Perry adds anti-groping bill to special session

What exactly does he mean by "intrusive touching"?

Read the bill: Texas Legislature Online - 82(R) History for HB 1937
All the things in that bill are already illegal.

So it boils down to Texas is outlawing sexual penetration by agents without the other's consent: something that is already illegal.

That means you have no problem with the bill.

Nice to know. That means that, if it passes and Perry signs it, you will speak out against the TSA trying to shut down air travel to and from Texas.

Oh.

So after being screened by the TSA..passengers do what?

Use transporters? Or boats..to get to their destinations?

My bad.

I thought they boarded airplanes.

You seem to know something I don't.

Some of them get on trolleys.

Teen on Way to School Is Deported | NBC San Diego

Some of them even use their own cars.

Authorities Conduct Random Inspections at Port of Brownsville - KRGV CHANNEL 5 NEWS - The Rio Grande Valley's News Channel - Breaking News, Breaking Stories - RGV News

I guess that makes you wrong, the airlines have nothing to do with the TSA.

So your saying that the TSA doesn't conduct searches for airline passengers?

You going to stick with that?

Yes or no?

Yes, I stick with that.

The TSA conducts security theater for Congress using airline passengers, and random people across the country, as props.

So it boils down to Texas is outlawing sexual penetration by agents without the other's consent: something that is already illegal.

Nice to know. That means that, if it passes and Perry signs it, you will speak out against the TSA trying to shut down air travel to and from Texas.
The only problem I have with the bill is that it is a worthless waste of time and money. Why make a law to make something that is already illegal illegal?

Just pandering to the wingnuts.

The only problem I have with the bill is that it is a worthless waste of time and money. Why make a law to make something that is already illegal illegal?

Yet that enormous waste of time and money got a threatening letter from the TSA, which you thought was perfectly justified before you read the bill. That either makes the TSA willing to threaten states over something they, according to you, are not doing anyway, or it makes Texas right about the need for a law like this.

Are you going to be honest and denounce the TSA for breaking the law, which you have been insisting they are not doing, or are you going to continue to support them when they actually break the law?

Perhaps.

And usually I don’t support such ‘protest legislation.’ But this is an issue that warrants judicial review; let the DOJ take Texas to court – let the people see the policy on trial.

Yet that enormous waste of time and money got a threatening letter from the TSA, which you thought was perfectly justified before you read the bill. That either makes the TSA willing to threaten states over something they, according to you, are not doing anyway, or it makes Texas right about the need for a law like this.

Are you going to be honest and denounce the TSA for breaking the law, which you have been insisting they are not doing, or are you going to continue to support them when they actually break the law?
:rolleyes:

Nice attempt at deflection.

No actually you are deflecting because his questions are right on. So what's the answer: Is TSA over-reacting or is Texas right to pass such a bill?

Go Texas! This is just the first state to push back against the unconstitutional searches TSA is conducting at airports. Utah will be following suit in their next session. The federal government needs to be reminded that they work for us and that we aren't their subjects.

Gov. Rick Perry announced he had added legislation that would make it illegal for TSA agents to engage in “intrusive touching” at airports security checkpoints without probable cause to the list of items for the legislature to consider during the special session.

The measure had previously failed to pass in the Texas Senate after the Justice Department wrote a scathing memo against the bill that threatened legal action against the state and the bill became enmeshed in Senate politics.

There are questions about what affect the legislation might have since airport security is a federal matter.

Lt. Gov. David Dewhurst, who was accused of lobbying against the bill in May said he was “pleased” by Perry’s decision.

“I’m very pleased that Governor Perry agreed to add this legislation to his Special Session call,” Dewhurst said. “Addressing unreasonable and unlawful searches of innocent travelers by some TSA employees is an issue that affects all Texans who use air travel, and it should not wait until next Session.”

Perry adds anti-groping bill to special session | Texas Politics | a Chron.com blog

Perry also tried to kill this. Lots of tea party folks and local talk radio burned his ass until he put it back on. Thats one thing you can say for Perry, if he senses that his political position is in danger he will do the peoples will. This sounds like a good special session we are about to have.

