Please stop attacking Canada. Remember, we are a "democracy with Canadian characteristics"....

If he occupied it for two weeks, you might be right, but I would have thrown him a life preserver.
There is nothing complex or creative about parking a semi and locking the brakes. I have done it many times. Cut my teeth in the trade doing yard work swapping trailer all day. Then crosstown cartage. Then oversize width, oversize height flat bed loads on the interstate between plants for the same company. Been a transportation master, logistics manager, and fleet manager, military and civilian, predating my modern CDLs days, back to my first Special Chauffeurs License. I understand and like truckers. I admire the fact, these truckers have not been violent in their protest. That is far more admirable than the asshole protestors in this country, the last two years. It doesn't I would let them continue to use locked brakes to stop logistics of a country or multiple countries until they got their way. I guess it is like my attitude of people from our northern Eastern cities, often very fine people, but when they come with an attitude, they're a Yankee. When they come with an attitude planning to overstay their welcome, they're a Damn Yankee and time to go. Sorry if it offends you, but not much.
Not interested in your experience with trucks, no offense.
And this is not about trucks per se, anyway.

It's about civil disobedience in a nation run by a pampered petulant authoritarian asshole!

Not interested in your experience with trucks, no offense.
And this is not about trucks per se, anyway.

It's about civil disobedience in a nation run by a pampered petulant authoritarian asshole!
I have no problem with civil disobedience of truckers or anybody else. The truck is just a very large tool, not a protestor. I would not care if the cops moved the trucks and did not arrest the trucker. Ticketing on the spot while their truck is being moved would be fine with me, and the trucker would know where the truck was being taken and about how much he was going to pay in transport and parkings fees to get it back. Then he could stay and protest all day long as far as I'm concerned.

Forum List

Back