Polar Vortex to return!

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
46747C2D00000578-5094203-image-a-35_1510952444349.jpg

Millions set for 'an extended period of severe winter weather' that will keep temperatures in the North East below average for months

A new report from the National Science Foundation predicts an exceptionally cold winter with the return of the Polar Vortex

The Polar Vortex is a massive area of cold air high up in the atmosphere that normally hovers over the poles

The combination of wet and cold could result in above normal snow season for parts of the northern U.S.

Temperatures averaging nearly 2 degrees below normal are expected in the Great Lakes areas for December, January and February

Want to remember where this is so we can see if it actually turns out as predicted?

Read more: Return of the Polar Vortex to bring a frigid winter | Daily Mail Online

Bring it on. I'm skinning that wooly mammoth I killed earlier today.

August-6-alley-oop-stamp-AOGHS-300x234.jpg

46747C2D00000578-5094203-image-a-35_1510952444349.jpg

Millions set for 'an extended period of severe winter weather' that will keep temperatures in the North East below average for months

A new report from the National Science Foundation predicts an exceptionally cold winter with the return of the Polar Vortex

The Polar Vortex is a massive area of cold air high up in the atmosphere that normally hovers over the poles

The combination of wet and cold could result in above normal snow season for parts of the northern U.S.

Temperatures averaging nearly 2 degrees below normal are expected in the Great Lakes areas for December, January and February

Want to remember where this is so we can see if it actually turns out as predicted?

Read more: Return of the Polar Vortex to bring a frigid winter | Daily Mail Online
Well that would be due to a La Niña flow pattern.. that is now well established..

Winter Predicton.JPG

Oh, good. I like it when it snows. It's purty. And it's good for hot chocolate. My dogs always like it, too.

vrWxQtt.jpg

jdu8oni.jpg

QFDjIyO.jpg

PxZfAs0.jpg

QcHberg.jpg

Lu5iXuE.jpg

Forum List

Back