Please Direct Potential Voters To Free Photo ID

Which, of course, has nothing to do with poll taxes being Unconstitutional.

Weren't you just saying something to another poster about them thinking they made an intelligent point?

You are weapons grade level stupid, Dave.
How are your disenfranchised poor and elderly people dealing with government agencies without ID?

Frankly, I don't give a rats ass because doesn't pertain to the topic at hand. How people "deal" with anything other than voting has nothing to do with a fee for an ID that is required to do so.

Your post is a red herring.
Horseshit. Any ID good enough to get benefits from the government with is good enough to vote with.

Voter ID laws are common sense - CNN
Unsurprisingly, 69% of 1,000 likely voters, according to a recent Rasmussen poll, believe voters should be required to show photo identification before being allowed to vote.

But Democrats in Washington disagree.

Great.

I am also in favor of requiring an ID to vote.

However, I will only support it if it is a national ID that is issued free of charge.

Policies like it being free only if you ask for one or having to get it at the RMV are ways to keep people from obtaining the ID.

Issue it and I don't care if you have to send government workers into neighborhoods with forms and a camera to get every last eligible American their voter ID.
Yes, because it being free only if you ask for it is just tooo haaaaard!

What a whiner.

How are your disenfranchised poor and elderly people dealing with government agencies without ID?

Frankly, I don't give a rats ass because doesn't pertain to the topic at hand. How people "deal" with anything other than voting has nothing to do with a fee for an ID that is required to do so.

Horseshit. Any ID good enough to get benefits from the government with is good enough to vote with.

You can continue with that red herring all day long, Dave. You will always be just as wrong as you were the first time you said it.

You can continue with that red herring all day long, Dave. You will always be just as wrong as you were the first time you said.

Prove it then.

Weve seen the lists from some states on ID they accept. Making you stupid as always.

You can continue with that red herring all day long, Dave. You will always be just as wrong as you were the first time you said.

Prove it then.

Weve seen the lists from some states on ID they accept. Making you stupid as always.

I don't have to prove anything. My point that a fee for an ID that is required to vote is a poll tax is an irrefutable fact which is why any state with a voter ID requirement has a way to get said ID for free. Discussion, end of.

Okay, Campbell...

This is Saddam Hussein. Who started two wars, murdered 2 million people and sponsored terrorism around the world.

220px-Iraq,_Saddam_Hussein_(222).jpg

This is a baby seal...

fluffy-baby-seal.jpg

Please stop treating Saddam like he's a clubbed baby seal.

You need to get your schit together. If our asses had been at home instead of trying to manage the affairs in the middle east none of this bullschit would have ever happened. We've been in the middle east ever since we began to need foreign oil and I was a kid then...I'm 77.

The only thing Saddam Hussein ever did to the United States was to try an assassination of George Herbert Walker Bush. Good ol' Texas justice cost America over 4400 of it's young citi ens and another 32,000 seriously wounded. 'Course there's no doubt that the old man Bush is worth every bit of that.

Powell-anthrax-vial.jpg

Last edited:
Have you been a direct-question-ducking-coward for all of your imaginary 77 years, shitstain?

Where did you get your stats....FAUX NEWS

Give me a link where I can verify your assertions or S T F U

As far as the Obama debt...........when he took office the annual interest on Reagan and the Bushes debt was $450,000,000,000. That means during his three years $1,350,000,000,000 of new debt has been attributed to the already existing mess created by Reagan and the Bushes. You ain't really too smart are you

budget-create-deficits-6004.jpg

When viewing the numbers like that, a question begs to be asked: If the Obama "inherited" his record-breaking debt from Bush, why doesn't the left admit that Clinton inherited his debt levels from the other Bush?

Hadn't thought of that.

Is being Dead covered under the Americans with Disabilities Act?

ZombieVoter.jpg

Ask George W. Bush. He was individually responsible for the deaths of more than 4400 young Americans, the serious wounding of more than 32,000 more and the conservative estimate of dead innocent Iraqis is 150,000. More than 2,000,000 fled to Syria and Jordon when the suicide bombings began. 'Course Bush doesn't have to worry about it because god told him it was alright to jump on their arses.

Iraq was a war of choice and totally unneccesary. If George W. Bush had been able to let the fact that Hussein tried to kill his daddy in 1993 go...there would have been no war.

