Political attacks knock wind out of Kennedy's sails

"I know of no murderers of rapists serving in office for my party."

yea, only ex klansmen, freezerbag crooks and faux environmentalists..

but you share a jersey so thats ok, right?

are you aware of the fact that I was responding to a direct charge by RGS? yes or no.

And if yes, could you explain how using that quote in this post was not taking me out of context.

Kennedy is a murderer? odd.... he has never been charged or convicted of that crime...how did that happen. Similarly.... please name the democrats in office who have been convicted of rape. I'll wait.

once again.... way more heat than light. I might have to put you back on ignore if this is how you are going to act.:rofl:

Yup, there we go again. Remind me again of ANY convictions of President Reagan, First President Bush and the Current President Bush? Hell provide me with even ONE official charge against the current President Bush.

Pretending Kennedy did not murder that girl so long ago is of course a hoot. Where is Ruby to remind us how failure to provide conviction or even charge is proof in itself of corruption by this evil Republic of ours?

Further you know as well as I do who the most current Rapist was. Hell if they can charge a religious leader ( rightly I might add) with rape because he told a 14 year old to marry her cousin, Your buddy sure as hell applies.

hmmm.. I bet you certainly wouldnt be the person donning the court jester gear if the surname were Bush instead of Kennedy..

NEVER!

after all.. it's the non-conviction that wipes the slate clean!

Hey, feel free to put me on ignore too if you are too much of a giant swolen 'giner to defend your coulteresque behaviour.

and where did I ever say any slate was wiped clean? I only objected to him being referred to as a murderer. I have already discussed chappaquiddick. give it a rest.

are you aware of the fact that I was responding to a direct charge by RGS? yes or no.

And if yes, could you explain how using that quote in this post was not taking me out of context.

Hey, I corrected myself without having to take direction from your desperate strawman tangent. If thats what you would rather focus on than the issue at hand feel free to admire how I edited my post BEFORE your panties got all bunched up. im sure you can scroll up and look at the time stamp.

Hell, I can email you a gold star if you want to really feellike youve scored a point. Although, Im pretty sure it wont polish the turd of your blatant blind partisanship.

Yup, there we go again. Remind me again of ANY convictions of President Reagan, First President Bush and the Current President Bush? Hell provide me with even ONE official charge against the current President Bush.

Pretending Kennedy did not murder that girl so long ago is of course a hoot. Where is Ruby to remind us how failure to provide conviction or even charge is proof in itself of corruption by this evil Republic of ours?

Further you know as well as I do who the most current Rapist was. Hell if they can charge a religious leader ( rightly I might add) with rape because he told a 14 year old to marry her cousin, Your buddy sure as hell applies.

where have I ever called any of the republican presidents you list either a murderer or a rapist?

I'll wait.

Pretending to not understand the english language enough to know that "murder" requires malicious intent AND premeditation is not necessarily a hoot.... it is sad and pathetic.

and where did I ever say any slate was wiped clean? I only objected to him being referred to as a murderer. I have already discussed chappaquiddick. give it a rest.

If he were a poor black man instead of a wealthy white waspy family he may very well have been charged with murder. But, hey, the silver spoon triumphed so why even bring it up when there are gay republicans to drag out of the closet, eh? what is one young womans life compared to some man on man restroom action, eh? Hell, why give a damn about the sins of your own side when there is a strawman to construct!

Hey, I corrected myself without having to take direction from your desperate strawman tangent. If thats what you would rather focus on than the issue at hand feel free to admire how I edited my post BEFORE your panties got all bunched up. im sure you can scroll up and look at the time stamp.

Hell, I can email you a gold star if you want to really feellike youve scored a point. Although, Im pretty sure it wont polish the turd of your blatant blind partisanship.

that was my point. you did NOT correct yourself. the quote from me is still in there.... and used to launch your idiotic rant about klansmen and freezerbags.

and again....partisanship is only blind if you are unaware of the goals of the organization for which you a partisan. I say again....my partisanship is 20/20.... I am not blind one bit.

that was my point. you did NOT correct yourself. the quote from me is still in there.... and used to launch your idiotic rant about klansmen and freezerbags.

and again....partisanship is only blind if you are unaware of the goals of the organization for which you a partisan. I say again....my partisanship is 20/20.... I am not blind one bit.

