Police: 7-year-old fatally shot by father outside gun store in Pennsylvania

I am strongly pro-gun but I oppose anyone being permitted to own any kind of firearm without being certified as having satisfied a training and test requirement pertaining to each specific firearm owned.

Such a requirement would not restrict possession but it would substantially eliminate "accident" like this one. I'm sure this "accident" was just one more example of ignorantly mishandling an "unloaded" automatic.

Less then 1000 people a year die from accidental discharge of a firearm. But then you don't care about that fact do you? Hell there are 40 to 50 thousand a year killed in car accidents, lets ban private ownership of cars. FOR the children of course.

It is amazing and very offensive that anyone could say this child's death isn't important because its rare.

And, it's not rare.

I'm sick of the gun nuts stepping over the bodies of children to push their sick and senseless agenda.

If this was your child, would you still be hawking guns for the NRA? Sure, you'll say you would but if that's true, what does that say about you?

I am strongly pro-gun but I oppose anyone being permitted to own any kind of firearm without being certified as having satisfied a training and test requirement pertaining to each specific firearm owned.

Such a requirement would not restrict possession but it would substantially eliminate "accident" like this one. I'm sure this "accident" was just one more example of ignorantly mishandling an "unloaded" automatic.

If we are to believe your claptrap no one who has ever had military or police training has ever had a gun accidentally discharge in all of history.

Care to actually bet on that?

As a lifelong gun owner, here is the problem as I see it. We have all these wingnuts putting guns on a pedestal, stating things to the effect that if you don't carry you are a cowardly weenie. Yet we also have a large population that has never handled guns, or are mentally not capable of handling them safely. So, we have tragedies like this.

No one should be allowed to handle a gun without having first taken a firearms safety course. And if someone mishandles a gun, it should be one strike and you are out. There is no excuse for handling a gun as that father did
You cannot start off with "As a lifelong gun owner, here is the problem as I see it." and finish up with that other garbage. You're not a life long gun owner.

I can say whatever I like. And my first gun was a Marlin 32-40. The gun I have used for big game most of my life is a 250-3000 Savage, Model 99E. Everybody on both sides of my family hunted from the time they were children. As a source of food, not sport.

You seem to think nobody but you has any experiance with guns, and that no liberal uses them at all. Two uncles knew far more about guns than you ever will. One fought across North Africa and halfway up the boot of Italy in the Army. The other was a Marine that fought the whole campaign of Okinawa. Were you to mishandle a gun in the presence of either, you would get your ears knocked down, no matter what age you were.

You seem to think that a gun, or guns, is your security blanket. Americans have owned guns from the git-go. And the ones with the gold have owned bigger ones. From Blair Mountain to Ludlow.

Yet another innocent life lost to an accidental shooting....................

Updated at 4:40 p.m. ET: A 7-year-old boy was fatally shot in the chest Saturday outside a gun shop in western Pennsylvania, according to Mercer County dispatchers.

The boy’s father had gone in to Twig’s Reloading Den in East Lackawannock Township some time before 11 a.m. to sell a .9 mm gun, according to KDKA-TV Pittsburgh. The father said that as he was backing his pickup truck out of the parking spot, a gun went off, shooting his son in the chest.

Store owner Leonard Mohney told NBC Philadelphia that the boy was shot in the gun shop's parking lot.

The boy was seated in a booster seat on the passenger side. Authorities were called at 10:53 a.m. local time and found the boy lying next to the truck after a failed attempt at resuscitation. They stayed on scene until after 1 p.m., dispatchers said.

Twig’s Reloading Den is an outdoor supply store about 70 miles from Pittsburgh.

Imy Howard, owner of Howard & Son Meat Packing store next door, told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette that her son heard a shot this morning. She said that Twig’s Reloading Den hosted target shooting in the back parking lot last week but not this week.

A Twig’s employee told the Post-Gazette that the incident was “just an unfortunate accident.”

7-year-old fatally shot by father outside gun store in Pennsylvania - U.S. News

The price we pay for freedom.

If we are to believe your claptrap no one who has ever had military or police training has ever had a gun accidentally discharge in all of history.

Care to bet that when that happened they were handling the gun in a manner contrary to their training.