The U.N. had satellite pictures as proof that he had weapons of mass destruction;

UN inspectors: Saddam shipped out WMD before war and after

SPECIAL TO WORLD TRIBUNE.COM
Friday, June 11, 2004

The United Nations has determined that Saddam Hussein shipped weapons of mass destruction components as well as medium-range ballistic missiles before, during and after the U.S.-led war against Iraq in 2003.

The UN Monitoring, Verification and Inspection Commission briefed the Security Council on new findings that could help trace the whereabouts of Saddam's missile and WMD program.

The briefing contained satellite photographs that demonstrated the speed with which Saddam dismantled his missile and WMD sites before and during the war. Council members were shown photographs of a ballistic missile site outside Baghdad in May 2003, and then saw a satellite image of the same location in February 2004, in which facilities had disappeared.

UNMOVIC acting executive chairman Demetrius Perricos told the council on June 9 that "the only controls at the borders are for the weight of the scrap metal, and to check whether there are any explosive or radioactive materials within the scrap," Middle East Newsline reported.

"It's being exported," Perricos said after the briefing. "It's being traded out. And there is a large variety of scrap metal from very new to very old, and slowly, it seems the country is depleted of metal."

"The removal of these materials from Iraq raises concerns with regard to proliferation risks," Perricos told the council. Perricos also reported that inspectors found Iraqi WMD and missile components shipped abroad that still contained UN inspection tags.

He said the Iraqi facilities were dismantled and sent both to Europe and around the Middle East. at the rate of about 1,000 tons of metal a month. Destionations included Jordan, the Netherlands and Turkey.

The Baghdad missile site contained a range of WMD and dual-use components, UN officials said. They included missile components, reactor vessel and fermenters – the latter required for the production of chemical and biological warheads.

"It raises the question of what happened to the dual-use equipment, where is it now and what is it being used for," Ewen Buchanan, Perricos's spokesman, said. "You can make all kinds of pharmaceutical and medicinal products with a fermenter. You can also use it to breed anthrax."

The UNMOVIC report said Iraqi missiles were dismantled and exported to such countries as Jordan, the Netherlands and Turkey. In the Dutch city of Rotterdam, an SA-2 surface-to-air missile, one of at least 12, was discovered in a junk yard, replete with UN tags. In Jordan, UN inspectors found 20 SA-2 engines as well as components for solid-fuel for missiles.

"The problem for us is that we don't know what may have passed through these yards and other yards elsewhere," Buchanan said. "We can't really assess the significance and don't know the full extent of activity that could be going on there or with others of Iraq's neighbors."

UN inspectors have assessed that the SA-2 and the short-range Al Samoud surface-to-surface missile were shipped abroad by agents of the Saddam regime. Buchanan said UNMOVIC plans to inspect other sites, including in Turkey.

In April, International Atomic Energy Agency director-general Mohammed El Baradei said material from Iraqi nuclear facilities were being smuggled out of the country.

Don't confuse 'em with facts, their minds are made up...of mush!

As far as the Obama debt...........when he took office the annual interest on Reagan and the Bushes debt was $450,000,000,000. That means during his three years $1,350,000,000,000 of new debt has been attributed to the already existing mess created by Reagan and the Bushes. You ain't really too smart are you

When viewing the numbers like that, a question begs to be asked: If the Obama "inherited" his record-breaking debt from Bush, why doesn't the left admit that Clinton inherited his debt levels from the other Bush?

that's different. it just is.

If you cannot do that anything else is a poor attempt by Republicans to require the equivalent of a poll tax. If it costs anything it should be outlawed. Poor people are entitled to cast a vote. During too much of our history elderly or poverty stricken people were denied a vote for various reasons.

Now that I can cosign. Just be prepared to show it when you vote. Else...why register at all?

The effective date of president Obama's first budget the interest on the Reagan-Bushes debt was $450,000,000,000. Each year since then the amount has increased. Please remove $1,350,000,000,000 from Obama's debt and add it to the Bushes.