Which makes you a true HYPOCRITE, one that openly admits to hypocrisy and defends it as being acceptable for himself but not others.

"I know of no murderers of rapists serving in office for my party."

yea, only ex klansmen, freezerbag crooks and faux environmentalists..

but you share a jersey so thats ok, right?

Last edited by Shogun : 09-13-2007 at 12:46 PM.

Didnt care to look for the edit and the timestamp, eh dude?

the fact remains...you were apparently unaware of the context in which I made that statement.... so I asked you - and still do - do you read these threads or just follow me around all fucking day playing "gotcha"?

do you realize how RICH it is to see you crying about GOTCHA games? really?

for real.. just sit back and get yourself all zen comfy and ponder that for half a second.

If he were a poor black man instead of a wealthy white waspy family he may very well have been charged with murder. But, hey, the silver spoon triumphed so why even bring it up when there are gay republicans to drag out of the closet, eh? what is one young womans life compared to some man on man restroom action, eh? Hell, why give a damn about the sins of your own side when there is a strawman to construct!

"IF"..."MAY".... yeah...I guess that would make Teddy a "murderer" even though he showed no malice aforethought and no premeditation....

what the hell do words matter if we can use them to mean whatever the fuck we want them to mean?

and when have I EVER said that I condoned chappaquiddick or did not give a damn about it?

I'll wait

Which makes you a true HYPOCRITE, one that openly admits to hypocrisy and defends it as being acceptable for himself but not others.

so..I guess this would be a good time for you to post that quote from me where I admit to being a hypocite and where I defend hypocrisy as being acceptable for anyone, let alone myself.

I'll wait.

indeed, your logic fits every karl rove strategy put into place ove rthe last 7years. But, I know I know.. it's EVIL when they do it but a "go team" moment when you do...

all you are doing is rationalizing. You know this. I know this. RGS knows it. so forth and so on. wave your team flag, dude. You are still just as much part of the fucked up polarized hateful nature of recent politics as they are.

indeed, your logic fits every karl rove strategy put into place ove rthe last 7years. But, I know I know.. it's EVIL when they do it but a "go team" moment when you do...

all you are doing is rationalizing. You know this. I know this. RGS knows it. so forth and so on. wave your team flag, dude. You are still just as much part of the fucked up polarized hateful nature of recent politics as they are.

I understand your opinion. I do not share it, and I resent you attempting to state what I do or do not "know".

and like I have said before, the guy who unilaterally beats his sword into a plowshare gets sliced up.

"IF"..."MAY".... yeah...I guess that would make Teddy a "murderer" even though he showed no malice aforethought and no premeditation....

what the hell do words matter if we can use them to mean whatever the fuck we want them to mean?

and when have I EVER said that I condoned chappaquiddick or did not give a damn about it?

I'll wait

He made a conscious choice to obstruct the investigation. He made a conscious choice to wait HOURS to call anyone about a dead girl HE drove into the river and left to die. He was further most likely DRUNK when it occurred, explaining his desire to wait to tell anyone.

Anyone not a prominent member of a protected family would have been arrested and charged with at the very least a form of man slaughter, which is a form of MURDER. Personally his actions after the "accident" make him much more than guilty of manslaughter. I would tack on depraved indifference.

He made a conscious choice to obstruct the investigation. He made a conscious choice to wait HOURS to call anyone about a dead girl HE drove into the river and left to die. He was further most likely DRUNK when it occurred, explaining his desire to wait to tell anyone.

Anyone not a prominent member of a protected family would have been arrested and charged with at the very least a form of man slaughter, which is a form of MURDER. Personally his actions after the "accident" make him much more than guilty of manslaughter. I would tack on depraved indifference.

Odd....I didn't see any malice aforethought...didn't see any premeditation. You gonna bring those elements into your case anytime soon?

