ... or that impose on the people an unwarranted financial burden. I will not attempt to discover whether legislation is 'needed' before I have first determined whether it is constitutionally permissible. And if I should be attacked for neglecting my constituents' 'interests,' I shall reply that I was informed that their main interest is liberty, and in that cause I am doing the very best I can." -- Barry M. Goldwater, Conscience of A Conservative

There is an annual contest at Texas A&M University calling for the most appropriate definition of a contemporary term. This year's term was "Political Correctness." The winner wrote:

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

"But if I could create one job in the private sector by helping to grow a business, that would be one more than Congress has created in the last six months." - Sen. Evan Bayh (D)

"The times call for courage. The times call for hard work. But if the demands are high, it is because the stakes are even higher. They are nothing less than the future of human liberty, which means the future of civilization."
-- Henry Hazlitt, Speech at a dinner honoring him on his 70th birthday

"There comes a time when the operation of the machine becomes so odious, makes you so sick at heart, that you can't take part, you can't even passively take part, and you've got to put your bodies upon the gears and upon the wheels, upon all the apparatus, and you've got to make it stop. And you've got to indicate to the people who run it, the people who own it, that unless you're free the machine will be prevented from working at all. "

--Mario Savio, Sproul Hall Steps, 1964

A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.
John F. Kennedy

And so, my fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country.
John F. Kennedy

Conformity is the jailer of freedom and the enemy of growth.
John F. Kennedy

Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men.
John F. Kennedy

Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names.
John F. Kennedy

"(Tyranny is) ... when the governor, however entitled, makes not the law, but his will, the rule; and his commands and actions are not directed to the preservation of the properties of his people, but the satisfaction of his own ambition, revenge, covetousness, or any other irregular passion" -- John Locke, Second Treatise of Government

Ame®icano;2015957 said:
"But if I could create one job in the private sector by helping to grow a business, that would be one more than Congress has created in the last six months." - Sen. Evan Bayh (D)

I have a hard time believing that quote came from a Democrat.

"If Thomas Jefferson thought taxation without representation was bad, he should see how it is with representation." - Rush Limbaugh

"To renounce liberty is to renounce being a man, to surrender the rights of humanity and even its duties. For he who renounces everything no indemnity is possible. Such a renunciation is incompatible with man's nature; to remove all liberty from his will is to remove all morality from his acts." -- Jean Jacques Rousseau, The Social Contract, or Principles of Political Right, 1762

We the American people of the United States of America, can not let these people get away with there crimes on the people and are country Geithner and paulson and the other thugs and criminals that carried out this Bankster Bailout scam.
The world is Watching this thing play out.
These clowns were both, well one still is Secretary of Treasury of The United States of America, this is are country these men robbed the American people, I for one demand these two go in front of a judge and Jury, they are Criminals!!!

We the American people of the United States of America, can not let these people get away with there crimes on the people and are country Geithner and paulson and the other thugs and criminals that carried out this Bankster Bailout scam.
The world is Watching this thing play out.
These clowns were both, well one still is Secretary of Treasury of The United States of America, this is are country these men robbed the American people, I for one demand these two go in front of a judge and Jury, they are Criminals!!!

Who said this redundant quote? You should cite whoever it is you're quoting.

Forum List

Back