Pfizer fined $2.3 billion dollars

Chris

Gold Member
May 30, 2008
Pfizer to pay record $2.3B penalty for drug promos

By DEVLIN BARRETT (AP)

WASHINGTON — Federal prosecutors hit Pfizer Inc. with a record-breaking $2.3 billion in fines Wednesday and called the world's largest drugmaker a repeating corporate cheat for illegal drug promotions that plied doctors with free golf, massages, and resort junkets.

Announcing the penalty as a warning to all drug manufacturers, Justice Department officials said the overall settlement is the largest ever paid by a drug company for alleged violations of federal drug rules, and the $1.2 billion criminal fine is the largest ever in any U.S. criminal case. The total includes $1 billion in civil penalties and a $100 million criminal forfeiture.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5i1T0tm9vZXO9PuPj17hqfL-4JfTwD9AFE8F01

Great ... now they will have to jack up the prices of the few meds allowed in the US just to cover this. Great going FDA, keeping competition out is really helping, huh?

Still just a slap on the wrist.

More a shot across the bow....

:doubt: I keep thinking there is hope that you will make logical connections, but you really don't. Why do you think "big pharm" charges so much now? They have had a huge number of lawsuits for FDA "approved" medications that wind up killing people. They still have to make a profit so they pass the cost onto the patients, since the FDA won't let any alternatives that have been proven safe into the country ... now, try, try really hard to think, there is a connection here that's more than just "big pharma" wanting to make a profit.

Still just a slap on the wrist.

:doubt: I keep thinking there is hope that you will make logical connections, but you really don't. Why do you think "big pharm" charges so much now? They have had a huge number of lawsuits for FDA "approved" medications that wind up killing people. They still have to make a profit so they pass the cost onto the patients, since the FDA won't let any alternatives that have been proven safe into the country ... now, try, try really hard to think, there is a connection here that's more than just "big pharma" wanting to make a profit.

Which industry in the U.S. has the highest profit margin?

Which industry is keeping Americans alive?

The natural foods industry.

Wow .... just fucking wow ...

Just .....

.... fucking wow ....

Okay, laughing stopped enough, now, as I was reminded by someone else, you do remember that Pfizer gives away meds to people who can't afford them, so does Warehouser. That's just two of the many "big pharma" who do:

Free Medicine Help Through Prescription Assistance Programs

Just .....

.... fucking wow ....

Okay, laughing stopped enough, now, as I was reminded by someone else, you do remember that Pfizer gives away meds to people who can't afford them, so does Warehouser. That's just two of the many "big pharma" who do:

I didn't think you would answer my question.

Which U.S. industry has the highest profit margin?

Just .....

.... fucking wow ....

Web Hosting. Look it up.

Just .....

.... fucking wow ....

Web Hosting. Look it up.

Sorry, it is Big Pharma, and you know it.

Sorry, it is Big Pharma, and you know it.

:rofl: Do you really think a web hosting company spends $10 a month per gig in bills?

You have no idea how any industry operates, do you? :rofl:

Actually I do.

Big Pharma baby.

Web hosting is not an industry.

:lol:

Um, yes it is, it was part of the tech industry but is now big enough to be on it's own. Unlike you, it grew up. ;)

Pharmaceuticals have huge costs, the chemicals, testing, marketing, bribes to the FDA, bribes to the government, bribes to doctors to endorse their products, pay offs to the lawsuits when their products kill, insurance payments, lawyers. All costing millions of dollars, here's a hint: bribes are not recorded. :eusa_whistle:

:rofl: Do you really think a web hosting company spends $10 a month per gig in bills?

You have no idea how any industry operates, do you? :rofl:

Actually I do.

Big Pharma baby.

Um, yes it is, it was part of the tech industry but is now big enough to be on it's own. Unlike you, it grew up. ;)

Pharmaceuticals have huge costs, the chemicals, testing, marketing, bribes to the FDA, bribes to the government, bribes to doctors to endorse their products, pay offs to the lawsuits when their products kill, insurance payments, lawyers. All costing millions of dollars, here's a hint: bribes are not recorded. :eusa_whistle:

Dream on, hunny bun.

Big Pharma makes a higher percentage of profit than any other industry in the U.S. Why? Because the healthcare companies donated $3.4 BILLION DOLLARS to Congress in the last decade.

Actually I do.

Big Pharma baby.

Dream on, hunny bun.

Big Pharma makes a higher percentage of profit than any other industry in the U.S. Why? Because the healthcare companies donated $3.4 BILLION DOLLARS to Congress in the last decade.

no--they bribed politicians FROM BOTH PARTIES

Actually I do.

Big Pharma baby.

Dream on, hunny bun.

Big Pharma makes a higher percentage of profit than any other industry in the U.S. Why? Because the healthcare companies donated $3.4 BILLION dollars to Congress in the last decade.

So the insurance companies donated that money to obama? so the Ossiah is OWNED by the insurance companies. Got it.

Forum List

Back