Police: 7-year-old fatally shot by father outside gun store in Pennsylvania

I'm sick of the gun nuts stepping over the bodies of children to push their sick and senseless agenda.

The only thing they are doing is getting 'sick' of pablum puking libtards pushing their agenda.

What's even sicker than the complete disregard gun nuts have for dead children is that they want criminals and the mentally ill to have access to large magazines and totally automatic guns.

I have guns, have always had guns and belonged to the NRA for much of my life. Not anymore though because I can't stand the sickos that have taken over. The one's who actually seem to believe that cars and doctors are the same as guns.

IOW, they''re not just sick. They're down right stupid.

Fact is, other countries have guns. Canada, for example. I've read that they have more guns, per capita, than we do. But, Canada doesn't shoot their children and then make excuses. They don't play the mind numbingly stupid game of "cars kill children too so we should just ban cars".

Nope, only the US has idiots who are THAT brain dead.

And, many of them post on this board.

A child is dead and all you fools can do is (step over his body to) whine about liberals.

Without your propaganda and misinformation, you are shooting blanks. Do you really believe the Bullshit you post, or is it just a big joke to you?

Less then 1000 people a year die from accidental discharge of a firearm. But then you don't care about that fact do you? Hell there are 40 to 50 thousand a year killed in car accidents, lets ban private ownership of cars. FOR the children of course.

In 2008 there were 680 accidental shooting deaths in the United States, with more than 15,500 shooting injuries. Most disturbing, perhaps, is the number of children involved in accidental shootings. Every day approximately five children are injured or killed on a nationwide basis as a result of handguns.

Accidental Shooting | TheSurvivorsClub.org

The focus here is on gun locks and safe storage.

Understood but I wanted that gunny to know there are a lot of kids being injured yearly.

Less then 1000 people a year die from accidental discharge of a firearm. But then you don't care about that fact do you? Hell there are 40 to 50 thousand a year killed in car accidents, lets ban private ownership of cars. FOR the children of course.

In 2008 there were 680 accidental shooting deaths in the United States, with more than 15,500 shooting injuries. Most disturbing, perhaps, is the number of children involved in accidental shootings. Every day approximately five children are injured or killed on a nationwide basis as a result of handguns.

How many in car accidents? And yet not a peep about that when the nutters get going. By the way? The Constitution protects my right to own firearms, it does not protect my right to own or operate a vehicle.

5 a day? That is 1825 out of how many MILLION? And less then 1000 die a year? You want statistics? Someone provided you the difference between being shot accidentally and being hit by Lightning..... or did you miss that?

15500 out of 300 million guns is what? .00005% chance of occurring? Ya we should take all guns away on that statistic.

I'm sick of the gun nuts stepping over the bodies of children to push their sick and senseless agenda.

The only thing they are doing is getting 'sick' of pablum puking libtards pushing their agenda.

What's even sicker than the complete disregard gun nuts have for dead children is that they want criminals and the mentally ill to have access to large magazines and totally automatic guns.

I have guns, have always had guns and belonged to the NRA for much of my life. Not anymore though because I can't stand the sickos that have taken over. The one's who actually seem to believe that cars and doctors are the same as guns.

Fact is, other countries have guns. Canada, for example. I've read that they have more guns, per capita, than we do. But, Canada doesn't shoot their children and then make excuses. They don't play the mind numbingly stupid game of "cars kill children too so we should just ban cars".

A child is dead and all you fools can do is (step over his body to) whine about liberals.

More rifles, less pistols in Canada. Pistols kill far more people. I can go downtown and illegally buy a cute little .22 for like, thirty bucks.

Now give me the statistics on kids accidently killed by car accidents, by poison, by falls, by drowning, or by choking. The list of what causes accidental deaths among kids is topped by traffic accidents, drowing, burns, choking, falls and poisoning, yet I never hear the leftist a-holes whine about banning cars, banning objects small enough to fit in a kids mouth or solid foods for kids under 18, or banning anything that is toxic, or madatory hockey like padding for all kids along with building nothing over 3" high, or banning pools, streams, lakes, etc., yet always with the ban guns whining. Here's a fact. With over 280,000,000 legally owned firearms in this nation, 680 accidental deaths, though a tragedy, which could be lowered by proper education and training in grade school by the way, is statistically a non-issue.

More rifles, less pistols in Canada. Pistols kill far more people. I can go downtown and illegally buy a cute little .22 for like, thirty bucks.

Good point. They have rifles for hunting. We have handguns cuz we're scared.

Its still stupid to compare guns to cars or doctors or apple cores and shoelaces or whatever the current brainless excuse is.

Now give me the statistics on kids accidently killed by car accidents, by poison, by falls, by drowning, or by choking. The list of what causes accidental deaths among kids is topped by traffic accidents, drowing, burns, choking, falls and poisoning, yet I never hear the leftist a-holes whine about banning cars, banning objects small enough to fit in a kids mouth or solid foods for kids under 18, or banning anything that is toxic, or madatory hockey like padding for all kids along with building nothing over 3" high, or banning pools, streams, lakes, etc., yet always with the ban guns whining. Here's a fact. With over 280,000,000 legally owned firearms in this nation, 680 accidental deaths, though a tragedy, which could be lowered by proper education and training in grade school by the way, is statistically a non-issue.

