Personal Wealth Up $26 Trillion Under Obama

Household wealth rises 1.7 to record level

Personal wealth which had dropped $13.2 trillion under former president Bush has increased $26 trillion under the Obama administration to a record $81.5 trillion

Well,

Here we go again.

Why don't you tell us who has the wealth. Or does this mean you are going to stop whining about obstuctionist republicans.

My guess is that it is the wealthy getting a lot wealthier (but I'll let you provide the data and show me wrong).

Which is it.

Just saying it is up is up is like saying an airplane in freefall is still flying.

Personal wealth which had dropped $13.2 trillion under former president Bush has increased $26 trillion under the Obama administration to a record $81.5 trillion

Well,

Here we go again.

Why don't you tell us who has the wealth. Or does this mean you are going to stop whining about obstuctionist republicans.

My guess is that it is the wealthy getting a lot wealthier (but I'll let you provide the data and show me wrong).

Which is it.

Just saying it is up is up is like saying an airplane in freefall is still flying.

My own personal wealth has more than doubled.....why hasn't yours?

Well,

Here we go again.

Which is it.

Then re-title the thread 'My Personal Wealth Up....(blah-blah-blah)'.

The Federal Reserve said Thursday that household wealth rose 1.7% in the second quarter to $81.5 trillion. Americans' stock and mutual fund portfolios gained $1 trillion. The value of their homes increased $230 billion.

OP calls it "Personal Wealth". The article is Titled "Household Wealth" yet the article itself calls it "Net Worth" and attributes it to Stock Markets and Inflated Home prices due to the Fed's QE no doubt.

Here's what the OP conveniently left out in a rather transparent attempt to show Obama in the best possible light (as always):

But the wealth gains are flowing mainly to affluent Americans. Broad stock market averages have jumped more than 150% from their trough in the spring of 2009. But roughly 10% of households own about 80% of stocks.

Fed Chair Janet Yellen highlighted the dearth of assets for lower- and middle-income families in a speech Thursday. She noted that the bottom fifth of American households had a median net worth of just $6,400 in 2013. Many had no or negative net worth. The next fifth had a median net worth of just $27,900.
1/5th plus 1/5th equals 2/5ths or 40%.

So 40% of Americans lives are suckin', the Rich get Richer and the OP thinks that's just great as long as there's a Black man in the White House.

Well,

Here we go again.

Which is it.

That's because you found a dollar in the street.

In reality the wealthy are doing fine. The poor are doing fine.
The middle class is getting fucked.

Well,

Here we go again.

Which is it.

Rabbi

Its YOU!

You were the one predicting the eminent disaster of the Obama asministration. A collapsed economy, stagflation, runaway inflation.......mass hysteria, dogs and cats living together

Aren't you just THRILLED that you were wrong? I mean $26 trillion in added wealth. Even a Rabbi would be impressed

Obama is pwned by Wall Street.

How HopeyChangey!
Damn boe....

Sounds like you are rooting for the economy to fail
$26 trillion and you sitting there with a sour puss

No, I just don't see how printing $7T of Debt and the Zero Interest Rate policy make for a healthy economy.

We have a Fed Fueled bubble...and those always end so well....not.

Well,

Here we go again.

Which is it.

When your starting point is $200 cash and a box of old Hustler mags under your bed in Mommy's basement, things can only improve.

Well,

Here we go again.

Which is it.

Rabbi

Its YOU!

You were the one predicting the eminent disaster of the Obama asministration. A collapsed economy, stagflation, runaway inflation.......mass hysteria, dogs and cats living together

Aren't you just THRILLED that you were wrong? I mean $26 trillion in added wealth. Even a Rabbi would be impressed
Imminent.
And it happened. The real UE rate is over 12%. It looks low because all the people dropping out of the workforce. And no, that wasnt baby boomers retiring. That was 25-52 yr old workers leaving and not coming back.
Growth is sub 3%, which is well below norm. Inflation is picking up. Check the price of food lately? I realize since you are on food stamps it doesnt matter much to you But people who actually pay for food are concerned. The stock market is up, as noted many times, only because of the fed's zero interest rate polciy, which has punished middle class people, esp those on fixed incomes.
It is a disaster. Only an idiot wouldnt see that. Oh wait, you are one.

Well,

Here we go again.

Which is it.

Slacker, mine quadrupled

Another thread about you giving credit to Obama for the stock market, huh? If not for the market retracing after the bank crisis, having no interests rates over the past 8 years, and numerous rounds of fed pumping, you wouldnt have your talking point. The fact of the matter is you can't point to anything Obama has done to better the market. Everybody who makes a living in the stock market hates obama.

Well,

Here we go again.

Which is it.

$10 isn't much to brag about....

Forum List

Back