Perry adds anti-groping bill to special session

Wow just Wow issues dude serious issues.

Robert, "really nice guys" finish LAST.

There are two types of creature on planet Earth, Predators and Prey. If you aren't one you are the other. Most predators do not attempt to prey on other predators. Therefore it's much better to be a predator than to be prey. I will not be prey. It's that simple.

Somehow I dont want a plane ride to see my mother to become a life and death struggle.
But that's just me.

Stop voting for people like Ronald Reagan, George HW Bush and George W Bush. The people who directly funded Osama bin Laden and did business with his family.

Supporting terrorism..even if it does embarrass your "enemy" is generally bad in the long run.

Well goody. Is he going to extend that to Law Enforcement Officers?

And you do know that searches are in lieu of going through scanners. Now people will either be forced to go through scanners or not fly?

Because flying isn't a right. It's a service. And airlines have the "right" to refuse service.

The airlines have zilch nada to do with TSA. Just FYI.

Oh.

So after being screened by the TSA..passengers do what?

Use transporters? Or boats..to get to their destinations?

My bad.

I thought they boarded airplanes.

You seem to know something I don't.

And after they get on the planes, they're served, what? Handguns? Grenades? No, Coca Cola. So we can blame Coke for all this.
I know many many things you don't. And that doesn't count the things you know that aren't true.

Robert, "really nice guys" finish LAST.

There are two types of creature on planet Earth, Predators and Prey. If you aren't one you are the other. Most predators do not attempt to prey on other predators. Therefore it's much better to be a predator than to be prey. I will not be prey. It's that simple.

Somehow I dont want a plane ride to see my mother to become a life and death struggle.
But that's just me.

Stop voting for people like Ronald Reagan, George HW Bush and George W Bush. The people who directly funded Osama bin Laden and did business with his family.

Supporting terrorism..even if it does embarrass your "enemy" is generally bad in the long run.

Ronald Reagan creaed the TSA and instituted "enhanced" groping procedures?
Damn. You do know lots of things I don't.
Transportation Security Administration - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It's pretty sad that in order for us to accept this "service" we must either be subjected to a fuckload of radiation or be molested...
Strangely enough..we agree here.

You think it's odd that we all agree here?

No. I have seen this issue cut across political/partisan/ideological lines.

This does constitute an unwarranted search, as there are no grounds for reasonable suspicion or probable cause, in my opinion. There are pending lawsuits accordingly and the issue is ripe for review.

A judge could very well rule that for millions of Americans flying is the only viable travel option.

Needles to say, however, we brought this upon ourselves. Politicians, fearful of being perceived as ‘weak on terror’ in the post 9/11 paradigm, were quick to enact laws and create agencies to assuage our fear of future attack and appease our demand for 'security.'

The TSA, the PA, and domestic surveillance are all the result of Americans’ collective cowardice, not an overreaching Federal government.

Go Texas! This is just the first state to push back against the unconstitutional searches TSA is conducting at airports. Utah will be following suit in their next session. The federal government needs to be reminded that they work for us and that we aren't their subjects.

Gov. Rick Perry announced he had added legislation that would make it illegal for TSA agents to engage in “intrusive touching” at airports security checkpoints without probable cause to the list of items for the legislature to consider during the special session.

The measure had previously failed to pass in the Texas Senate after the Justice Department wrote a scathing memo against the bill that threatened legal action against the state and the bill became enmeshed in Senate politics.

There are questions about what affect the legislation might have since airport security is a federal matter.

Lt. Gov. David Dewhurst, who was accused of lobbying against the bill in May said he was “pleased” by Perry’s decision.

“I’m very pleased that Governor Perry agreed to add this legislation to his Special Session call,” Dewhurst said. “Addressing unreasonable and unlawful searches of innocent travelers by some TSA employees is an issue that affects all Texans who use air travel, and it should not wait until next Session.”

Perry adds anti-groping bill to special session | Texas Politics | a Chron.com blog

Good for him.

Would you folks rather be groped occasionally, or strip-searched, strapped into a straitjacket, and secured in a 5-point harness in your seat for the flight EVERY SINGLE TIME; because that's MY preference on how to secure these aircraft.

We could just let you fly in the cargo hold.

Or not let you fly at all.

