Police dog bites unarmed man

This guy was accused of a minor traffic violation and surrendered with his hands up. He was kneeling and the other officers screamed……Don’t release the dog!

Still the guy released him and ordered him to attack
Stealing somebody else's truck is a minor traffic violation?

BRB. I have to get a mattress 'cause I'm gonna faint!!!

The fellow did use an obscenity with the police officer, so I can see where the cop was offended. A lot of officers don't take that shit for a second.

However, what I don't see is why the news story mentions the race of the guy who got bit. There is no reason to think a smartassed Honky wouldn't have got the same treatment if he acted out in this Alabama town. looks like the media is just trying to stir up a racial divide.
Always, it's the agenda. One of many being operated by the liberal left. I just hope this nation will get it's head back out of it's ace.

This guy was accused of a minor traffic violation and surrendered with his hands up. He was kneeling and the other officers screamed……Don’t release the dog!

Still the guy released him and ordered him to attack
Stealing a semi truck doesn't seem like a minor traffic violation.

July 23 (Reuters) - Police in Ohio unleashed a canine on a Black man who had exited his vehicle with his hands raised after a traffic stop earlier this month, according to officials.

The incident unfolded on July 4 after law enforcement officers engaged in the lengthy pursuit of a semi-tractor trailer driven by 23-year-old Jadarrius Rose. The vehicle was missing a mud flap and it had failed to stop for an inspection, a report from the Ohio State Highway Patrol (OSHP) said.

It came to a halt on a state highway about 40 miles south of Columbus after authorities deployed tire deflation devices, known as "stop sticks," for a second time.

In a video provided by the highway patrol, Rose is seen standing in front of the vehicle with his hands raised as law enforcement officials order him to get on the ground.

Moments later, an officer with the Circleville Police Department unleashed a police dog on Rose even though a state trooper told the local officer not to release the dog.

"Do not release the dog - with his hands up," the trooper can be heard shouting on the video.

The video shows the dog running towards Rose, now on his knees, and video appears to show the canine biting and pulling the driver. Rose screams loudly and can be heard saying, "please get it off."

"As troopers were attempting to gain compliance by providing verbal commands to the suspect, Circleville Police Department deployed their canine, which resulted in the suspect being bitten by the canine," the highway patrol said in a statement.
How many times (regardless of a damned dog bite), are these criminal's going to have to learn that you don't steal, don't fight or resist capture or arrest, and stop being a damned criminal already ? Ok, so if it is found by the officer's supervisors that he shouldn't have released the dog, then write the officer up, and give him a few days unpaid leave with an evaluation + training on what not to do when apprehending a surrendering criminal. End of story.

Everything is way to hyper sensitive anymore, and enough of the stupidity already. We have to have law enforcement, and that's all there is to it. Get over it, and stop being a damned criminal already is what I say.

Police Dogs are there to take down suspects who resist orders by police whether they are armed or not...
Good Boy.... good boy....

Police Dogs are there to take down suspects who resist orders by police whether they are armed or not...
Good Boy.... good boy....

I assume that you're talking about the story in the OP. Not the one where the suspect had his hands up.

How many times (regardless of a damned dog bite), are these criminal's going to have to learn that you don't steal, don't fight or resist capture or arrest, and stop being a damned criminal already ? Ok, so if it is found by the officer's supervisors that he shouldn't have released the dog, then write the officer up, and give him a few days unpaid leave with an evaluation + training on what not to do when apprehending a surrendering criminal. End of story.

Everything is way to hyper sensitive anymore, and enough of the stupidity already. We have to have law enforcement, and that's all there is to it. Get over it, and stop being a damned criminal already is what I say.
It has nothing to do with “hypersensitive”.

As someone who has raised and trained dogs for just this purpose, I agree. The fact that the criminal wasn't armed is meaningless, after all, the dog was not armed either. I had a dog that brought a suspect down after tracking him from a violent carjacking and assault. The idiot had a weapon and aimed it at the dog. The dog left him with several stitches and a broken arm. The dog followed his commands and backed off when commanded to do so.
The suspect's lawyer tried to have the dog put down, he did achieve banning the dog from the rez, but he wasn't put down. The crook did some time but was let out. He later was caught again for robbery, this time off the rez, and got a real jail sentence.

None of that applies in this situation. The suspect had surrendered. Period. Yes he had fled in the vechicle. But he was now standing with his hands empty and up.

Empty hands. No weapons. Not fleeing. Not running away. Standing and obeying the instructions of police.

Now you may think the baddie deserves to be bitten. But the inevitable lawsuit he will win says no.

Expect the charges he is facing to be seriously reduced, if not dropped because of the excessive force. Now let me ask you this. If the purpose of police is to get the baddies off the street, whose fault is it when the baddie goes back on the street because the cops couldn’t resist the instant gratification?

Man bites dog

iu

Forum List

Back