Pew Poll: 6% of Scientists are Republicans

romney has his own money, which should help

I don't think the comment he said about his sons on whether they would serve would sit well with veterans. Along with a bunch of other things. Like how he is a massive flip flopper.

I supported Romney at the beginning but came to realize that he would say absolutely anything to get elected, even more so than your typical politician. He was a massive disappointment.

Plus, there was a poll that said half of Americans wouldn't support a mormon for President

Many voters say they would never vote for Mormon president

I'm being partisan only in that the old school traditional "right" was along the lines of the live-and-let-live attitudes of Robert Taft and Barry Goldwater.

A couple of years ago, I watched a documentary of Barry Goldwater produced by his daughter. The thing that seared into my mind was Barry Goldwater's quote in an interview when he said "A time will come when my party will view me as a liberal."

I was and still am an active supporter of the Conservative parties in Canada and England but that is because they are more libertarian and are less influenced by evangelicals. I have a hard time with the Republican party here in America.

6% of Scientists are Republicans.

As a scientist, I can vouch for that statistic. Most scientists have to rely on grants from public agencies to get paid. They're not stupid. If the money dries up, they lose their job. Think of it this way: if you were a government employee, who would you vote for? Would you vote for politicians who want to increase or decrease the size of government? It's a no-brainer.

Its interesting to note that scientists made sure the Soviets had atomic bombs, as they set up the 'mad theory' that has placed the human race in jeopardy ever since.

They also came up with said weapon, the biggest mass killer in history.

The really interesting part is nobody forced them to do it, they wanted to create these weapons.

The man who created the Saturn V moon rocket also created the V2 terror weapon.

The famous peace prize that Alfred Nobel set up was originally awarded money from his discovery of dynamite, an extremly distructive substance.

Just some food for thought for a Sunday morning.

Tell ya what.....

You hand in your master's thesis at Princeton, to Paul Krugman, entitled "The Great Contributions of Ludwig von Mises and Austrian Economics", and tell me how you think you'll make out on getting that degree.

Why would you study Ludwig von Mises under Paul Krugman? You would study trade under Krugman. You would study von Mises at George Mason University.

Those who believe we should go back to teaching the bible in school. Those who want anything that is anti-Christian to be changed by any means. Those who feel that the bible should be used more in our law-making. Those who believe there should be no gun control at all. Those who feel Atheism should be banned. There are of course other ways to define far right. It of course revolves around obsession to religion and some right wing views.
Absent the gun control issue, what's "far right" about using the tools of big government aggression to impose one's will upon everyone else??.....That's more the tactic of the fervent secularist far left.

And I've been around enough republican types to know that those fundies are nowhere near the majority of the party.

But they just run thing, right? You Rushpublicans are a real source of humor, at present. Sarborn, Ensign, and Palin. What a crew. Such good values and work ethic.:lol:

It was proven in Europe as well. For example, the German scientists had believed such things long before Hitler. when Nazi Germany came into being, the racial scientists were not forces to do the research.

That's certain scientists for sure. I know you're being facetious but still. It's unfair to those scientists who have been doing legitimate science during those years to judge them by the racists.
The racists are only an example of what a political echo chamber "science" can be.

Just ask Galileo.

Galileo was not persecuted by other "natural philosophers", but by the church. Any intelligent third grader would know that. Same for most of the natural philosphers of the time. Some even ended up being burned to death for their "heresy" of studying the reality of nature.

Absent the gun control issue, what's "far right" about using the tools of big government aggression to impose one's will upon everyone else??.....That's more the tactic of the fervent secularist far left.

And I've been around enough republican types to know that those fundies are nowhere near the majority of the party.

I'm not saying they are a majority of the party or nowhere near. However, even the not so far right are a good chunk of the base.

I mean back in 1992 (the numbers would probably be much more higher now), Pat Robertson got over 1 million votes. There really has been no candidate to determine how much of the Republican party is FAR right since then.
Once again, you're defining "far right" as people who use classic coercion tactics of the left.

The context is irrelevant to the employment of the proactive use of aggression.

Ah yes, those evil "Lib bu rals". They think that just because they won an election they get to pass legislation. And they go out and get people to exercise their rights as citizens of this nation to vote. How Evil!

And then these horrible scientists, just because they are more intelligent than average, are mostly Liberal. Should be against the law, right? I mean coercing people to vote liberal by using logic. What a terrible thing to do. Give 'em God, Guns, and Gays, that is all that is needed!

Hey Dude, we are going to win again in 2010. Thank you, Sarah, and boys.:lol:

Why doesn't this surprise me?
The majority of independents lean to the left. But, they are starting to move from the Obama camp

Dream on.

They shouldn't allow senile old bastards like you to vote.

As a public high school teacher I have witnessed first hand the dumbing down of America. If libs continue this course of destruction only 6 percent of our scientists will consider themselves "American"

God this board is awash in narrow minded assholes.
Most Republicans are small business people and people who work with their hands. Most scientists are first of all acedemics, and know from where their bread is buttered as they depend on grants and academia for their funds.

What percentage of engineers are democrat vs republican? I would estimate that the preponderance are republican, because, in part they depend on for their work and associate mostly with business type people for their living.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back