Perry's tax plan: Take that 9-9-9

Perry has no supporters, he has people that wanted someone other than Mitt...

BTW thx for proving your position on Paul, you don't know his plan but you claim Perry has a better one and he clearly does not.

I say we let Mitt and Perry argue who is more liberal for another entire debate.

BTW Paul polls better than Perry now.

People who want someone other than Mitt sure contributed a lot of money to Perry.
GOP candidates’ third-quarter fundraising: Most of Perry’s money came from Texas - The Washington Post
Perry is leading in the fundraising race, which is more important than rigged polls. How is Paul doing in any of it, btw?
Paul's plan is to balance the budget by eliminating foreign aid and cancelling foreign military involvement. Anyone who thinks that's viable is smoking crack.

YOU CAN'T BALANCE THE BUDGET WITHOUT CUTTING MILITARY SPENDING YOU LIBERAL FOOL. Yes, liberal, that's why you like the big Government illegal supporting Perry.

BTW Paul came in third on total fundraising and he has the most MILITARY support through donated money than all the other candidates combined I believe.

Keep spending bud, soon enough a conservative might call you on your shit… Oh wait, I just fuckin did~

BAM!

Ron Paul leads in Military Donations 2011 Q3 to Republican Candidates

In all donations Q3 Paul is doing fine. How Much the Candidates Raised in Q3 | REPUBLICAN CANDIDATES I also think Paul has the most people donate to him, less huge donations and more small donations.
batshit-crazy.jpg

Rabbi we get it: you're in love with Rick Perry. He wont win the nomination-and he wont become the president. Get over it.

I think Rick Perry is the best candidate the GOP has. He might be the best candidate out there period. We'll see just how poorly he does in the primaries. His fate rests with the voters, not with the Wookie-Suiters on this forum.

It's a laughable budget buster.

For starters, with bigger standard deductions, under Perry's plan, a family of four making 50,000

would pay ZERO in federal income tax.

Let's see how the 'skin in the game' crowd likes that.

Since when do you care about budget busting?? That's laughable right there.

Since Reagan and Bush II busted budgets.

:lol:

Rabbi we get it: you're in love with Rick Perry. He wont win the nomination-and he wont become the president. Get over it.

I think Rick Perry is the best candidate the GOP has. He might be the best candidate out there period. We'll see just how poorly he does in the primaries. His fate rests with the voters, not with the Wookie-Suiters on this forum.

He's done.

He's done.

No. He's not.

Neither is Mr. Cain.

You liberals can make these grandiose pronouncements all you want. But your wishful thinking doesn't make it so.

The odds-on favorite to take the GOP nod? Yeah yeah. Probably Romney.

But the fact is: Sen. Barrack Hussein Obama was a freaking LONG long shot, too, when he got started. EVERYONE just "knew" that Shrillary was "the People's choice." (And by "the People," I am alluding solely to the liberal Democrat voting base.)

But those self-assured prognostications didn't pan out very well, now did they?

Last edited:

He's done.

That's why he's kicking butt in fund raising? Yeah.

Except you find most of those who identify themselves as on the right really debating the concepts in the 9-9-9 plan and now Perry's proposed plan and finding things to like and/or dislike in them.

Well sure. But that's like saying a bunch of wine connoisseurs are debating which wine is the best. Here's another example: Any one of the GOP candidates will repeatedly agree that any one of them will still be better than Obama as President. That is, obviously, an entirely partisan position. Sure, the entire GOP is debating which among them is the best to be candidate. But that doesn't mean they're being any less partisan. The truth is that there are at least some of them who would undoubtedly be significantly worse than Obama *cough*Per*cough*Bach*cough*mann*ry*cough*.

I'm not seeing much objective analysis from our leftist numbnuts who take every opportunity to point out the 'sins' or shortcomings or 'ulterior motives' of the candidate and don't really offer anything in the way of constructive analysis of the proposals.

Nor was there much objective analysis from the right in 2004 over anything put forth from the Democratic primary candidates. It goes both ways, each in their own time, is all I'm saying.

So do you like Perry's plan? If so, why? if not, why not?

