Planned Male Obsolescence?

I guess I'm a little confused............creating human embryos without sperm...........how does this equate with men no longer being part of the human race? Are the embryos all female? Hmmmmmmmm :huh:

That would be such a shame............I like men..........they have their uses!

kurtsprincess said:
I guess I'm a little confused............creating human embryos without sperm...........how does this equate with men no longer being part of the human race? Are the embryos all female? Hmmmmmmmm :huh:

Uh yeah, "Please get the lid off the olives!" J/K! They have their place, as women have their's.

Hagbard Celine said:
Has anybody ever seen that movie with Kim Basinger called "My Stepmom is an alien" or something like that? She comes from a planet populated by all women and they reproduce the same way: through a petri dish. Does this mean that women can now reproduce with out our little flagellated guys? This is quite disarming.
I would assume the Jewish girl in your class will hear about this! :shocked: How is that going btw?

kurtsprincess said:

Only sperm can carry the 'y' chromosome, the chromosome that makes makes a man a man. Embryos made using only the egg will have NO 'y' chromosome and thus be women.

Also, this doesn't render men obselete. The fact that this is the first thought to enter our minds should scare us, as it's a product of decades of propoganda leading us to beleive that the only use for a man is to give a woman babies. Man and woman are nothing without each other. Even those who remain single their entire lives cannot say they would be who they were if it were not for members of the opposite sex. It's like a couch and a coffee table. Each can be kinda useful without the other, but not so much.

Hobbit said:
Only sperm can carry the 'y' chromosome, the chromosome that makes makes a man a man. Embryos made using only the egg will have NO 'y' chromosome and thus be women.

Also, this doesn't render men obselete. The fact that this is the first thought to enter our minds should scare us, as it's a product of decades of propoganda leading us to beleive that the only use for a man is to give a woman babies. Man and woman are nothing without each other. Even those who remain single their entire lives cannot say they would be who they were if it were not for members of the opposite sex. It's like a couch and a coffee table. Each can be kinda useful without the other, but not so much.

Thanks for the short lesson Hobbitt! And, thanks Abbey for the article.

I think it's absolutely fascinating!

kurtsprincess said:
Thanks for the short lesson Hobbitt! And, thanks Abbey for the article.

I think it's absolutely fascinating!

Me too, in a Frankensteinish sort of way. Can you imagine a planet of women? As someone who almost always had more guy friends than girls, I'd find it pretty weird.

Forum List

Back