Political history being re wrote as we watch

The UN did not give us legal authority to act in its name or on its behalf.

We invaded a sovereign country without authority, and our leaders then are war criminals now.

It is what it is.

Jake give it a rest. No-one cares what you have to say including me. Congress approved,if it was illegal they would have impeached GWB in the drop of a hate bud
GIVE IT A REST JAKE, CHILL OUT

JRK, son, come here . . . closer. Look at me. In the eyes.

You are not in charge here, along with being wrong as well.

Our leaders then are war criminals now. Nothing you say changes that.

Jake let me show you what happens if you break the law
Issa Issues Subpoena To Holder In Fast And Furious Investigation | Fox News

Rep. Darrell Issa, chairman of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, sent a subpoena Wednesday to Attorney General Eric Holder as part of his investigation into the gun trafficking operation known as "Fast and Furious."
"Top Justice Department officials, including Attorney General Holder, know more about Operation Fast and Furious than they have publicly acknowledged," the California Republican said in a statement. "The documents this subpoena demands will provide answers to questions that Justice officials have tried to avoid since this investigation began eight months ago. It's time we know the whole truth."

Read more: Issa Issues Subpoena To Holder In Fast And Furious Investigation | Fox News

you get one of these Jake, you ever had one of these Jake?
Did GWB get one of these?

Jake give it a rest. No-one cares what you have to say including me. Congress approved,if it was illegal they would have impeached GWB in the drop of a hate bud

Rep. Darrell Issa, chairman of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, sent a subpoena Wednesday to Attorney General Eric Holder as part of his investigation into the gun trafficking operation known as "Fast and Furious."
"Top Justice Department officials, including Attorney General Holder, know more about Operation Fast and Furious than they have publicly acknowledged," the California Republican said in a statement. "The documents this subpoena demands will provide answers to questions that Justice officials have tried to avoid since this investigation began eight months ago. It's time we know the whole truth."

Read more: Issa Issues Subpoena To Holder In Fast And Furious Investigation | Fox News

double post

Last edited:

When Clinton was president, there was not an accusation too small for Republicans not to launch investigations and issue subpoenas, When Bush became president, there wasn't a scandal big enough for Democrats to ignore. I think they've given us a good model on how not to behave.

Of course we need not look too far for culpable Democrats on this issue, I'm looking at you Pelosi!

Oh and what did Bush/Cheney tell Congress when they testified under oath? Oh that's right they didn't testify under oath or have it recorded.

Should Holder take a page out of Bush's handbook and claim executive privilege?

When Clinton was president, there was not an accusation too small for Republicans not to launch investigations and issue subpoenas, When Bush became president, there wasn't a scandal big enough for Democrats to ignore. I think they've given us a good model on how not to behave.

Of course we need not look too far for culpable Democrats on this issue, I'm looking at you Pelosi!

Oh and what did Bush/Cheney tell Congress when they testified under oath? Oh that's right they didn't testify under oath or have it recorded.

Should Holder take a page out of Bush's handbook and claim executive privilege?

If we go to war on the premises that was not in the resolution that allowed for invasion, his butt would have been before congress in seconds
You guys took all of this so emotional and became so desperate to hide the truth you missed the most obvious events that took place
I built the perfect legal pyramid with the links I used just for this reason. There was nothing for GWB to hide
When the DOD went before the senate with the 500+ munitions they had found that meet the definitions of WMDs, that event made the war legal
You guys need to chill out, I am serious. Your making this thing so personal. If I was a troop that fought the war I would wonder why your so desperate to make it look as a failure
It goes from it was illegal to Iran to it was illegal to Iran and after a while its like sh--
give it a rest

JRK, having fail on his OP, now wants to exapnd into other areas.

Iraq was an illegal war. The bushies, if caught, will be tried.

Any other material is deflection. Start threads on those, please. You have been p'wnd.

JRK, having fail on his OP, now wants to exapnd into other areas.