As a lifelong gun owner, here is the problem as I see it. We have all these wingnuts putting guns on a pedestal, stating things to the effect that if you don't carry you are a cowardly weenie. Yet we also have a large population that has never handled guns, or are mentally not capable of handling them safely. So, we have tragedies like this.

No one should be allowed to handle a gun without having first taken a firearms safety course. And if someone mishandles a gun, it should be one strike and you are out. There is no excuse for handling a gun as that father did
You cannot start off with "As a lifelong gun owner, here is the problem as I see it." and finish up with that other garbage. You're not a life long gun owner.

I can say whatever I like. And my first gun was a Marlin 32-40. The gun I have used for big game most of my life is a 250-3000 Savage, Model 99E. Everybody on both sides of my family hunted from the time they were children. As a source of food, not sport.

You seem to think nobody but you has any experiance with guns, and that no liberal uses them at all. Two uncles knew far more about guns than you ever will. One fought across North Africa and halfway up the boot of Italy in the Army. The other was a Marine that fought the whole campaign of Okinawa. Were you to mishandle a gun in the presence of either, you would get your ears knocked down, no matter what age you were.

You seem to think that a gun, or guns, is your security blanket. Americans have owned guns from the git-go. And the ones with the gold have owned bigger ones. From Blair Mountain to Ludlow.

One of your uncles serve under Patton?

Care to bet that when that happened they were handling the gun in a manner contrary to their training.

I think that was the fracking point, moron.

Less then 1000 people a year die from accidental discharge of a firearm. But then you don't care about that fact do you? Hell there are 40 to 50 thousand a year killed in car accidents, lets ban private ownership of cars. FOR the children of course.

It is amazing and very offensive that anyone could say this child's death isn't important because its rare.

And, it's not rare.

I'm sick of the gun nuts stepping over the bodies of children to push their sick and senseless agenda.

If this was your child, would you still be hawking guns for the NRA? Sure, you'll say you would but if that's true, what does that say about you?

why dont you just say it Dudley instead of whining.....its the "rw's" fault....

Another failed argument of someone who claims to be a life long gun owner, All irrelevant shit.

Freaking idiot.
RULE #1 EVERY GUN IS ALWAYS LOADED.
RULE #2 See rule #1, KEEP YOUR FREAKING FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER.

No one should be allowed to handle a gun without having first taken a firearms safety course. And if someone mishandles a gun, it should be one strike and you are out. There is no excuse for handling a gun as that father did.

In your private Utopia, that would probably work out well. In the Real World, no. We are a Nation of Laws. Consent is required to impose imposition on others. Should our Gun Laws be well reasoned? Yes, without doubt. Do the same circumstances apply everywhere in spite of reason? No. Deal with it.

In 2008 there were 680 accidental shooting deaths in the United States, with more than 15,500 shooting injuries. Most disturbing, perhaps, is the number of children involved in accidental shootings. Every day approximately five children are injured or killed on a nationwide basis as a result of handguns.

Accidental Shooting | TheSurvivorsClub.org

The only thing they are doing is getting 'sick' of pablum puking libtards pushing their agenda.

What's even sicker than the complete disregard gun nuts have for dead children is that they want criminals and the mentally ill to have access to large magazines and totally automatic guns.

I have guns, have always had guns and belonged to the NRA for much of my life. Not anymore though because I can't stand the sickos that have taken over. The one's who actually seem to believe that cars and doctors are the same as guns.

IOW, they''re not just sick. They're down right stupid.

Fact is, other countries have guns. Canada, for example. I've read that they have more guns, per capita, than we do. But, Canada doesn't shoot their children and then make excuses. They don't play the mind numbingly stupid game of "cars kill children too so we should just ban cars".

Nope, only the US has idiots who are THAT brain dead.

And, many of them post on this board.

A child is dead and all you fools can do is (step over his body to) whine about liberals.

In 2008 there were 680 accidental shooting deaths in the United States, with more than 15,500 shooting injuries. Most disturbing, perhaps, is the number of children involved in accidental shootings. Every day approximately five children are injured or killed on a nationwide basis as a result of handguns.

Accidental Shooting | TheSurvivorsClub.org

The focus here is on gun locks and safe storage.

Freaking idiot.
RULE #1 EVERY GUN IS ALWAYS LOADED.
RULE #2 See rule #1, KEEP YOUR FREAKING FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER.

Who is that shocking disturbingly ugly person on your avitar?

Forum List

Back