Yeah.............sure....................tell the families and friends of the kids that were killed that its "statistically a non-issue".

Yeah.............sure....................tell the families and friends of the kids that were killed that its "statistically a non-issue".

More kids are killed by auto accidents and fires, so when you start talking about banning cars and fire, get back to me, otherwise, you're just one more liberal scrote pissing in the wind.

Well, the government did make back up cameras mandatory on all vehicles, and back over deaths had what, seventy goddamn deaths a year?

they want criminals and the mentally ill to have access to large magazines and totally automatic guns.
Can you tell me how many totally automatic guns. are in house holds? Can you also tell me the steps someone must take to get one of those totally automatic guns.?

I doubt you have a water gun in the house. much less any firearms.

You say 680 kids died accidently from a firearm that year. I say 279,999,320+/- a few firearms never accidently killed a child that year. So I stand by my statement, statistically it's a non-issue.

I don't have to, you see there are so few of them all I need do is remind the 100's of millions more that the statistic is so low as to be insignificant. And guess who wins with the legislature?

Further care to name the top 4 killers and accidental injury devices of kids? And then remind us in each one how you are actively trying to ban them. or the KIDS of course.

You don't like the second Amendment. You don't like people owning firearms? You are free to create a ew Amendment, get it past Congress and then get the majority in 37 States to agree with you. Failing that, we have nothing to discuss other then to fucking bad for you.

Ohh and if the rabid anti gun nuts had not removed classes on the safe handling of firearms from our schools we probably wouldn't have the few accidents we do have.

I am strongly pro-gun but I oppose anyone being permitted to own any kind of firearm without being certified as having satisfied a training and test requirement pertaining to each specific firearm owned.

Such a requirement would not restrict possession but it would substantially eliminate "accident" like this one. I'm sure this "accident" was just one more example of ignorantly mishandling an "unloaded" automatic.

If we are to believe your claptrap no one who has ever had military or police training has ever had a gun accidentally discharge in all of history.

Care to actually bet on that?
One example of why (as usual) you don't know what you're talking about would be the hypothetical individual who was a police officer for twenty years -- when the standard police firearm was the revolver. That individual, who was thoroughly trained on the firearms range with revolvers, might never have handled an automatic and probably will not be aware of their peculiarities. And accidents like the seven year-old boy is typical of what I'm talking about. If his father had been required to fully understand the nature of the pistol that killed his son that kid would still be alive.

Also, all automatic pistols are not mechanically identical. Some have different mechanical characteristics.

I am thoroughly familiar with the operation of the M-1 Garand, because that was the weapon I carried for four years in the Marine Corps during the mid-50s. But I've never even seen an M-16. So without specific training with the M-16 my "accident" potential with that weapon is signficantly enhanced.

If you wish to drive a car you must prove you know what you're doing. I think the same rule should apply to owning firearms.

But you disagree.

How is it a brainless excuse?

Handguns can be used for hunting. Mine is for pigs.

That's why the cars/doctors/whatever excuse is useless and brainless.

Death by car/doctor/whatever excuse is accidental and collateral.

Death by gun is what the gun was made for.

Guns have no other use or reason for being made except one - to take life.

Cars have a myriad of uses and reasons for being made. That they cause death is indeed accidental.

To say death by gun is accidental is disingenuous at best because that is the very reason they exist - to kill.

That's why the cars/doctors/whatever excuse is useless and brainless.

Death by car/doctor/whatever excuse is accidental and collateral.

Death by gun is what the gun was made for.

Guns have no other use or reason for being made except one - to take life.

Cars have a myriad of uses and reasons for being made. That they cause death is indeed accidental.

To say death by gun is accidental is disingenuous at best because that is the very reason they exist - to kill.

So you said earlier that you owned guns. Were you intending on killing people?

I am strongly pro-gun but I oppose anyone being permitted to own any kind of firearm without being certified as having satisfied a training and test requirement pertaining to each specific firearm owned.

Such a requirement would not restrict possession but it would substantially eliminate "accident" like this one. I'm sure this "accident" was just one more example of ignorantly mishandling an "unloaded" automatic.

If we are to believe your claptrap no one who has ever had military or police training has ever had a gun accidentally discharge in all of history.

Care to actually bet on that?
One example of why (as usual) you don't know what you're talking about would be the hypothetical individual who was a police officer for twenty years -- when the standard police firearm was the revolver. That individual, who was thoroughly trained on the firearms range with revolvers, might never have handled an automatic and probably will not be aware of their peculiarities. And accidents like the seven year-old boy is typical of what I'm talking about. If his father had been required to fully understand the nature of the pistol that killed his son that kid would still be alive.

Also, all automatic pistols are not mechanically identical. Some have different mechanical characteristics.

I am thoroughly familiar with the operation of the M-1 Garand, because that was the weapon I carried for four years in the Marine Corps during the mid-50s. But I've never even seen an M-16. So without specific training with the M-16 my "accident" potential with that weapon is signficantly enhanced.

If you wish to drive a car you must prove you know what you're doing. I think the same rule should apply to owning firearms.

But you disagree.

In the 40's and 50's firearm safety was taught in elementary School. Now we have no training except to get a concealed carry permit. Who's fault is that? The anti gun nuts. What few accidents we do have would be even less if they had not driven the training out of schools.

Forum List

Back