Iraq was an illegal war. The bushies, if caught, will be tried.

Any other material is deflection. Start threads on those, please. You have been p'wnd.

Jake why was the war illegal?
impress us with your wealth of knowledge. Or is that just another slanderous statement

You have already been schooled clearly and factually why the war was illegal with facts, evidence, stats, and so forth. The fact you disagree is immaterial. If you pulled your nonsense in a class and insisted on it as you have here, you would fail.

United States
Further information: Iraq Resolution
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legality_of_the_Iraq_War

President George Bush, surrounded by leaders of the House and Senate, announces the Joint Resolution to Authorize the Use of United States Armed Forces Against Iraq, October 2, 2002.
With the support of large bipartisan majorities,
the US Congress passed the Authorization for Use of Military Force Against Iraq Resolution of 2002. The resolution asserts the authorization by the Constitution of the United States and the United States Congress for the President to fight anti-United States terrorism. Citing the Iraq Liberation Act of 1998, the resolution reiterated that it should be the policy of the United States to remove the Saddam Hussein regime and promote a democratic replacement. The resolution "supported" and "encouraged" diplomatic efforts by President George W. Bush to "strictly enforce through the U.N. Security Council all relevant Security Council resolutions regarding Iraq" and "obtain prompt and decisive action by the Security Council to ensure that Iraq abandons its strategy of delay, evasion, and noncompliance and promptly and strictly complies with all relevant Security Council resolutions regarding Iraq." The resolution authorized President Bush to use the Armed Forces of the United States "as he determines to be necessary and appropriate" in order to "defend the national security of the United States against the continuing threat posed by Iraq; and enforce all relevant United Nations Security Council Resolutions regarding Iraq."
[edit]Doe v. Bush
Main article: Doe v. Bush
In early 2003, the Iraq Resolution was challenged in court to stop the invasion and this challenge failed. Judge Lynch summarized the claims for illegality as: "They argue that the President is about to act in violation of the October resolution. They also argue that Congress and the President are in collusion—that Congress has handed over to the President its exclusive power to declare war."

Wikipedia is not an acceptable source, JRK.

Get a clear, objective source and we can go from there.

Inherited a surplus which he and Congressional republicans squandered.

You really don't have a clue do you? Clinton had about as much "surplus" on the national deficit, as someone making the claim he paid off his house by putting it on his credit card. Try looking at the amount of National Debt that was aquired under Clinton and you will come to a different conclusion.

Date . . . . . . . . . Dollar Amount
09/30/1999 . . . . 5,656,270,901,615.43
09/30/1998 . . . . 5,526,193,008,897.62
09/30/1997 . . . . 5,413,146,011,397.34
09/30/1996 . . . . 5,224,810,939,135.73
09/29/1995 . . . . 4,973,982,900,709.39
09/30/1994 . . . . 4,692,749,910,013.32

(where is this surplus?)

http://www.treasurydirect.gov/govt/reports/pd/histdebt/histdebt_histo4.thm
Government Spending Chart in United States 1900-2016 - Federal State Local
http://www.usgovernmentdebt.us/spendin_chart_1792_2016USp_12s1li0181283_739cs_H0f

Considering we didn't see another attact on American soil by terrorists, after 911, until Fort Hood (under Obama), I think GWB did a great job. He did a better job at protecting this country than President Clinton, who saw terrorists bombings on:

Feb 1993 The World Trade Center (killing 6, wounding 1,042) - no response

Nov 1995 car bomb in Riyadh, Saudia Arabia - (5 US military killed) - no response

June 25, 1996 Fuel truck bomb explodes on an Air Force instillation in Dhahran, Saudia Arabia (19 US military killed in Khubar buildings, 240 Americans wounded) - no response

Aug 7 1998 US embassies in Tanzania and Kenya (12 Americans of 301 killed, with 7 Americans among 5077 wounded) - President Clinton launched a cruise missile destroying a pharmaceutical facility in Khartoum, Sudan (was that ever a HUGE threat)

Oct 2000 USS Cole bombed at the port of Aden, Yemen (killing 17 sailors, injuring 39) - no response

What does this make BHO?