I understand your opinion. I do not share it, and I resent you attempting to state what I do or do not "know".

and like I have said before, the guy who unilaterally beats his sword into a plowshare gets sliced up.

thats a pretty glas half empty way to look at bipartisanship.

And, i'm not making a single statment about what you do or do not "know" I'm taking you to task for your one sided inconsistency when criticizing deplorable politicians. You say you don't see anyone on the right making an effort to come to the middle. Well, go figure when you are hellbent on excusing yourself from holding your party to a standard that we wish THEY would hold theirs to when the talking point marathon gets started.

walk a mile, buddy. We are still all Americans.

Your words...
All that follows being Maineman's own words.
The reason that I do not go after Kennedy is, because he is NOT MY senator and he is not a member of the opposition party. If Kennedy were the senator from Maine, I would be quite amenable to a primary opponent for him. As it is.... I think it is up to the people of Massachusetts to pick their senators, not me. I point out Craig's hypocrisy because I AM a partisan democrat, and am not ashamed of that in any way.

If Kennedy were, in fact, a political liability, he would not keep getting reelected by such lopsided margins every six years. He may be a lightning rod for republican derision, but he remains an effective senator who maintains the trust and admiration of his constituency.

regarding your congressional oversight line.... you really need to do some math. Democrats assumed control of congress by a whisker in January of 2007. that is eight MONTHS ago, not two years.

Some more of your words

That really is the distinction that is clear to me: I am willing to accept hypocrisy in democrats because, hypocritical or not, they will work to enact the platform that I believe in. Craig is a hypocrite, but republicans were quite happy to have him on board, because even though he was a self loathing gay hypocrite, he was a steady vote for THEIR platform which THEY fervently believe in.

and again...

I AM better than Ann Coulter. I said that.

and this...

it would only be "blindly" if I was unaware of the contents of the democratic party platform. My eyes are wide open. I know what my party stands for and it is what I stand for. I believe that America will be a better and better place with each plank that becomes law.

why is that so incredibly difficult for you to understand, or are you just playing the contrary act for the hell of it?

and the best one

We all just don't understand your Nuianced positions I guess.

Odd....I didn't see any malice aforethought...didn't see any premeditation. You gonna bring those elements into your case anytime soon?

I guess only silver spoon conservatives are a worthy target, eh?

If Teds last name was Johnson or Jackson his ass would have been thrown in prison. Yet, here we are trying to forget how a wealthy political family deals with shit like this.. well, at least he was a democrat, eh?

Lots of malice AFTER he killed her. Or did he hit his head and go unconscious all that time it took to call anyone about a dead girl in his car? Also last I checked murder does NOT require premeditation, taking someone elses life with out cause is murder, there are degrees of course. But do pretend otherwise.

I can just hear your rampages if a prominent republican had done what kennedy got away with. Hell you go on and on about footsie in a bathroom stall like it were a federal offense.

Then of course we have his cousin raping women in Florida, but hey thats ok cause he was just doing at the Senator's house and he wasn't elected to office. And then we have the 3 am drunk driving, " I am going to an important vote" defense by another Kennedy. One that was never even checked for blood alcohol content or drug use.

Lots of malice AFTER he killed her. Or did he hit his head and go unconscious all that time it took to call anyone about a dead girl in his car? Also last I checked murder does NOT require premeditation, taking someone elses life with out cause is murder, there are degrees of course. But do pretend otherwise.

I can just hear your rampages if a prominent republican had done what kennedy got away with. Hell you go on and on about footsie in a bathroom stall like it were a federal offense.

Then of course we have his cousin raping women in Florida, but hey thats ok cause he was just doing at the Senator's house and he wasn't elected to office. And then we have the 3 am drunk driving, " I am going to an important vote" defense by another Kennedy. One that was never even checked for blood alcohol content or drug use.

the elements of murder require malice AFOREthought and premeditation. Your characterization of Kennedy as a murderer is inflammatory and inaccurate and I called you on it. and I will every time.

and PLEASE stop scatter shooting all this other crap to hide from that fact.

Forum List

Back