Perfect School Year

Bonzi

Diamond Member
May 17, 2015
After Labor Day to 2 weeks after Memorial Day?
All year with intermittent weekly breaks?

What do you think is the "perfect" School Year Schedule?

I think the day after Labor Day through the day before Memorial Day with extended days (e.g. 7am - 5pm)

Students should go 12 months out of the year, like they do in Japan why should teachers paid by the tax payers get 3 months off?

This is not 1850 when children had to help on the farm.

Students should go 12 months out of the year, like they do in Japan why should teachers paid by the tax payers get 3 months off?

I don't have a problem with teachers having summers off. Many are so low paid they have to work other jobs anyway.....

I do think a school day should mirror a work day more, however. Would make it easier on the parents, and, they should also offer low-cost after school care.

I don't have a problem with teachers having summers off. Many are so low paid they have to work other jobs anyway.....

I do think a school day should mirror a work day more, however. Would make it easier on the parents, and, they should also offer low-cost after school care.

I was just joking and being sarcastic ...

Kids need time off to be kids, what I hated about my school district when I was a kid in the burbs of Chicago they always made us come back a week before labor day...

Teachers contract for X number of days.

There will be no major increase in the number of days without an increase in the pay.

Also, there are already teacher shortages; increased days or elimination of summer vacation will make that much worse.

I think the day after Labor Day through the day before Memorial Day with extended days (e.g. 7am - 5pm)
You sound like you view the schools as daycare centers.

No, just try to educate your children in line with a work day. It helps the parents, prepares the kids for the schedule they will have later. It is common sense to keep kids in one location; the school can make money on the before and after care, and the teachers can get additional salary. Win win.

You sound like you view the schools as daycare centers.

No, just try to educate your children in line with a work day. It helps the parents, prepares the kids for the schedule they will have later. It is common sense to keep kids in one location; the school can make money on the before and after care, and the teachers can get additional salary. Win win.
I educated mine at home.

I sent them to school to learn how to deal with the riff-raff.

Teachers contract for X number of days.

There will be no major increase in the number of days without an increase in the pay.

Also, there are already teacher shortages; increased days or elimination of summer vacation will make that much worse.

I always wonderd how that worked, I just thought they we're torturing us kids with make up snow days in the summer.

why does this country object to paying for the education of their children?
We don't. We don't like the massive corruption that takes place in the public education cartel. Very little of the money makes it down to the teachers. Have my property taxes goes to education. If they took 75% the teachers might get a small raise but the fat cats on top will be buying mansions in vacation destinations.

why does this country object to paying for the education of their children?
We don't. We don't like the massive corruption that takes place in the public education cartel. Very little of the money makes it down to the teachers. Have my property taxes goes to education. If they took 75% the teachers might get a small raise but the fat cats on top will be buying mansions in vacation destinations.
Textbook racket should be investigated as an ongoing criminal conspiracy under RICO statutes.

Back in Michigan we went to school after Labor Day and got off for summer the day before Memorial Day. I always knew summer was almost there when I could smell the banana inside my lunch box before I opened it. :lol:

Forum List

Back