Zone1 Political Correctness in 2022

IM2

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 11, 2015
And now we see a new form of political correctness in 2022.

Okla. downgrades school district over complaint it ‘shamed White people’​

James Bikales - 55m ago

The Oklahoma State Board of Education voted this week to downgrade the accreditation of Tulsa Public Schools after a teacher reportedly complained that the school district’s training materials “shame White people.”

The board voted 4-2 to lower the status of Tulsa Public Schools to “accredited with warning” on Thursday after the state’s Department of Education determined an implicit bias training for teachers in August 2021 violated House Bill 1775. The law, which restricts discussions of race and sex in public schools, is widely seen as targeting critical race theory. The state investigation began after a complaint from a teacher who has not been publicly identified, according to the Oklahoman.

The board also demoted another district, Mustang Public Schools near Oklahoma City, to “accredited with warning” after it self-reported that a teacher had violated House Bill 1775 by using an exercise that made students uncomfortable on account of their race or sex.

And this is the new political correctness. If somebody white feels uncomfortable with a discussion about race we can't talk about it. That's soft.

I went K-12 and 2 years of college being made to feel uncomfortable because blacks were slaves. We got in fights on playgrounds because white kids called us slaves. But a grown up white teacher is too wesk to face what whites have done and school districts get downgraded. That's another example of white privilege.

James Bikales - 55m ago

The Oklahoma State Board of Education voted this week to downgrade the accreditation of Tulsa Public Schools after a teacher reportedly complained that the school district’s training materials “shame White people.”

The board voted 4-2 to lower the status of Tulsa Public Schools to “accredited with warning” on Thursday after the state’s Department of Education determined an implicit bias training for teachers in August 2021 violated House Bill 1775. The law, which restricts discussions of race and sex in public schools, is widely seen as targeting critical race theory. The state investigation began after a complaint from a teacher who has not been publicly identified, according to the Oklahoman.

The board also demoted another district, Mustang Public Schools near Oklahoma City, to “accredited with warning” after it self-reported that a teacher had violated House Bill 1775 by using an exercise that made students uncomfortable on account of their race or sex.

And this is the new political correctness. If somebody white feels uncomfortable with a discussion about race we can't talk about it. That's soft.

I went K-12 and 2 years of college being made to feel uncomfortable because blacks were slaves. We got in fights on playgrounds because white kids called us slaves. But a grown up white teacher is too wesk to face what whites have done and school districts get downgraded. That's another example of white privilege.
BS. They did this because the Tulsa school district was caught with groomer books in libraries & promoting racism.

If they would have refrained from grooming & teaching racist CRT claptrap, there would be no problem

BS. They did this because the Tulsa school district was caught with groomer books in libraries & promoting racism.

If they would have refrained from grooming & teaching racist CRT claptrap, there would be no problem
None of that was happening.

Which truth is not being taught?
That’s the crux of it, isn’t it? As if there’s some mysterious “truth” being hidden.

The truth is that there was slavery, which we were taught. The truth is that there were Jim Crow laws in the South, which we were taught.

I say we need to focus more on basic academic subjects, which our children are woefully behind on. We also need to add in more “life-type” classes like basic financial literacy.

Enough already with the “truth.”

That’s the crux of it, isn’t it? As if there’s some mysterious “truth” being hidden.

The truth is that there was slavery, which we were taught. The truth is that there were Jim Crow laws in the South, which we were taught.

I say we need to focus more on basic academic subjects, which our children are woefully behind on. We also need to add in more “life-type” classes like basic financial literacy.

Enough already with the “truth.”
Did they teach that a slave could be put to death for owning a drum? They didn't when I was in school.

Did they teach that a slave could be put to death for owning a drum? They didn't when I was in school.
They can’t teach every detail, or the focus of education would be on how blacks were wronged in the past - and basic academic subjects would get the short shift.

Did they teach you, for example, that General Grant issued an order expelling all Jews, with 24 hours’ notice, living in Tennessee, Mississippi, and Kentucky to vacate their homes and move….elsewhere? (Lincoln stopped it.) They didn’t when I was in school.

The point is that lots of groups were subjected to all sorts of awful shit, but the focus of education needs to be on academic and vocational subjects.

