Police: Juveniles laughed after setting 15-year-old on fire

Discussion in 'Religion and Ethics' started by Modbert, Oct 13, 2009.

1. Modbert

Modbert Daydream Believer Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,962
    What kind of monsters are people raising these days? :eusa_eh:

Police: Juveniles laughed after setting 15-year-old on fire - CNN.com

Over $40 this happened. Let me repeat that, this started over $40. I would shake my head, but I'm just too disgusted.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Ravi

Ravi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,770
    Some people are too fucked to exist.

3. Elutherian

Elutherian BadMother****er

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +53
    I blame the damn video games and movies that are desensitizing people. If I played Grand Theft Auto for 9 years straight I would be f*cked up too.

4. Modbert

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,962
    Yes, by all means, blame video games. Don't blame the parents who didn't properly raise their children or the system in which their behavior was obviously allowed to occur.

Yes, by all means, get a scapegoat. I played Grand Theft Auto since #3 came out however long ago it was. Am I out there setting kids on fire? I think not.

Peddle that bullshit elsewhere. These kids are monsters plain and simple.

5. Elutherian

Elutherian BadMother****er

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +53
    Well of course I blame the parents for letting them play the damn games, and watch the movies. I'm not saying playing video games and watching movies is bad, but moderation is key... kids don't know how to be moderate in nothing.

And you are right that they're monsters... I just think desensitization plays a major role, that's all.

6. Modbert

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,962
    Except you don't know whether these kids play Grand Theft Auto or any other video game obsessively. You're jumping to conclusions with no evidence.

I've been watching horror movies and playing violent video games since I was 10. I've seen pretty much every single bloody American horror movie there is that's any good and now making my way to the Japanese ones because that's where horror is at now a days. So it's not even about moderation, it's about being taught by your parents what's right and what's wrong.

It's also about not being fucking crazy. Speaking of which, all across the world in places like Japan they watch the same movies and games we do, they even have some worse gory movies. How come they're not all doing the shit we see here in the U.S.? I'll tell you why, it's the society we have and the environment that these kids are growing up in.

Whether you agree or disagree with Michael Moore, he makes a great point about this in Bowling for Columbine. Across the world, why are other countries gun deaths so much lower? It relates to the society and media. All-fear based and such.

7. AllieBaba

AllieBaba BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,650
    David fought Goliath when he was 9 and killed him. Boys down through the ages have been desensitized to violence.

What is happening, you are both right, is that now there is also a lack of morality and guidance in the home and in society. In a society where there are no boundaries, guidelines or consequences, and even those who behave in anti-social manner are considered victims, this sort of thing is bound to happen.

8. Ravi

Ravi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,770
    Do violent video games make you crazy or are crazies drawn to violent video games? I'd say the latter.

And who know with these kids...they are just fucked in the head.

9. AllieBaba

AllieBaba BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,650
    It's not just the video games...it's the lack of supervision, the lack of structure which would provide them with other things to do and develop character, virtue and morality.

10. Ravi

Ravi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,770
    Maybe, Babble, but IMO some parents can twist themselves into knots and their kids will still be fucked in the head.