Well, I have to admit I think it could have certain potential, theoretically, with some modifications. I'm not sure how comfortable I am with the raise on taxes for the lower class. I'm also feeling pretty strongly about what amounts to a penalty for not having dependents. I simply can't see a justification to have such drastically reduced tax liability just because you have kids. That could potentially become a major encouragement for people to irresponsibly have more children, since the government would essentially be subsidizing your costs to raise them plus more. I also don't like the fact that Perry's plan will necessitate significant expenditure cuts, but he really is mute on the details of those cuts. I also have a lingering question of what happens if/when in the future the people decide it is necessary to raise taxes to pay for, I dunno, some future war, disaster relief from a freak of nature bad year, the price of tea in China (socialized beverage), whatever. Raising the flat tax to meet a future need will create significant difficulties on society in general, as lower and middle class people will increasingly have difficulty providing for their basic needs, and could contribute to the base of the pyramid crumbling.

Wasn't Clinton kicking Obama's butt in fundraising? Either way, even if Perry wins the nomination, he'll never win the general. He can, at best, rush to the loser's circle.

Wasn't Clinton kicking Obama's butt in fundraising? Either way, even if Perry wins the nomination, he'll never win the general. He can, at best, rush to the loser's circle.

If Michelle Bachmann wins the nomination and picks Rick Santorum as her VP and announces Gingrich as her SecState she would still win over Obama.

If Michelle Bachmann wins the nomination and picks Rick Santorum as her VP and announces Gingrich as her SecState she would still win over Obama.

LOL.

I don't think you understand how it all works...

[If Michelle Bachmann wins the nomination and picks Rick Santorum as her VP and announces Gingrich as her SecState she would still win over Obama.

If you believe that, you really are a living in a deluded fantasy land.

It's a laughable budget buster.

For starters, with bigger standard deductions, under Perry's plan, a family of four making 50,000

would pay ZERO in federal income tax.

Let's see how the 'skin in the game' crowd likes that.

I've only said about a thousand times on this board that I believe the People should have to pay for the government they get, when they get it.

When did you stop caring about fiscal responsibility?

You'll note that Rabid didn't support the plan when you challenged it; he attacked you. Typical.

I agree with you here...

And if you have the option to do it the 'old' way, how do you cut IRS expenses??

Would you pay $40 more to spend 10 minutes preparing your taxes vs. 2 hours? I would. So would a lot of people. Simpler tax returns mean less necessity to audit, thus fewer people employed.

Not me PERSONALLY cutting IRS expenses.. the government cutting IRS expenses.. if you still have to support the 'old' way, you're not gonna cut shit in operating expenses

Thats pretty obvious. Besides if 47% are paying no income tax yet filing; I'm guessing they may spend a Saturday morning filing their taxes early in the year; hardly a close call between paying $40 for some reason and filing the form electronically as they always have since 2000 or so.

I've only said about a thousand times on this board that I believe the People should have to pay for the government they get, when they get it.

When did you stop caring about fiscal responsibility?

You'll note that Rabid didn't support the plan when you challenged it; he attacked you. Typical.

I'd be happy to debate the merits of the plan with him at length.

The 20% figure might make sense. That's a matter of numbers crunching only.

The notion of a Flat Tax is simple and appealing.

The notion that it can be imposed in a way that permits taxpayers to opt out of it in favor of the present disastrous tax code is dangerous. For once the Congress CAN levy a new tax, it will.

Like the 9-9-9 plan, it probably needs to be fine tuned and have lots of potential kinks worked out.

but unlike the Flop-in-Chief, at least Gov. Perry and Mr. Cain HAVE come forward with plans that CAN be subject to modification and fine-tuning.

If it comes down to a debate BETWEEN the 9-9-9 plan and the 20% Flat tax, we could all win. THAT'S the realm where we want the choices to be.

I wish Perry could grunt out a coherent and consistent message. But like Mr. Cain, even with his warts, he is VASTLY superior to the present infestation in the Oval Orifice.

I'm curious about something....just your opinion.

We don't agree on much politically but I admire the way you make your case most of the time.

So here it goes.

Twenty Percent. 2-0.

Do you think that Perry put any thought into it at all? I mean...20. An even number.
It would seem to me that unless there was some sort of fluke that having a perfectly rounded number where the government would only need precisely 20% is more of a slogan than any sort of product/dividend of a mathematical equation.

Cain's 9-9-9 plan, at least, has the aura of being an odd number as to where it at least appears that there was some math behind it.

So, do you think the magical 20% figure was arrived at or was decided before hand. It sounds high to me, by the way. One dollar in every five I earn goes to Uncle Sam before I pay a cent in State or Local income tax?

Did he ever get the fires put out? I'm just asking.

Did he ever get the fires put out? I'm just asking.

You mean, personally,

because you picture him as a fireman

or because elected State Governors are supposed to BE firemen?

Forum List

Back