Check Your Knowledge At The Door

I find it curious that for the first 400 years since our Nation's colonization we were able to educate some of the brightest minds that mankind will ever have known. Modern educational techniques have turned the pupil into some kind of experiment in order to accommodate the shortcomings of a system long broken by mediocrity, bureaucracy, nepotism, cronyism, and favoritism.

I find it curious that for the first 400 years since our Nation's colonization we were able to educate some of the brightest minds that mankind will ever have known. Modern educational techniques have turned the pupil into some kind of experiment in order to accommodate the shortcomings of a system long broken by mediocrity, bureaucracy, nepotism, cronyism, and favoritism.

You seem to think that we don't currently educate some of the brightest minds that mankind will ever know.

We do. At question is not our ability to do so.....but our willingness. The rest of your post is an empty complaint.

I'm not so sure that he is off. Study after study after study indicates that the socioeconomic status is an indicator of success and failure. This includes studies before Reagan's Nation of Risk and afterwards. Yet, no solutions address this issue.

We know for a fact that there are different ways of learning and, therefore, assessing. We know that this works when implemented.
Research

Is it utilized? Not much.

Instead, we have tests and programs that are forced into a curriculum and then disappear after a year. When something isn't working, we BS our way through:
Tony Bennett education An astonishing act of statistical chutzpah in the Indiana schools grade-changing scandal.

You seem to think that we don't currently educate some of the brightest minds that mankind will ever know.

We do. At question is not our ability to do so.....but our willingness. The rest of your post is an empty complaint.
Well then allow me to expound... :slap:

I'm not so sure that he is off. Study after study after study indicates that the socioeconomic status is an indicator of success and failure. This includes studies before Reagan's Nation of Risk and afterwards. Yet, no solutions address this issue.

We know for a fact that there are different ways of learning and, therefore, assessing. We know that this works when implemented.
Research

Is it utilized? Not much.

Instead, we have tests and programs that are forced into a curriculum and then disappear after a year. When something isn't working, we BS our way through:
Tony Bennett education An astonishing act of statistical chutzpah in the Indiana schools grade-changing scandal.

you have it backward

academic achievement is an indicator of socioeconomic status

Forum List

Back