Pointedly leftist books

freeandfun1

VIP Member
Feb 14, 2004
Why is it all the books prominently on display at any book store or even Costco are anti-Bush, anti-Conervative, etc.

I just came from Costco and I wanted to buy a book. They were all books agains the conservative movemnt in America. It was sickening. There was not one pro-conservative or pro-Bush book in the entire lot. I guess the only good thing for me to keep in mind about that is that Costco generally only buys books for sale in their stores that have been printed in excess. You know, "surplus" stock.

However, I have recently been to Borders, Barnes and Noble, etc. and they are all the same. Trying to find a book by David Horowitz or any other "conservative" writer is almost impossible. A matter of fact, Horowitz has even openly said that the mainstream publishing houses have REFUSED to print his books.

Damn, and the left is pissed cuz Disney won't distribute Moore's baseless documentary. What a double standard!

Has anybody else notice that the mainstream publishers seem to be primarily only printing leftist, liberal books?

A quote from Steve Ross, head of Random House’s Crown Publishing Group
"Ann [Coulter] and I began talking while I was working with her on 'Slander,' which posits the existence of a liberal slant so organic to so many of our American institutions that we don't even recognize it as such. In working with her and thinking about the meticulous way she made her case, I came to recognize that what she was saying is fundamentally true with regard to book publishing.

"Most, if not all, of my peers are very liberal. I have come to believe that most trade publishers see it as their job to publish books for people of similar inclination. The result is an enormous disparity between the number of liberal and conservative books published. Most mainstream houses don't publish any conservative titles at all."

Yeah ive noticed that at all the stores, and then i thought well maybe the reason there are only anti bush books there is cause the pro bush books fly off the shelves so fast they cant keep em stocked and no one wants to by the liberal books.

Originally posted by Avatar4321
Yeah ive noticed that at all the stores, and then i thought well maybe the reason there are only anti bush books there is cause the pro bush books fly off the shelves so fast they cant keep em stocked and no one wants to by the liberal books.

LOL! I'd love to imagine that, but the numbers show that trashy Liberal Bush bashing sells better than only marginally more sensible Liberal bashing.

The sad truth is, most everyone with common sense, and a level headed approach won't need to buy a book to activate their political spidey sense.

Most independent thinkers can't possibly manage to slog through a diatribe from Micheal Moore, Sean Hannity, Ann Coulter, Molly Ivans, etc., without feeling ill from the bias. Honestly, I'VE TRIED. And it's really friggin tiring trying to filter what is solely politically biased from what is a valid point.

The greatest minds do not feed off of polemic diatribes. They realize they can either honestly blog in complete anonymity and without compensation, or they can try and twist the hell out of the facts to appeal to some dumbnut with a little cash and a long flight, and get rich and famous.

There are no rich, famous moderates, lol.

Originally posted by Comrade
LOL! I'd love to imagine that, but the numbers show that trashy Liberal Bush bashing sells better than only marginally more sensible Liberal bashing.

The sad truth is, most everyone with common sense, and a level headed approach won't need to buy a book to activate their political spidey sense.

Most independent thinkers can't possibly manage to slog through a diatribe from Micheal Moore, Sean Hannity, Ann Coulter, Molly Ivans, etc., without feeling ill from the bias. Honestly, I'VE TRIED. And it's really friggin tiring trying to filter what is solely politically biased from what is a valid point.

The greatest minds do not feed off of polemic diatribes. They realize they can either honestly blog in complete anonymity and without compensation, or they can try and twist the hell out of the facts to appeal to some dumbnut with a little cash and a long flight, and get rich and famous.

There are no rich, famous moderates, lol.

Truer words were rarely spoken, Comrade. Spot on.

I know what you're talking about with the liberals flooding the shelves with their trash.

Whenever I walk past a stand of liberal books, and I started this when Hitlery's book came out, I turn them around and face them to the rear...... like they should be.

I agree. But David Horowitz, who is conservative but was once a real lefty, writes books about politics. Not the diatribes that folks like Ann, Sean and Michael Savage write. His books delve more into the philosophies, etc. of the parties and he can't get his books published. That was my main point. I read Michael Savage's book and it was too difficult to finish because it was so one sided. But Horowitz's books are different.

Anyway, it was more an observation (but I can't wait to get Morris' book. I understand it exposes a lot).

later

Originally posted by Pale Rider
I know what you're talking about with the liberals flooding the shelves with their trash.

Whenever I walk past a stand of liberal books, and I started this when Hitlery's book came out, I turn them around and face them to the rear...... like they should be.

There is a bookstore on Pike near Pike Place Market, Seattle, called "Left Bank Books".

The window display indicates the financial viability today of titles concerning "Mumia" and "Che Guevara", appealing to tourist traffic from Canada, Oregon, and California.

In contrast between the unbroken, almost sacred, ancient windows which bless this display, are the multitudes of storefronts which had to take out millions of dollars to rebuild their businesses after the WTO riots.

If you happen by this store, take care not to meddle with the display as an immediately call to authorities would lead to ones quick arrest.

A careless rock of protest against this hollowed ground is most certainly guaranteed to create endless screed against the censoring forces of the fascist right.

And while the respect for our city has kept even the most hard core reactionary from taking upon themselves retribution against those who market revolutionary anarchy, the business owners of the corporate culture still struggle to repay the damage wrought against their own livelihood by the purveyors of this literature.

If you happen by this store, take care not to meddle with the display as an immediately call to authorities would lead to ones quick arrest.

You mean to tell me that, in the middle of that airy oration, that there is a LAW against "moving books" in Seattle?

You have to realize also, that many businesses and political groups buy truckloads of these books before they ever go anywhere so their masses can be brainwashed further. It also skews the sales numbers and causes MORE of an uproar because so many were distributed so quickly.

Pretty soon, normal gullible folk will buy the propaganda just to see what all the hype was, and they end up believing a bit of it.

Originally posted by NewGuy
You have to realize also, that many businesses and political groups buy truckloads of these books before they ever go anywhere so their masses can be brainwashed further. It also skews the sales numbers and causes MORE of an uproar because so many were distributed so quickly.

Pretty soon, normal gullible folk will buy the propaganda just to see what all the hype was, and they end up believing a bit of it.

Those sales count. Conservative books are full of motivational thoughts. Liberal books are full of lies, revisionism and america bashing. Who wants to read that?

Originally posted by rtwngAvngr
Conservative books are full of motivational thoughts. Liberal books are full of lies, revisionism and america bashing. Who wants to read that?

what motivational thoughts does coulter foster within her supposed literature? :rolleyes:

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
what motivational thoughts does coulter foster within her supposed literature? :rolleyes:

The motivating thought that Mcarthy was more right than anyone on the left will admit. That motivates me to expose the lies of the left, like my hero, Ann Coulter.

Originally posted by rtwngAvngr
The motivating thought that Mcarthy was more right than anyone on the left will admit. That motivates me to expose the lies of the left, like my hero, Ann Coulter.

when people can idolize bitterness and anger, it smacks of something seriously wrong with the world. :(

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
when people can idolize bitterness and anger, it smacks of something seriously wrong with the world. :(

Dude. She's a genius, and she's hot. You need to get over your "having fixed positions is close minded" phase. It's getting old. Plus, it's beneath you.

Marry me, Ann! If you're reading this, Ann, please respond, either way!

Forum List

Back