Please Direct Potential Voters To Free Photo ID

The govt can certainly put enough people in the field for the census, that's true. I could not believe it when one of those bozos showed up at my place. I really do live rather remotely out of town.
Now here's a rub, if law enforcement officials are restrained from asking for identification when reasonable suspicion for doing so might reveal an individual's illegal status, how would you get around having your government ID issuing clerks requiring legal status be established?

Good question. Off the top of my head I don't have an answer but it's one of the details that would need to be hashed out. There's potential there to address immigration reform at the same time if such a program is implemented though.

Why not use the census statistics to establish some ground rules? They just finished putting those stats together last year, so the information is fresh. Theoretically, the census established information that would allow some determination of who should, or should not, be approached for issuance of said identification.

It's as good a starting point as any.

And you're post is just as irrelevant to the point as Dave's.

Fee for an ID required to vote = poll tax, irrefutable fact

And yet you continue to argue, even when the States provide free ID.

Thank you for admitting I am correct.

Now, as I posted earlier, I support a voter ID requirement. However, I prefer that the ID is a national ID and is issued. So while I agree with the concept, I disagree with how it is being executed. That's all.
Absolutely no need for a national ID. State-issued would work fine.

In Indiana you can get free ID at any license branch.

From IN Secretary of State: "Obtaining a Photo ID

If you do not possess an ID that is acceptable for voting purposes, Public Law 109-2005 requires the BMV to issue an Indiana State ID Card for free.

To obtain a free ID card for voting purposes from any BMV license branch"

link: Secretary of State : Election Division: Obtaining a Photo ID
"But that's tooooo haaaaaaard!!"

/USMB leftist

There are some seriously poor folks out there who cant get to places to get those id's. That is the point by both parties really.

So let me see if I've got this straight...they can't get to a place to get a free ID...but they can get to a place to vote? Funny how that works...

You choose to continue your strawman fail.

OK, so since the people who would be disenfranchised are native Americans under your photo ID scheme then you are a self-defined racist. Not that there's anything wrong with that but I must ask where you born into a racist family or discover that in yourself during your indoctrination?

There are some seriously poor folks out there who cant get to places to get those id's. That is the point by both parties really.

So let me see if I've got this straight...they can't get to a place to get a free ID...but they can get to a place to vote? Funny how that works...

ACORN and other libtards will give you a ride to any and all polling places of your choice, or theirs. Requiring photo ID would make their motto "vote early, vote often" somewhat a non sequitur.

You choose to continue your strawman fail.

OK, so since the people who would be disenfranchised are native Americans under your photo ID scheme then you are a self-defined racist. Not that there's anything wrong with that but I must ask where you born into a racist family or discover that in yourself during your indoctrination?
Native Americans can't get photo ID? What -- are they like vampires? Don't show up on film?

Forum List

Back