Total U S Debt

09/30/2009 $11,909,829,003,511.75(80% Of All Debt Across 232 Years Borrowed By Reagan And Bushes)

09/30/2008 $10,024,724,896,912.49(Times Square Debt Clock Modified To Accomodate Tens of Trillions)

09/30/2007 $9,007,653,372,262.48
09/30/2006 $8,506,973,899,215.23
09/30/2005 $7,932,709,661,723.50
09/30/2004 $7,379,052,696,330.32

09/30/2003 $6,783,231,062,743.62(Second Bush Tax Cuts Enacted Using Reconciliation)

09/30/2002 $6,228,235,965,597.16

09/30/2001 $5,807,463,412,200.06(First Bush Tax Cuts Enacted Using Reconciliation)

09/30/2000 $5,674,178,209,886.86(Administration And Congress Arguing About How To Use Surplus)

09/30/1999 $5,656,270,901,615.43(First Surplus Generated...On Track To Pay Off Debt By 2012)

09/30/1998 $5,526,193,008,897.62
09/30/1997 $5,413,146,011,397.34
09/30/1996 $5,224,810,939,135.73
09/29/1995 $4,973,982,900,709.39
09/30/1994 $4,692,749,910,013.32

09/30/1993 $4,411,488,883,139.38(Debt Quadrupled By Reagan/Bush41)

09/30/1992 $4,064,620,655,521.66
09/30/1991 $3,665,303,351,697.03
09/28/1990 $3,233,313,451,777.25
09/29/1989 $2,857,430,960,187.32
09/30/1988 $2,602,337,712,041.16
09/30/1987 $2,350,276,890,953.00
09/30/1986 $2,125,302,616,658.42
09/30/1985 $1,823,103,000,000.00
09/30/1984 $1,572,266,000,000.00
09/30/1983 $1,377,210,000,000.00

09/30/1982 $1,142,034,000,000.00(Total Debt Passes $1 Trillion)

09/30/1981 $997,855,000,000.00

Which, of course, has nothing to do with poll taxes being Unconstitutional.

Weren't you just saying something to another poster about them thinking they made an intelligent point?

You are weapons grade level stupid, Dave.

No, it's not. If your poor were denied their public payout, their tax-payer-provided bennies, unless they coughed up a photo ID, you'd be damned sure they'd have one in no time flat. Of course, they are "poor" so they'd most likely be issued an ID "free" of charge by the government, but they'd get one pdq.

No, it's not. If your poor were denied their public payout, their tax-payer-provided bennies, unless they coughed up a photo ID, you'd be damned sure they'd have one in no time flat. Of course, they are "poor" so they'd most likely be issued an ID "free" of charge by the government, but they'd get one pdq.

And you're post is just as irrelevant to the point as Dave's.

Fee for an ID required to vote = poll tax, irrefutable fact

And yet you continue to argue, even when the States provide free ID.

Thank you for admitting I am correct.

Now, as I posted earlier, I support a voter ID requirement. However, I prefer that the ID is a national ID and is issued. So while I agree with the concept, I disagree with how it is being executed. That's all.

Now, as I posted earlier, I support a voter ID requirement. However, I prefer that the ID is a national ID and is issued. So while I agree with the concept, I disagree with how it is being executed. That's all.

OK, then this would be a fair question: How would you suggest this be accomplished in a way that would support all different geographical regions?

OK, then this would be a fair question: How would you suggest this be accomplished in a way that would support all different geographical regions?

I previously stated in the thread that if government workers have to go into neighborhoods with forms and a camera to get it done if need be, then so be it. Naturally, having as many people as possible get the ID at a predetermined location on their own would be ideal.

I previously stated in the thread that if government workers have to go into neighborhoods with forms and a camera to get it done if need be, then so be it. Naturally, having as many people as possible get the ID at a predetermined location on their own would be ideal.

The govt can certainly put enough people in the field for the census, that's true. I could not believe it when one of those bozos showed up at my place. I really do live rather remotely out of town.
Now here's a rub, if law enforcement officials are restrained from asking for identification when reasonable suspicion for doing so might reveal an individual's illegal status, how would you get around having your government ID issuing clerks requiring legal status be established?

The govt can certainly put enough people in the field for the census, that's true. I could not believe it when one of those bozos showed up at my place. I really do live rather remotely out of town.
Now here's a rub, if law enforcement officials are restrained from asking for identification when reasonable suspicion for doing so might reveal an individual's illegal status, how would you get around having your government ID issuing clerks requiring legal status be established?

Good question. Off the top of my head I don't have an answer but it's one of the details that would need to be hashed out. There's potential there to address immigration reform at the same time if such a program is implemented though.

Good question. Off the top of my head I don't have an answer but it's one of the details that would need to be hashed out. There's potential there to address immigration reform at the same time if such a program is implemented though.

Why not use the census statistics to establish some ground rules? They just finished putting those stats together last year, so the information is fresh. Theoretically, the census established information that would allow some determination of who should, or should not, be approached for issuance of said identification.

Forum List

Back