Pew Poll: 6% of Scientists are Republicans

I think the next presidential election will be about the economy and debt. He could be a dead horse by the next election no matter what.

Things can change alot in four years. For example, did you really think that in 2008 that America would vote for a half Black man who's middle name is Hussein back in 2004? The Democratic party looked on life support after the 2004 elections.

and thats to be expected
why?
because they know which side their bread is buttered on
;)

Not exactly, though it is true that Bush basically said fuck you to scientists over eight years.

It's more of the fact that they are more Liberal about experimentation then Republicans are. Such as with stem cells, about the planet, etc. Plus, Republicans are more of a party of religion then science. Do you truly expect the majority of Scientists to believe in a POV that goes against most of their beliefs?
Li'l Bushie said "fuck you" to federal funding, not to science in and of itself.

Why should taxpayers be supporting "scientists" who don't check their politics at the door??

I think the next presidential election will be about the economy and debt. He could be a dead horse by the next election no matter what.

Things can change alot in four years. For example, did you really think that in 2008 that America would vote for a half Black man who's middle name is Hussein back in 2004? The Democratic party looked on life support after the 2004 elections.
That one can easily be turned around....

Did you really think that the republicans could -or really wanted to- win with the old geezer, who lost to the goober who ended up being most unpopular president since Harry Truman??

Li'l Bushie said "fuck you" to federal funding, not to science in and of itself.

Why should taxpayers be supporting "scientists" who don't check their politics at the door??

They were merely asked a question about their politics, it wasn't a question whether their politics affected their work. If more Republicans were scientists, you'd probably see more scientists who believe human activity has no relation at all to global warming and more Scientists who proclaim Creationism as truth. Those are scientists who let politics affect their work.

Scientists who are Liberal also sometimes have their work affected by politics but science for the most part is a can you prove this or not sort of thing.

Did you really think that the republicans could (or really wanted) win with the old geezer, who lost to the goober who ended up being most unpopular president since Harry Truman??

Probably not, though Bush played some VERY dirty tactics against McCain in Sorth Carolina back in 2000. Also, wasn't Bush more unpopular than Truman?

Last edited:
Did you really think that the republicans could (or really wanted) win with the old geezer, who lost to the goober who ended up being most unpopular president since Harry Truman??

Probably not, though Bush played some VERY dirty tactics against McCain in North Carolina back in 2000. Also, wasn't Bush more unpopular than Truman?

south carolina.

bush's approval rating never got down to Truman's record of 22 percent,

Probably not, though Bush played some VERY dirty tactics against McCain in North Carolina back in 2000. Also, wasn't Bush more unpopular than Truman?
I'm sooooo tired of that lame-assed South Carolina bullshit excuse. Fact is that John McOldfuck was always a shitty candidate.

And yes, Li'l Bushie was less popular than Truman, by a nose....Which makes him the least popular since then.

palin needs to stay out.

$palin_goodbye.jpg

$Kill the Batman.jpg

This is so funny I can't stop laughing. I am not going to try to guess, but I have to believe the vast majority of scientists polled earn their living off of grants and public money. Climate change, stem cell research, research for diseases, we can go on and on and on; many scientists get their funding through some type of grant, and guess which party is likely to dole out more money in grants, especially the ones on things like fruit fly research in France?

Now, I won't say all of that public spending is wasteful but come on, if your livelihood was dependent upon federal money, wouldn't you support the party that was most likely to keep you working?

south carolina.

bush's approval rating never got down to Truman's record of 22 percent,

My bad, I knew it was one of the two.

Really? I wonder if adjusted for population what would be Truman's today. :lol:

obama can't be re-elected without independents.

No, he cannot. However, when Independents have to choose between Obama and whichever candidate the Republicans put out there it's most likely going to be back to Obama unless the Republican is VERY moderate. However, the current makeup of the Republican Party would NOT allow such a thing to occur.

If they're smart, they'll nominate Romney, who was supported by many farrighties including ann coulter and Laura Ingraham.

I think Romeny will have a good shot. I supported him this past election and will so again in 2012 if he runs. I do think though, that Jeb Bush still could become a viable candidate if Obama really tanks, but it would have to be tanking of epic proportions for most people to vote for another Bush. If Jeb didn't have his brother's last name though, he would be the front runner right now.

No, he cannot. However, when Independents have to choose between Obama and whichever candidate the Republicans put out there it's most likely going to be back to Obama unless the Republican is VERY moderate. However, the current makeup of the Republican Party would NOT allow such a thing to occur.

If they're smart, they'll nominate Romney, who was supported by many farrighties including ann coulter and Laura Ingraham.

I think Romeny will have a good shot. I supported him this past election and will so again in 2012 if he runs. I do think though, that Jeb Bush still could become a viable candidate if Obama really tanks, but it would have to be tanking of epic proportions for most people to vote for another Bush. If Jeb didn't have his brother's last name though, he would be the front runner right now.

romney has his own money, which should help

They were merely asked a question about their politics, it wasn't a question whether their politics affected their work. If more Republicans were scientists, you'd probably see more scientists who believe human activity has no relation at all to global warming and more Scientists who proclaim Creationism as truth. Those are scientists who let politics affect their work.

Scientists who are Liberal also sometimes have their work affected by politics but science for the most part is a can you prove this or not sort of thing.
GAFB!!!!!

Science is as political as you can get.....Especially "peer review".

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zydAs5bRW1U]YouTube - The Who - Won't Get Fooled Again - Live 8[/ame]

I'd love to see the GOP come close to nominating a Mormon but it won't happen. The far right of the party would go ape shit and that's a good part of the base that Palin would pick up if she ran.

I'm not Mormon, and I am a Christian, although not a right wing fanatic. I would support Romeny over Palin without question. Palin would be my absolute last choice.

romney has his own money, which should help

I don't think the comment he said about his sons on whether they would serve would sit well with veterans. Along with a bunch of other things. Like how he is a massive flip flopper.

Last edited:
I'm not Mormon, and I am a Christian, although not a right wing fanatic. I would support Romeny over Palin without question. Palin would be my absolute last choice.

I'm not saying Christian = Far Right, I'm talking FAR RIGHT which happens to be a good % of the party.

Forum List

Back