Pick a Historical, Contemporary, or Fictional Person to Spend the Day with

I've always thought it would be cool to ride with Alexander the Great! Weirdly in American history I've always liked Alexander Hamilton, the Bank was good at that time. :lol:

I like George Hamilton. Love at first bite is hysterical.

My mom took me to that movie. She hated it and I love it. I believe the movie was panned, but that was my first George Hamilton movie.

I've always thought it would be cool to ride with Alexander the Great! Weirdly in American history I've always liked Alexander Hamilton, the Bank was good at that time. :lol:

I like George Hamilton. Love at first bite is hysterical.

My mom took me to that movie. She hated it and I love it. I believe the movie was panned, but that was my first George Hamilton movie.

"The third way to kill a vampire, Count! A silver bullet through the heart!"
BANG...BANG...BANG...
"No Rosenberg, that is a werewolf".
"It is? Oh, shit. It's alright everybody. No harm done. I'm a doctor."

o how funny...i am a burr fan myself....i went to where burr shot hamilton and saw hamiltons grave in nyc...well they both are kinda...and then to where burr hid out...during his exile in norther alabama...and you know that bs about hamilton firing into the air has been disproven...turns out he had a pistol with hair trigger....burr was da man...

burr would be my american choice....oscar wilde my british choice...chole the famous ozzie ho...hawkins alive now...mae west...

all of the above are just fascinating people

o how funny...i am a burr fan myself....i went to where burr shot hamilton and saw hamiltons grave in nyc...well they both are kinda...and then to where burr hid out...during his exile in norther alabama...and you know that bs about hamilton firing into the air has been disproven...turns out he had a pistol with hair trigger....burr was da man...

burr would be my american choice....oscar wilde my british choice...chole the famous ozzie ho...hawkins alive now...mae west...

all of the above are just fascinating people

Aaron Burr!?! :eek: That's it! I challenge you to a duel! :lol::lol:

??? The what???

This:

Dorothy Parker

They send me emails about events they have all over the country. I've never been to one, maybe someday! It would be a hoot!

Oh that sounds so much fun! There will be a Parkerfest this spring. Echo, we could be such cool flappers. Can you do the Charleston?

I don't do the Charleston, but I'd meet you in Charleston, such a cool town!

I'll still wear the flapper dress though, I love those! :cool:

I'd love to spend a day with James Cagney or Jimmy Stewart -- I'd just soak in their entertainment. They seemed like swell guys to boot.

Who, why, and what would you do with that person?

Buzz Aldrin. Buzz is still excited about our future in space and works positively to further it, so that I'm certain he'd be receptive to reminiscing on his adventure, unlike Neil Armstrong who has remained ex-communicado on the subject. For someone like me whose teenage years were spent reading "hard science fiction", dreaming about our future in space, and coming so close to seeing it realized, it would be a culminating moment for me to talk with him about his adventure, from lift off, to walking on the moon's surface, and finally the return splash down in the Pacific Ocean.

As a person who was born before space travel was seriously thought to be in our future, and only a wild dream; one who came of age at the moment of the beginning of the space age with JFK's words that we would " before "this decade is out....land a man on the Moon and return him safely to Earth" I've now accepted that I will almost certainly not see human beings walk on the surface of Mars as I once thought I would when I saw them walk on our moon.

So to have a couple of beers with him over a lunch which would hopefully stretch into the afternoon, would be as good as it gets. I'd have him sign my copy of his book "The Return".
And hey! This is all do-able....

Last edited:
Richard Simmons and Jerry Fallwell at the same time. Two guys that I find completely annoying. Give me a paintball gun, 50,000 frozen paintballs, and plenty of compressed air.

For real though, It would have to be John Wayne. John Wayne is the toughest sumbitch the world has ever known. I grew up watching his movoes. He is the first hero I remember having growing up.

john_wayne.jpg

While old now, he was too 'pretty' to me. A male, 'air head.'

I met him several times in Switzerland where I used to go skiing. He's a really entertaining guy.

Well that just goes to show what looks mean. ;) He was nice?

Better than nice, he was lovely. Had this habit of wearing a different outfit every day, while everyone else used to make do with the same one (and in Gstaad, it's not like people couldn't afford to change their outfit every 5 minutes).

I had lunch with him, Roger Moore and his wife Luisa and their daughter (whose name now eludes me), Julie Andrews, my mother and my brother (they were my brother's friends, though actually I think that was the first time he met Julie Andrews, but Roger and Luisa were very good friends). I just looked up his daughter's name - Deborah.

It's really interesting talking to these folks in private. They have had such bizarre (by my standards) lives, and have the most amazing stories. GH was hysterically funny, very dry witted and spent the longest time chatting with my mother about music (Mum was an opera singer).

Forum List

Back