The ‘benefactor’ of GWB’s incompetence.

It's quite interesting to note how quick the left placed blame on President Bush for what happened on 9-11, only months into GWB first year as President. Yet Obama can't stop "whining" about blaming GWB for the CURRENT state of the economy he still "claims" to have inherited 3 YEARS later into his term. Can liberals be found really balling this much? Do they ever grow up? Care to have a tissue as you cry me a river?

Funny that you cast the blame on Clinton for the 1993 bombing of the WTC when it was mere days, not months into his Presidency. Nor did he recieve a PDB entitled "Bin Laden Determined to Strike In the USA". Nor did he stop and blame President Bush(41) either. Furthermore you credit President Bush with stopping terrorist attack on US soil and then list 5 terrorist attacks that occurred under Clinton that were on foriegn soil? You also failed to mention that many of the counter terrorism incentives proposed by President Clinton were fought with an alliance of the ACLU and Republican in Congress.

President Clinton did more to fight Terrorism that any President before him.

When did the Bush Administration finally take up the question of international terrorism? I recall that the Bush team regarded Star-War Missile defense as the way to protect America from Rogue Nations, well until 9-11 that is.....

There comes a point in time were hate is the only explanation for any of this crap that the left throws out there
The Tampa Rays lost in the play-offs because GWB was president

That is the real picture we get outside the liberal box, you guys have feel off of the ladder with this stuff, left the reservation

My God GWB is in Texas and has done nothing in close to 3 years and the libs still are blaming him?

Hard Right apologetics, JRK, is getting lame.

George Will, Newt Gingrich, and other leading cons opposed the war, JRK.

You have to stop this drivel, son.

United States
Further information: Iraq Resolution
Legality of the Iraq War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

President George Bush, surrounded by leaders of the House and Senate, announces the Joint Resolution to Authorize the Use of United States Armed Forces Against Iraq, October 2, 2002.
With the support of large bipartisan majorities,
the US Congress passed the Authorization for Use of Military Force Against Iraq Resolution of 2002. The resolution asserts the authorization by the Constitution of the United States and the United States Congress for the President to fight anti-United States terrorism. Citing the Iraq Liberation Act of 1998, the resolution reiterated that it should be the policy of the United States to remove the Saddam Hussein regime and promote a democratic replacement. The resolution "supported" and "encouraged" diplomatic efforts by President George W. Bush to "strictly enforce through the U.N. Security Council all relevant Security Council resolutions regarding Iraq" and "obtain prompt and decisive action by the Security Council to ensure that Iraq abandons its strategy of delay, evasion, and noncompliance and promptly and strictly complies with all relevant Security Council resolutions regarding Iraq." The resolution authorized President Bush to use the Armed Forces of the United States "as he determines to be necessary and appropriate" in order to "defend the national security of the United States against the continuing threat posed by Iraq; and enforce all relevant United Nations Security Council Resolutions regarding Iraq."
[edit]Doe v. Bush
Main article: Doe v. Bush
In early 2003, the Iraq Resolution was challenged in court to stop the invasion and this challenge failed. Judge Lynch summarized the claims for illegality as: "They argue that the President is about to act in violation of the October resolution. They also argue that Congress and the President are in collusion—that Congress has handed over to the President its exclusive power to declare war."

There was no continuing threat to the USA by Iraq. The discovery of a cache of 500+ pre-91 munitions in the war torn country didn't make them one either. The UNSCR 1441 signed by the USA, was in effect, and the weapons inspectors had reported they had full access to any site in Iraq they wanted.

I do believe every Congressman who voted for the bill abdicated his/her constitutional responsibility and should have resigned in disgrace.

