How puppy love can help your sex life

Shadow

Silver Member
Aug 16, 2008
Land Of Enchantment
How puppy love can help your sex life
After my dog - a curmudgeonly Jack Russell terrier named Houdini - passed away in 2008, I was sure that I wasn’t going to get another one anytime soon. Not only had Houdini’s death thrown me into an awful state of prolonged grief, but so much had changed since my single days when I had had the luxury of time and freedom, as well as a powerful unmet childhood need to have a dog of my own. But now I had a wife and two young kids (not to mention an elderly cat), and my primary unmet need was for more alone-time with my wife. As much as I loved dogs, I didn’t have the room in my home - or, I thought, in my heart - for another one.

But my wife didn’t agree. Eventually she decided it was time for us to expand our family, and we found ourselves walking home from our local shelter (the awe-inspiring Animal Haven), with a pit-bull puppy named Jitterbug, who had been abandoned in a box and left for dead in the middle of winter. (That's her in the photo.)

Now, a year later, Jitterbug has brought inestimable joy to our lives: Not only is she a constant source of amusement and tenderness - my older son, Owen (7), who was previously terrified of dogs, now writes “Jitterbug stories” in his free time and willfully solicits her sloppy kisses - but there have also been some unanticipated improvements, like in my relationship with my wife for example. What can I say? Things have gotten better since we’ve gotten the dog, and that includes our sex life

How could a humble puppy help steam up things in the bedroom? I attribute this surprising increase in intimacy to a few factors:

How puppy love can help your sex life – The Chart - CNN.com Blogs

Forum List

Back