Pick a Historical, Contemporary, or Fictional Person to Spend the Day with

Who, why, and what would you do with that person?

I'd pick a great wit or raconteur. Churchill, Oscar Wilde, Robert Benchley, Dorothy Parker, Steven Fry. Even someone like Quentin Crisp. Did you know that during the 80s in New York, dinner with QC was reputed to be the best show in town? What would I do? I'd listen, and hopefully roar with laughter for several hours.

Jesus might be interesting too, but less entertaining. Plus I bet someone else goes for Jesus, so hopefully they'll post what he said.

I think Benjamin Franklin would be a very interesting person to spend the day with. He was smart, inventive, witty, learned, a great conversationalist and diplomat. We would stroll the streets of Philadephia -- I would pick his brain and hopefully we would have a good banter.

I'd pick a great wit or raconteur. Churchill, Oscar Wilde, Robert Benchley, Dorothy Parker, Steven Fry. Even someone like Quentin Crisp. Did you know that during the 80s in New York, dinner with QC was reputed to be the best show in town? What would I do? I'd listen, and hopefully roar with laughter for several hours.

Jesus might be interesting too, but less entertaining. Plus I bet someone else goes for Jesus, so hopefully they'll post what he said.

Oh yeah, anyone from the Algonquin Round Table! I love Dorothy Parker, I'm a member of the Dorothy Parker Society!

Oh yeah, anyone from the Algonquin Round Table! I love Dorothy Parker, I'm a member of the Dorothy Parker Society!

??? The what???

??? The what???

This:

Dorothy Parker

They send me emails about events they have all over the country. I've never been to one, maybe someday! It would be a hoot!

I've always thought it would be cool to ride with Alexander the Great! Weirdly in American history I've always liked Alexander Hamilton, the Bank was good at that time. :lol:

??? The what???

This:

Dorothy Parker

They send me emails about events they have all over the country. I've never been to one, maybe someday! It would be a hoot!

Some of your sisters are hot. I bet the 'parties" they hold are like the one Tom Cruise goes to in Eyes Wide Shut. Cheeky minxes.

fest01.jpg

I've always thought it would be cool to ride with Alexander the Great! Weirdly in American history I've always liked Alexander Hamilton, the Bank was good at that time. :lol:

I like George Hamilton. Love at first bite is hysterical.

While old now, he was too 'pretty' to me. A male, 'air head.'

But that's what's so cool about him. Male air heads are so rare.

??? The what???

This:

Dorothy Parker

Oh that sounds so much fun! There will be a Parkerfest this spring. Echo, we could be such cool flappers. Can you do the Charleston?

While old now, he was too 'pretty' to me. A male, 'air head.'

I met him several times in Switzerland where I used to go skiing. He's a really entertaining guy.

Forum List

Back