I believe you are talking about Air Marshals who are armed as well as the cabin crew who are armed. You have utterly no safety with TSA doing anything other then assaulting children and old people for no reason....are you really afraid of the 6 year old sitting next to you?

Until there is an Air Marshal and an armed pilot on EVERY domestic flight, they may as well not be on any flight, in my mind. They are a good START to the process, but I still prefer to be prepared to defend myself.

If that 6 year old is of Middle Eastern descent, I will definitely be keeping an eye on him; but I'm as concerned with the drunk guy in 4C who won't shut the hell up, and the couple back in 16A/B who have been arguing since they showed up at the game an hour ago, and especially the guy in 6B who is wearing the cargo pants, and has been back to the bathroom 3 times already. I don't trust ANYONE who I do not personally know.

Living in fear your entire life has got to be a huge downer for you.

TSA is doing nothing for your safety you do understand that if a Muslim shows up at the gate they will more then likely pass them through with no screening to avoid offending them yet they will strip search little Suzy who just turned 4 for your "safety" Do you feel better now?

I see why you are the latest +1.

Well goody. Is he going to extend that to Law Enforcement Officers?

And you do know that searches are in lieu of going through scanners. Now people will either be forced to go through scanners or not fly?

Because flying isn't a right. It's a service. And airlines have the "right" to refuse service.

Oh.

My bad.

Some of them get on trolleys.

Teen on Way to School Is Deported | NBC San Diego

Some of them even use their own cars.

Authorities Conduct Random Inspections at Port of Brownsville - KRGV CHANNEL 5 NEWS - The Rio Grande Valley's News Channel - Breaking News, Breaking Stories - RGV News

I guess that makes you wrong, the airlines have nothing to do with the TSA.

It's pretty sad that in order for us to accept this "service" we must either be subjected to a fuckload of radiation or be molested...
Strangely enough..we agree here.
You think it's odd that we all agree here?
No. I have seen this issue cut across political/partisan/ideological lines.

This does constitute an unwarranted search, as there are no grounds for reasonable suspicion or probable cause, in my opinion. There are pending lawsuits accordingly and the issue is ripe for review.

A judge could very well rule that for millions of Americans flying is the only viable travel option.

Needles to say, however, we brought this upon ourselves. Politicians, fearful of being perceived as ‘weak on terror’ in the post 9/11 paradigm, were quick to enact laws and create agencies to assuage our fear of future attack and appease our demand for 'security.'

The TSA, the PA, and domestic surveillance are all the result of Americans’ collective cowardice, not an overreaching Federal government.

Damn, you are right for once. I guess this proves the broken clock theory.

Until there is an Air Marshal and an armed pilot on EVERY domestic flight, they may as well not be on any flight, in my mind. They are a good START to the process, but I still prefer to be prepared to defend myself.

If that 6 year old is of Middle Eastern descent, I will definitely be keeping an eye on him; but I'm as concerned with the drunk guy in 4C who won't shut the hell up, and the couple back in 16A/B who have been arguing since they showed up at the game an hour ago, and especially the guy in 6B who is wearing the cargo pants, and has been back to the bathroom 3 times already. I don't trust ANYONE who I do not personally know.

Living in fear your entire life has got to be a huge downer for you.

TSA is doing nothing for your safety you do understand that if a Muslim shows up at the gate they will more then likely pass them through with no screening to avoid offending them yet they will strip search little Suzy who just turned 4 for your "safety" Do you feel better now?

I see why you are the latest +1.

Amazing how shallow some peoples convictions are

Oh.

My bad.

Authorities Conduct Random Inspections at Port of Brownsville - KRGV CHANNEL 5 NEWS - The Rio Grande Valley's News Channel - Breaking News, Breaking Stories - RGV News

So your saying that the TSA doesn't conduct searches for airline passengers?

You going to stick with that?

Yes or no?

Business travel is a perfect example of that. I get pulled to meetings in Minneapolis a few times a year. It would take two days for me to drive there as opposed to a two and a half hour flight. My company is certainly not going to pay for me to spend four days driving there and back.

Oh.

My bad.

So your saying that the TSA doesn't conduct searches for airline passengers?

You going to stick with that?

Yes or no?

You want to maintain that the government should control airlines? OK, we always knew you were a fascist at heart.

Forum List

Back