Pick a Historical, Contemporary, or Fictional Person to Spend the Day with

Who, why, and what would you do with that person?

Buzz Aldrin. Buzz is still excited about our future in space and works positively to further it, so that I'm certain he'd be receptive to reminiscing on his adventure, unlike Neil Armstrong who has remained ex-communicado on the subject. For someone like me whose teenage years were spent reading "hard science fiction", dreaming about our future in space, and coming so close to seeing it realized, it would be a culminating moment for me to talk with him about his adventure, from lift off, to walking on the moon's surface, and finally the return splash down in the Pacific Ocean.

As a person who was born before space travel was seriously thought to be in our future, and only a wild dream; one who came of age at the moment of the beginning of the space age with JFK's words that we would " before "this decade is out....land a man on the Moon and return him safely to Earth" I've now accepted that I will almost certainly not see human beings walk on the surface of Mars as I once thought I would when I saw them walk on our moon.

So to have a couple of beers with him over a lunch which would hopefully stretch into the afternoon, would be as good as it gets. I'd have him sign my copy of his book "The Return".
And hey! This is all do-able....

This is going to look awful, but I've met him as well. I was working for an ad agency and we shot a Citroen commercial with him in the late 1980s. He was nice enough, but I wouldn't presume to say I got to know him.

Who, why, and what would you do with that person?

My Dad. He died in 1994. I have several people I would like for him to meet.

Damn, why didn't I say that. Agree. My Dad died when I was a teenager. He never met my wife, never got to know his grandchildren. My son Tom is named after him.

Most of all, I'd like to have a beer with him. It's the biggest regret of my life that I was never able to go out for a beer with my Dad. :(

Diogenes of Sinope

DiogenesJLGerome.jpg

or maybe this guy​

987.jpg

Both were people who not only talked the talk but walked the walk.

Oh man, all you sons talking about your dads are making me cry!

Yeah, I wish my dad could meet my daughter, and all his other grandchildren. He died way too young, he was only 61.

I miss you dad!

Oh man, all you sons talking about your dads are making me cry!

Yeah, I wish my dad could meet my daughter, and all his other grandchildren. He died way too young, he was only 61.

I miss you dad!
I would like to meet my Grandfather who died 11 years before I was born along with my other one who died when I was four. The only memory I have of him is he gave me a Dr Pepper and I never had pop before.

Forum List

Back