Pointedly leftist books

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by freeandfun1, May 23, 2004.

1. freeandfun1

freeandfun1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +296
    Why is it all the books prominently on display at any book store or even Costco are anti-Bush, anti-Conervative, etc.

I just came from Costco and I wanted to buy a book. They were all books agains the conservative movemnt in America. It was sickening. There was not one pro-conservative or pro-Bush book in the entire lot. I guess the only good thing for me to keep in mind about that is that Costco generally only buys books for sale in their stores that have been printed in excess. You know, "surplus" stock.

However, I have recently been to Borders, Barnes and Noble, etc. and they are all the same. Trying to find a book by David Horowitz or any other "conservative" writer is almost impossible. A matter of fact, Horowitz has even openly said that the mainstream publishing houses have REFUSED to print his books.

Damn, and the left is pissed cuz Disney won't distribute Moore's baseless documentary. What a double standard!

Has anybody else notice that the mainstream publishers seem to be primarily only printing leftist, liberal books?

2. Zhukov

Zhukov VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +301

3. freeandfun1

freeandfun1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +296
    A quote from Steve Ross, head of Random House’s Crown Publishing Group

4. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,149
    Yeah ive noticed that at all the stores, and then i thought well maybe the reason there are only anti bush books there is cause the pro bush books fly off the shelves so fast they cant keep em stocked and no one wants to by the liberal books.

5. Comrade

Comrade Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +167

LOL! I'd love to imagine that, but the numbers show that trashy Liberal Bush bashing sells better than only marginally more sensible Liberal bashing.

The sad truth is, most everyone with common sense, and a level headed approach won't need to buy a book to activate their political spidey sense.

Most independent thinkers can't possibly manage to slog through a diatribe from Micheal Moore, Sean Hannity, Ann Coulter, Molly Ivans, etc., without feeling ill from the bias. Honestly, I'VE TRIED. And it's really friggin tiring trying to filter what is solely politically biased from what is a valid point.

The greatest minds do not feed off of polemic diatribes. They realize they can either honestly blog in complete anonymity and without compensation, or they can try and twist the hell out of the facts to appeal to some dumbnut with a little cash and a long flight, and get rich and famous.

There are no rich, famous moderates, lol.

6. Isaac Brock

Isaac Brock Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +44
    Truer words were rarely spoken, Comrade. Spot on.

7. 007

007 Charter Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,801
    I know what you're talking about with the liberals flooding the shelves with their trash.

Whenever I walk past a stand of liberal books, and I started this when Hitlery's book came out, I turn them around and face them to the rear...... like they should be.

8. freeandfun1

freeandfun1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +296
    I agree. But David Horowitz, who is conservative but was once a real lefty, writes books about politics. Not the diatribes that folks like Ann, Sean and Michael Savage write. His books delve more into the philosophies, etc. of the parties and he can't get his books published. That was my main point. I read Michael Savage's book and it was too difficult to finish because it was so one sided. But Horowitz's books are different.

Anyway, it was more an observation (but I can't wait to get Morris' book. I understand it exposes a lot).

later

9. Comrade

Comrade Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +167
    There is a bookstore on Pike near Pike Place Market, Seattle, called "Left Bank Books".

The window display indicates the financial viability today of titles concerning "Mumia" and "Che Guevara", appealing to tourist traffic from Canada, Oregon, and California.

In contrast between the unbroken, almost sacred, ancient windows which bless this display, are the multitudes of storefronts which had to take out millions of dollars to rebuild their businesses after the WTO riots.

If you happen by this store, take care not to meddle with the display as an immediately call to authorities would lead to ones quick arrest.

A careless rock of protest against this hollowed ground is most certainly guaranteed to create endless screed against the censoring forces of the fascist right.

And while the respect for our city has kept even the most hard core reactionary from taking upon themselves retribution against those who market revolutionary anarchy, the business owners of the corporate culture still struggle to repay the damage wrought against their own livelihood by the purveyors of this literature.

10. freeandfun1

freeandfun1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +296
    Such an eloquent user of the keyboard you are!