They can’t teach every detail, or the focus of education would be on how blacks were wronged in the past - and basic academic subjects would get the short shift.

Did they teach you, for example, that General Grant issued an order expelling all Jews, with 24 hours’ notice, living in Tennessee, Mississippi, and Kentucky to vacate their homes and move….elsewhere? (Lincoln stopped it.) n’t when I was in school.

The point is that lots of groups were subjected to all sorts of awful shit, but the focus of education needs to be on academic and vocational subjects.

I am 67. Even back qhen I was young, we learned about about the trail of tears, just as we learned about slavery and the Holocaust.

To listen to the Woke authoritarians, you would think these were taught as good things or something. They werent. Obviously so, as they were taought as abominations.

Dont know how you KNOW so much and can't figure out the DIFFERENCE between the ugliness of HISTORY and REVIVING that racial ugliness based on flawed academics TODAY.

First of all, would you have been MORE COMFORTABLE NOT teaching about slavery back then? What EXACTLY was your point?

We WANT the ugly history taught and illuminated to some degree. We DONT want NEW cries of PERPETUAL and UNAVOIDABLE racism taught to kids TODAY. When you revive skin color as CENTRAL FEATURE of theory that states that racism is UNAVOIDABLE -- in the past, in the present and in the future -- you purposely stymie any attempt at assimilation, integration, and national unity. In addition it states that CRT "cannot by definition be objective". Furthermore the founders of this theory state

The aim is “recover and revitalize the radical tradition of race-consciousness,” a tradition “that was discarded when integration, assimilation and the ideal of colorblindness became the official norms of racial enlightenment.”

AND

This metric ( of merit based economics) is unacceptable, the editors say, because certain “conceptions of merit function not as a neutral basis for distributing resources and opportunity, but rather as a repository of hidden, race-specific preferences for those who have the power to determine the meaning and consequences of ‘merit.’ ” These critics don’t specify which conceptions of merit, if any, they would find acceptable.

IOwords -- TODAY -- the white leftist educational elite WANT to teach kids these principles to increase race consciousness, replace equality with equity, devalue effort and merit, have white kids treat ALL blacks as a victim class that needs artificial support to thrive. And to remind black kids that whites have an INHERENT racism that cant be fixed and that ALL WHITES are still oppressing them today.

Not about history. It's about the Left CANCELING societal structure systematically. From law and justice, education to politics. Including compensation based on past wrongs of the grand and great-grand parents. Because of the "systemic racism" that they say is conveniently HIDDEN in all aspects of society today.

I'm got no problems with "the talk" that black (or even white) parents HAVE with their kids. There ARE racist people out there. Just like poverty - racism IS a perrenial issue. But the situation today IS WHOLLY more equal and fair than it's ever been in America. And FIGHTING racism with racist indoctrination in our schools is sick and cynical.

This is dangerously retro. And the result if SUCCESSFUL -- is re-segregation when skin color is more important than any other human quality or trait.

Last edited:
So-What%20%281%29-S.jpg

James Bikales - 55m ago

You said you went two years of college feeling uncomfortable because of 19th century slavery. My question is….

What happened in years three and four of college that changed, so that you became comfortable?

The “woke” left seems to think that the most important thing to teach impressionable children is how awful whites were to blacks generations ago when in fact they have taught about slavery and Jim Crow for generations.

Are there some gaps missing, such as a slave could be put to death for owning a drum? Of course there are. But there are also gaps in basic arithmetic, other areas of history unrelated to slavery, geography (wow, are there ever gaps there!), world history, reading comprehension, writing skills, and some lifestyle skills like financial literacy and basic job skills. Why should all these very important subjects take a back seat to giving more time to get into more details about slavery?

when skin color is more important than any other human quality or trait.
Which, of course, is the paradigm for the most primitive societies and that which liberalism sought to relegate to the dust bin of history.

People conflate liberal with left with Democrat, but these are quite different concepts. This regressive tribalism is certainly being promoted by the left, but it ISN'T liberal.

None of that was happening.
Really?
I live around Tulsa so try your race hustle gaslighting on someone who doesn't know any better.
Any fellow lefty will do, ya'll have the combined IQ of a fruit salad.

If you're going to post something, try to have some sort of clue about what you're talking about

Forum List

Back