Phenotype-Genotype: Creationism Dread?

Sep 22, 2013
Capitalism/commerce and convenience-consumerism culture (blah) --- i.e., eBay, eTrade, Burger King, Wall Street, Facebook, etc., etc., etc. have changed the way humanity conceives of etiquette, efficiency, egalitarianism, and even energy (blah).

Theories of evolution that counter the theories of Creationism we Christians prefer argue that genes direct human behavior (and even ethics!) in a programmed way, which is why geneticists study 'patterns in DNA' the same way computer-scientists study 'patterns in command-hierarchies' when trying to design synthetic brains (i.e., A.I.).

A theory of evolution which suggests that ethics is 'pre-programmed' certainly contradicts preferred theories of Creationism which present images of a benign and benevolent 'God' who 'guides' and 'directs' all aspects of human consciousness (including ethics!).

If we look at evolutionary genetics and examine the theories in science which argue that adaptation to the environment affect the rate and course of DNA transformation/mutation, we find interesting 'gaps' or 'enigmas' regarding the subtle relationship (or links!) between genotype and phenotype.

Genotype is genetically-programmed molecular composition while phenotype is the 'resultant' morphological/behavioral 'traits,' and geneticists believe today that the two affect and impact each other in somewhat mysterious ways --- e.g., "What came first, the chicken or the egg?"

For our modern age of commerce/consumerism, species-wide 'governance' (i.e., European Union, Wall Street) impact how our species is 'evolving collectedly.' Hence, phenotype is arguably 'acting back' on genotype and guiding the development of our entire species based on the progressive changes in civilization during the lifespan of each generation (e.g., Generation X).

====

GOD: Do you know why Americans love films like The Wolf of Wall Street?
SATAN: Americans are very wary of Wall Street cynicism after 9/11.
GOD: Modern civilization appreciates the species-impact of commerce.
SATAN: You can argue that economics is 'affecting' evolution...
GOD: Perhaps then phenotype is observably impacting genotype.
SATAN: Perhaps for the first time...
GOD: That is why speculation in the realm of economics is so dangerous!
SATAN: Yes, it's why the Soviet Union crumbled.
GOD: Never make jokes about a person's ability to intelligently invest/bank.
SATAN: No one is above the fear of financial ruin...ask Job.
GOD: Job was frustrated by his poverty and demanded grace!
SATAN: When phenotype crumbles, the species shrieks to preserve genotype.
GOD: That's what the Holocaust was all about...
SATAN: Perhaps genetic-cloning is heresy.

====

pheno.gif

Capitalism/commerce and convenience-consumerism culture (blah) --- i.e., eBay, eTrade, Burger King, Wall Street, Facebook, etc., etc., etc. have changed the way humanity conceives of etiquette, efficiency, egalitarianism, and even energy (blah).

Theories of evolution that counter the theories of Creationism we Christians prefer argue that genes direct human behavior (and even ethics!) in a programmed way, which is why geneticists study 'patterns in DNA' the same way computer-scientists study 'patterns in command-hierarchies' when trying to design synthetic brains (i.e., A.I.).

A theory of evolution which suggests that ethics is 'pre-programmed' certainly contradicts preferred theories of Creationism which present images of a benign and benevolent 'God' who 'guides' and 'directs' all aspects of human consciousness (including ethics!).

If we look at evolutionary genetics and examine the theories in science which argue that adaptation to the environment affect the rate and course of DNA transformation/mutation, we find interesting 'gaps' or 'enigmas' regarding the subtle relationship (or links!) between genotype and phenotype.

Genotype is genetically-programmed molecular composition while phenotype is the 'resultant' morphological/behavioral 'traits,' and geneticists believe today that the two affect and impact each other in somewhat mysterious ways --- e.g., "What came first, the chicken or the egg?"

For our modern age of commerce/consumerism, species-wide 'governance' (i.e., European Union, Wall Street) impact how our species is 'evolving collectedly.' Hence, phenotype is arguably 'acting back' on genotype and guiding the development of our entire species based on the progressive changes in civilization during the lifespan of each generation (e.g., Generation X).

====

====

View attachment 156669
So who programmed the genes to do what they do?

====

====

View attachment 156669
Thanks for the nap.

Forum List

Back