Polish President's Plane Crashes In Poland

If Putin were to do this as a KGB type op, which I doubt this is, he would arrange it at Cassino.

There is no benifit to anyone from this. The Russians want to keep their behavior between 1939 and 1940 very very quiet. They don't want the whole world asking inconvinent questions about the meaning of this place. what would have been a quiet time allowing a chance to move on has now become a world wide story. And Katyn Forest brings up all kinds of ghosts that the Russians really badly want to forget.

That Putin may in a small way benefit from this is a remote possiblity. What we will get instead is intense Polish anger and intransigence vis a vis Russia. It doesn't matter that the territory that the Russians stole in 1939 has been inherited by someone else. It was a Russian crime. Hate has a long memory, and this just adds kerosine and Florine to an already too hot fire.
Actually, there would be a benefit, if this were the Russians' doing. There is a significant vaccum in the Polish government.

If Putin were to do this as a KGB type op, which I doubt this is, he would arrange it at Cassino.

There is no benifit to anyone from this. The Russians want to keep their behavior between 1939 and 1940 very very quiet. They don't want the whole world asking inconvinent questions about the meaning of this place. what would have been a quiet time allowing a chance to move on has now become a world wide story. And Katyn Forest brings up all kinds of ghosts that the Russians really badly want to forget.

That Putin may in a small way benefit from this is a remote possiblity. What we will get instead is intense Polish anger and intransigence vis a vis Russia. It doesn't matter that the territory that the Russians stole in 1939 has been inherited by someone else. It was a Russian crime. Hate has a long memory, and this just adds kerosine and Florine to an already too hot fire.
Actually, there would be a benefit, if this were the Russians' doing. There is a significant vaccum in the Polish government.

Nature abhorres vacuums. And Russians, when it comes to gambling are chalk eaters. No way they would create this kind of mess, especially where there is no upside to them anywhere.

They do like, in the russian phrase, to fish in troubled waters. But they count on others to muddy things up so they can gather up their gains while everyone else is screaming.

That is why i said they would be more likely to do such a stunt at Cassino. Get the English, the Americans, the Italians and the Poles all mad at each other. But be a party to a fight where they can only loose? Not their style.

If Putin had a hand in this you better believe that it will never be proven.

Millions of Poles are thinking the same way. Which is why I bet the Russians are in full panic mode.

While I think Putin is a total dipstick, this is beyond his capacity for stupid.

Regardless of whether or not Russia was involved with the crash, they will certainly use this tragedy to manipulate Poland. The U.S. (quite shamefully) left them vulnerable to Russia by abandoning the missile defense program. Big Uncle Putin will fill the breach.

Putin says he's gonna investigate.

I wouldn't put it past the Russians, but I think it's unlikely. There just isn't much to be gained from it.

Isnt there? They get rid of the guy who is causing them problems in Poland. Opening up an chance for them to get their guy in charge of Poland.

I dont think we are paying attention to the game that Putin is playing.

Except that the potential replacements are very closely aligned to Kaczyński on foreign policy.

Regardless of whether or not Russia was involved with the crash, they will certainly use this tragedy to manipulate Poland. The U.S. (quite shamefully) left them vulnerable to Russia by abandoning the missile defense program. Big Uncle Putin will fill the breach.

Putin says he's gonna investigate.

That is SO Reassuring.

Damn. Just damn.

A coincidence...or something sinister? Sure looks suspicious...and just a few days after the coup in Kyrgyzstan.

How is there a significant vacuum? Kaczyński is dead, so the parliament speaker takes over as acting president until the next election (which was scheduled for this fall and will be moved up a few months because of the death). The parliament speak, Komorowski, comes from prime minster's party, Civic Platform. The only real difference between Civic Platform and Law & Justice (Kaczyński's party) is a personality conflict. In terms of policy, the two are interchangeable.

Damn. Just damn.

A coincidence...or something sinister? Sure looks suspicious...and just a few days after the coup in Kyrgyzstan.

And Kyrgystan is quite suspicious in context of the new nuke treaty.

Obama is such a chump.

There is something to that.

I read a comment the other day that Obama's insane foreign policy might be designed to make the rest of the world so volatile that the U.S. will remain, by comparison, the strong super power. This is aimed at debtholders who are facing rolling over treasuries. Despite our financial issues, the political risk in the rest of the world keeps the U.S. in "safe have" status.

I read a comment the other day that Obama's insane foreign policy might be designed to make the rest of the world so volatile that the U.S. will remain, by comparison, the strong super power. This is aimed at debtholders who are facing rolling over treasuries. Despite our financial issues, the political risk in the rest of the world keeps the U.S. in "safe have" status.

I don't think so. He not only disbelieves in American exceptionalism, he really wants to see the US more like Mexico and South America, at best.

I didn't think so when he ran, but all signs really do point to that.

I don't think so. He not only disbelieves in American exceptionalism, he really wants to see the US more like Mexico and South America, at best.

:lol: What signs? This I'd love to hear.

You must be one of those people in the Harris poll who voted yes to the questions of whether he is Anti-American and wants to see this country die.

My god, do you ever think for one moment how much of a truther you sound like?

Noting that right-wingers see Mexico and South America as the ideal society (the "Brazilianization of America", as one historian put it), that's a pretty funny thing to hear someone say.

Forum List

Back