Wing nuts ? Here, look at this video-

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3sH1GaO_nw]YouTube - ‪6 Year Old Girl Groped By TSA‬‏[/ame]

Is that little kid a wing nut ? What is it about her that warrants a pat down ? I will hand it to the TSA agent, she has a fucked up job. I would not want to stand there and pat mens nut sack all day with the back of my hand for $12.00 an hour. So it sucks for them to, but it is time for it to end. Not one time, have the pat downs stopped a bomb from getting on an air plane. Face it, we need to profile passengers.

Wing nuts ? Here, look at this video-

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3sH1GaO_nw]YouTube - ‪6 Year Old Girl Groped By TSA‬‏[/ame]

Is that little kid a wing nut ? What is it about her that warrants a pat down ? I will hand it to the TSA agent, she has a fucked up job. I would not want to stand there and pat mens nut sack all day with the back of my hand for $12.00 an hour. So it sucks for them to, but it is time for it to end. Not one time, have the pat downs stopped a bomb from getting on an air plane. Face it, we need to profile passengers.

You can really tell who the parents are here because they are disgusted by what the TSA is doing to the children, especially this 6-year old girl. She just lost some of her innocence. Somebody should be thrown in jail for allowing this to happen.

Yes or no?

Yes, I stick with that.

The TSA conducts security theater for Congress using airline passengers, and random people across the country, as props.

:lol:

To funny.

What wasn't funny was 9/11. Conservatives had all the marbles then. Best military, best spies..basically all the tools necessary to prevent something like that from happening.

Happened anyway.

Fuckers.

No actually you are deflecting because his questions are right on. So what's the answer: Is TSA over-reacting or is Texas right to pass such a bill?

Sad as it is..

I prefer that..over this.

9 11 - Google Search

I couldn't watch that. If an adult did that in any other context they would be in jail in no time.

And may be soon. The more people see this the more they get pissed.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSQTz1bccL4&feature=related]YouTube - ‪Young Boy Strip Searched by TSA (New link to TSA lies interview)‬‏[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jh1h5Mvc3MM&feature=related]YouTube - ‪TSA Breast Milk Screening‬‏[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5gtmRsyofk&feature=related]YouTube - ‪Woman Targeted By TSA For Cowboys Jersey‬‏[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ms9Q0aixBY4&feature=related]YouTube - ‪I feel safe now.‬‏[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0E2nk8UAQks&feature=related]YouTube - ‪TSA Pats Down Pregnant Woman As Possible Security Threat, Police State In Full Force‬‏[/ame]

Sad as it is..

I prefer that..over this.

9 11 - Google Search

One problem there, they have not found any bombs. Especially not stuffed down the pants of little kids. They can do better by searching those who fit a profile and stop this PC bull shit.

Yes or no?

Yes, I stick with that.

To funny.

What wasn't funny was 9/11. Conservatives had all the marbles then. Best military, best spies..basically all the tools necessary to prevent something like that from happening.

Happened anyway.

Fuckers.

You mean after Clinton decimated the military for 8 years?
Are you really that stupid or are you just too young to remember what actually happened?

I'm not holding my breath.

I couldn't watch that. If an adult did that in any other context they would be in jail in no time.

Pistole is changing the policy that prohibited pat downs of children under 12 so that they are less likely to get a pat down.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-elwtnWyYU&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - ‪Sen. Rand Paul Questions Invasive TSA Searches - 06/22/11‬‏[/ame]

I am not sure why, exactly, but that does not make me feel any better.

Yes or no?

Yes, I stick with that.

To funny.

Happened anyway.

Fuckers.

Conservatives had the marbles? Last time I looked the conservatives were on the terrorist watch list and the government was trying to take away their marbles. If you want to blame somebody for 9/11 why don't you blame the idiots who actually did it?

You might want a government that is omniscient, omnipotent, and omnipresent to protect you from every possible danger. I prefer one that doesn't take away my rights in the name of keeping me safe. I accept the fact that I might get hit by lightning at some point. I also understand that I am much more likely to be hit by lightning than be killed by a terrorist.

Keep things in perspective and you won't expect the government to be able to handle everything.

Forum List

Back