Playstation 4 exclusives getting poor to average reviews

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
Knack is getting hammered with low scores & Killzone is averaging 7's & 8's.

Sony had a huge advantage after Microsofts disastrous reveal but with exclusives so underwhelming MS could gain some ground if their 3 launch exclusives roll out with strong scores. And of course titanfall is only a few months away.

• Banned
PS4'S are crashing and bricking up. Speculation is that it's either the 1.5 firmware update or possible issues with the hard drive.

And Republicans want to use private industry as THE example. Hilarious. My favorite is when airlines decided to honor the free tickets. Wish I had gone on their website on that day.

That's why I don't like review scores. Knack and Killzone didn't get too great of scores but I'm actually enjoying them a lot, while AC4 got great scores and it just feels like a pirate game without any of the AC lore/story I enjoy :p

Knack deserves the price of an indie title because it's basically an indie game.

Killzone however deserves a bit higher of a score because campaign was amazing for a FPS game, although it left you with the "well, what the heck do I do now?" situation alot.

Like so many others, I was considering an XBox 1 but, definitely not now. I will keep the new 360 until the next version of XBox is out.

This is what happens when competition thins out (as in sooooooo many industries)
We are down to two real players...XBox and Playstation.
What incentive is there for either one to go through significant R&D and retooling expenses to produce a REAL upgrade..when they can simply repackage an existing one and sucker in 1,000,000's of unit sales???
This is Microsoft's business plan 101 for everything they do, and have been doing for 18 years.
In all if these years they have had only two significant upgrade roll outs in their operating system for the PC...but have had 9 "new" OS "upgrades"....and then there is Microsoft Office...

This is what happens when competition thins out (as in sooooooo many industries)
What incentive is there for either one to go through significant R&D and retooling expenses to produce a REAL upgrade..when they can simply repackage an existing one and sucker in 1,000,000's of unit sales???
This is Microsoft's business plan 101 for everything they do, and have been doing for 18 years.
In all if these years they have had only two significant upgrade roll outs in their operating system for the PC...but have had 9 "new" OS "upgrades"....and then there is Microsoft Office...

Steam is releasing the Steam Machine sometime this year. It's in beta right now. Supposedly 13 different versions from a few hundred bucks to a couple thousand.

Steam is releasing the Steam Machine sometime this year. It's in beta right now. Supposedly 13 different versions from a few hundred bucks to a couple thousand.

Which brings on another discussion...which I will refrain so to not hijack your thread.
Suffice to say there are ongoing legal issues with both Valve and Steam.

Hijack away, these threads get no traffic anyhow.

Personally I doubt I get a steam machine. I got 2 pc's, one for work in the den and one on the tv for gaming. I prrfer to be able to upgrade my pc than to be locked into a box that isn't upgradeable.

Personally I doubt I get a steam machine. I got 2 pc's, one for work in the den and one on the tv for gaming. I prrfer to be able to upgrade my pc than to be locked into a box that isn't upgradeable.

Steam machines can be upgraded.
Just gotta e careful about which one and what you do to upgrade it with.

Steam machines can be upgraded.
Just gotta e careful about which one and what you do to upgrade it with.

Most of the ones I've seen are too small for serious upgrades to fit. Besides building a rig from scratch with tons of upgrade space is more appealing to me. I upgraded a commercial pc last year and enjoyed it so much I want to build one from scratch.

Forum List

Back