Poldark:

MikeK

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2010
Brick, New Jersey
After Lark Rise To Candleford, Downton Abbey, and Mr. Selfridge, the new PBS Masterpiece production, Poldark, is a totally cliched, pedestrian, wholly predictable, poorly crafted, utterly boring disappointment. In fact this opening episode was so bad I tuned away after about 35 minutes. I just couldn't take anymore. It is like an afternoon soap opera with a very annoying musical score.

Sunday night once was a treasury of excellent series. Now there is absolutely nothing to look forward to.

Mike, I know that you're partial towards period drama, but have you considered any of the productions coming out of Scandinavia lately under the label Scandi Noir?

Mike, I know that you're partial towards period drama, but have you considered any of the productions coming out of Scandinavia lately under the label Scandi Noir?
Swagger,

This is first I've heard of it. But I will look for it.

Thanks!

I couldn't find anything under Scandi Noir but I did find some info on Nordic Noir. I looked and I have no access to any channels that carry its content.

The disappointment is offset by the fact that I have no interest in totally fictional crime drama, which seems to dominate the tv entertainment lineups here and satisfies the authoritarian appetite. Well-crafted crime drama, such as Boardwalk Empire, is an exception because it is based on actual circumstances and real people. The Godfather and Godfather II is another superb fact-based fictional crime drama.

But I thank you sincerely for your suggestion. Some of the stills I saw look like they derive from quality productions.

i was hoping it would get better but it beats anything else on sunday night....

if you want something interesting and scarey watch the pbs doc on trans kids....

i was hoping it would get better but it beats anything else on sunday night....

if you want something interesting and scarey watch the pbs doc on trans kids....
Trans kids?

???

Thanks for the heads-up but I have no idea what to look for. Please fill that out a bit.

Forum List

Back