We invaded Iraq to enforce UN sanction, something the UN by there own admission was failing in doing.

We invaded a sovereign country without authority, and our leaders then are war criminals now.

It is what it is.

Why do you want to silence everyone who disagrees with your primise?

Pelosi took impeachment "off the table" if you recall.....didn't stop Dennis however!

It is what it is.

Pelosi took impeachment "off the table" if you recall.....didn't stop Dennis however!

Dis agree? all you kids do is call people names and try to harm there reputation
you never talk about nothing that is in these threads
Pelosi took it off of the table?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, I got to catch my breath
After Clinton?
yea right

George Will and Newt Gingrich disagree with the neo-con hacks who keep justifying an unjustifiable war.

True conservatives, independents, and liberals, good Republicans and good Democrats, condemn the war.

Rightfully so.

Dis agree? all you kids do is call people names and try to harm there reputation
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, I got to catch my breath
After Clinton?
yea right

Gosh it was all of 5 years ago, so I guess it was before your time! :lol:

Pelosi: Bush Impeachment `Off the Table’ - New York Times

“I have said it before and I will say it again: Impeachment is off the table,” Pelosi, D-Calif

After Clinton?
yea right

“I have said it before and I will say it again: Impeachment is off the table,” Pelosi, D-Calif

It was off of the table because there was no offense That is the same as about 1/2 the BS you have said to me
Its the same as race baiting
It means nothing, did you not read the link I posted? the legality of the war went to a federal court before we even invaded dude

n early 2003, the Iraq Resolution was challenged in court to stop the invasion and this challenge failed. Judge Lynch summarized the claims for illegality as: "They argue that the President is about to act in violation of the October resolution. They also argue that Congress and the President are in collusion—that Congress has handed over to the President its exclusive power to declare war."
Judge Lynch summarized the position of the United States Government as: "The defendants are equally eloquent about the impropriety of judicial intrusion into the extraordinarily delicate foreign affairs and military calculus, one that could be fatally upset by judicial interference. Such intervention would be all the worse here, defendants say, because Congress and the President are in accord as to the threat to the nation and the legitimacy of a military response to that threat."
The final decision came from a three-judge panel from the US Court of Appeals for the First Circuit. Judge Lynch wrote "this issue is not fit now for judicial review" and that the Judiciary cannot intervene unless there is a fully developed conflict between the President and Congress or if Congress gave the President "absolute discretion" to declare war.[64]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legality_of_the_Iraq_War

After Clinton?
yea right

It was off of the table because there was no offense That is the same as about 1/2 the BS you have said to me
Its the same as race baiting
It means nothing, did you not read the link I posted? the legality of the war went to a federal court before we even invaded dude

n early 2003, the Iraq Resolution was challenged in court to stop the invasion and this challenge failed. Judge Lynch summarized the claims for illegality as: "They argue that the President is about to act in violation of the October resolution. They also argue that Congress and the President are in collusion—that Congress has handed over to the President its exclusive power to declare war."
Judge Lynch summarized the position of the United States Government as: "The defendants are equally eloquent about the impropriety of judicial intrusion into the extraordinarily delicate foreign affairs and military calculus, one that could be fatally upset by judicial interference. Such intervention would be all the worse here, defendants say, because Congress and the President are in accord as to the threat to the nation and the legitimacy of a military response to that threat."
The final decision came from a three-judge panel from the US Court of Appeals for the First Circuit. Judge Lynch wrote "this issue is not fit now for judicial review" and that the Judiciary cannot intervene unless there is a fully developed conflict between the President and Congress or if Congress gave the President "absolute discretion" to declare war.[64]
Legality of the Iraq War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As Speaker of the House she had the power to shelve any motion for impeachment, she didn't allow a straight up vote on the issue. Her reasons were explained in the NY Times article, none of which is the legality of the invasion or occupation, or anything from the court case you site.

Forum List

Back