PLEASE HELP ME PASS MY RESEARCH PROJECT! :) Three questions about The American Dream

JessieJames

Rookie
May 6, 2014
Hello everyone!

I'm currently in the process of researching into "The American Dream" today and if the traditional concept of it has changed. I would so appreciate it if you can give me some feedback on the following questions!

1. Did the recession influence the traditional "American Dream" and why?
2. Do Americans/you still believe in the "American Dream" and why?
3. Do you think that the traditional "American Dream" changed after the recession and why?

Thanks in advance for helping me!

:smiliehug: Jessie

1)... yes it did. The recession highlighted the glaring fact that many in this country are living well beyone their means.... and that the American dream is somehow..... OWED to them. The "american dream" is no longer a "dream".... it is now something people feel owed to them.

2) yes, i believe in it. Work hard and pay your way in life to better your life and you children's lives.... THAT is the ameircan dream

3) see answer one. The new American Dream is having you life you want handed to you..... It is no longer the life you worked for. The new American Dream is now looked upon as an entitlement.

1)... Yes it did. The recession highlighted the glaring fact that many in this country are living well beyone their means.... And that the american dream is somehow..... Owed to them. The "american dream" is no longer a "dream".... It is now something people feel owed to them.

2) yes, i believe in it. Work hard and pay your way in life to better your life and you children's lives.... That is the ameircan dream

3) see answer one. The new american dream is having you life you want handed to you..... It is no longer the life you worked for. The new american dream is now looked upon as an entitlement.

ditto!

1. Did the recession influence the traditional "American Dream" and why?
For some yes. These people do not understand that everything is a cycle.

2. Do Americans/you still believe in the "American Dream" and why?
Some do some dont. Those that understand the game still believe. Those that dont understand the game have lost hope.

3. Do you think that the traditional "American Dream" changed after the recession and why?
For some people the answer would be temporarily. The knowledge on how to recognize new opportunities is not taught in schools.

1) Yes. Many from the middle class found all that they thought they had amassed could be maintained. Not when Wall Street and Banks took the wealth and left the middle class holding the bag, it couldn't.

2) It still exists in the hopes of all those aspiring to come here for a better life. Millions upon millions still dream. I believe that if I don't expect wealth but just strive to be happy, that is guaranteed. And in this nation, that pursuit is more possible than in almost anywhere else, excepting those Canuckistanis in Canada.

3) Of course it did. The middle class was carved out almost completely by Wall.Street and Bankers. The old American Dream is not possible. A new one will take its place sooner or later.

Regards from Rosie

Thank you so much to those of you who answered, it really helps me a lot! :smiliehug:

Is there anyone else with viewpoints on this? I need a few more answers...:D

Forum List

Back