Pet Lions Dangerous?

Shadow

Silver Member
Aug 16, 2008
Land Of Enchantment
'Elephant in Living Room' Warns About Exotic Pets

New Film Explores Growing Problem of Lions, Venomous Snakes, Cougars on the Loose.

Two lion cubs -- Lambert and then Lacey -- filled the hole in Terry Brumfield's heart after the Piketon, Ohio, truck driver was seriously injured in an accident and slipped into a deep depression.

He bought the exotic cats from a breeder and, at first, they were like cuddly kittens.

"I pet and hug him," he said of the male that grew to 550 pounds. "He's something special. He roars at night like he's lonesome."

But by the age of 2, as the lions sexually matured, Brumfield, a burly man with a mane-like beard so scraggy he looked like the lions he so adored, realized he couldn't control them.

Elephant in the Living Room: Exotic Animals as Pets Pose Increasing Danger in the U.S. - ABC News

New Film Explores Growing Problem of Lions, Venomous Snakes, Cougars on the Loose.

Two lion cubs -- Lambert and then Lacey -- filled the hole in Terry Brumfield's heart after the Piketon, Ohio, truck driver was seriously injured in an accident and slipped into a deep depression.

He bought the exotic cats from a breeder and, at first, they were like cuddly kittens.

"I pet and hug him," he said of the male that grew to 550 pounds. "He's something special. He roars at night like he's lonesome."

But by the age of 2, as the lions sexually matured, Brumfield, a burly man with a mane-like beard so scraggy he looked like the lions he so adored, realized he couldn't control them.

Elephant in the Living Room: Exotic Animals as Pets Pose Increasing Danger in the U.S. - ABC News

If this dude has sex with his lions I'm putting you on ignore.

People are fucking retarded.

• Banned
The sad and really stupid thing is that these people can't seem to figure out that trying to keep and tame these wild animals is almost impossible. Then they either get seiously hurt...or they let them lose in the wild and then they wreck the native environment.

• Banned

If this dude has sex with his lions I'm putting you on ignore.

I can't help it if sex sells. :lol::razz:

Gotta give the peeps what they want. :eusa_angel:

If people want to own these kinds of animals, fine. You need to own the amount of land necessary for your, their's and the general public's safety.

A pet lion should be alright as long as you pull it's teeth and take it's claws off. Your vet should be able to help with that.

Part of the Pride by Kevin Richardson the Lion Whisperer

Last edited by a moderator:
I ain't for keeping wild animals as pets..we have plenty of animals that crave human companionship. Dogs and cats make fine pets..and really do love us.

That said:

This always chokes me up..I am fucking sucker for the shaggy dog stories.

Last edited by a moderator:
I ain't for keeping wild animals as pets..we have plenty of animals that crave human companionship. Dogs and cats make fine pets..and really do love us.

If domestic cats were bigger, they would kill us and eat us.

No they wouldn't. But they might be on the couch more often.

They do not have opposable thumbs...which means they can not unlock a door...which means eventually the food would run out...which means they would eat us...if they were big enough...

If domestic cats were bigger, they would kill us and eat us.

They do not have opposable thumbs...which means they can not unlock a door...which means eventually the food would run out...which means they would eat us...if they were big enough...

Um.

I would eat you if I couldn't get another food source. What's your point.

Actually..I might eat you just for fun. But heck..its my nature.

Um.

They will only tolerate you if you feed them. A pig would be happy to eat you if you give them the opportunity.

Um.

I guess my point is, from a scientific perspective, cats have never been domesticated. They are only demurely small.

Um.

They will only tolerate you if you feed them. A pig would be happy to eat you if you give them the opportunity.

And?

I have no illusions about animals. You feed them..they like you. Simple as that. Why?

Because I am the exact same way.

Um.

I guess my point is, from a scientific perspective, cats have never been domesticated. They are only demurely small.

That's nuts. Domestication is pretty simple. There are things you can kill. There are things that can kill you. My rule is that if you can kill it..you can "Domesticate" it. And if that thing realizes that simple concept..we are all good. If it doesn't..it dies.

Um.

That's nuts. Domestication is pretty simple. There are things you can kill. There are things that can kill you. My rule is that if you can kill it..you can "Domesticate" it. And if that thing realizes that simple concept..we are all good. If it doesn't..it dies.

Domestication involves a component of cooperation. Be it horses, dogs, or spouses. Cats do not cooperate. They just want to eat us.

i was sitting in my recliner minding my own business...when out of nowhere i am jumped by the 5 lb mudcat....she wraps herself around my arm....bites me a few times.....thumps me with her back nails for a while then jump thru the air and is gone....

5 lbs of thunder....

no large predatory cats are not good pets...they still call you food names....

Forum List

Back