People Need to Forgive Bush

Noitartst

Rookie
Dec 7, 2010
Iraq has understandably angered folks, but people need to move on, for trauma simply isn't a good way to make decisions, as Obama's foreign policy advisors have learned. They've found his thinking preoccupied with Iraq, apparently, like Frederic Hof, and Leon Panetta, and being focused on one data point ain't good.

People that want an apology have a point; too many war proponents deny anything went wrong, but the trauma of Iraq has carried over into the situation in Syria, making it a bigger mess, dare I say. Obama's harshest critics are his former employees and given they ain't Republicans, that's saying something.

As is, read my new blog post, here: http://noitartst.com/anger-bush-prev...going-forward/

In it, I call for putting Iraq past us, in response to how Obama has waffled on Syria; I've read a bunch of articles, and too many of them begin by comparing Bush to Obama, which ought, I dare say, to be irrelevant, but isn't.

Apparently.

Given no one I know of has passionately criticized this behavior in tepid defense of Obama, I have countered with some sturm und drang.

Tell me whatcha think.

Iraq has understandably angered folks, but people need to move on, for trauma simply isn't a good way to make decisions, as Obama's foreign policy advisors have learned. They've found his thinking preoccupied with Iraq, apparently, like Frederic Hof, and Leon Panetta, and being focused on one data point ain't good.

People that want an apology have a point; too many war proponents deny anything went wrong, but the trauma of Iraq has carried over into the situation in Syria, making it a bigger mess, dare I say. Obama's harshest critics are his former employees and given they ain't Republicans, that's saying something.

As is, read my new blog post, here: http://noitartst.com/anger-bush-prev...going-forward/

In it, I call for putting Iraq past us, in response to how Obama has waffled on Syria; I've read a bunch of articles, and too many of them begin by comparing Bush to Obama, which ought, I dare say, to be irrelevant, but isn't.

Apparently.

Given no one I know of has passionately criticized this behavior in tepid defense of Obama, I have countered with some sturm und drang.

Tell me whatcha think.
Interesting blog. IMO Bush doesn't need forgiveness. He did the best he could with what he had and he had my approval.

Apparently.

Tell me whatcha think.
Bush deserves no forgiveness. And your blog is a piece of shit. Dubya will remain in exile for the rest of his life. Where he belongs.

Apparently.

Tell me whatcha think.
Interesting blog. IMO Bush doesn't need forgiveness. He did the best he could with what he had and he had my approval.
Wow you have got to be kidding me. If that's the best he could do... then no wonder he's been banished from public life and the GOP has done everything they can to distance themselves from him.

Noitartst 14312530

In it, I call for putting Iraq past us, in response to how Obama has waffled on Syria;

Tell me whatcha think.

Obama has not waffled on Syria. That's opinion - not a fact. We as a nation and Obama as its leader have moved on quite well while hating Bush for what he did to Iraq. The man is lying to this day that he wanted peaceful disarming of Iraq through the UN. Then he forced th UN out to start a war.

Never forgive a liar that keeps lying.

ISIS is clearly in retreat over the past 15 months both in Iraq and Syria. Obama actually managed to use the threat of military force to disarm Syria of its actual physically real WMD. That is what Bush said he would do regarding 'alleged' WMD in Iraq. But Bush used military force as a first resort not as a last resort as he promised all of us in October 2002.

The coalition war against ISIS led by Obama is steadily defeating ISIS while keeping US casualties to less than four.

You want a return to Bush's (as you suggest) non-WAFFLING way and the 4484 dead American soldiers that came with it?

That is not moving that is going back to Bush and Cheney's needless tell.

No forgiveness has been earned by Bush and all those that excuse what he did. So no you are requesting forgiveness that would do more harm than good. Support the current President if you yourself want to do something good. Obama has proven his critics wrong with every ISIS terrorist killed and every square mile of territory cleansed of ISIS terrorist scum.

Noitartst 14312530

Are you suggesting that Obama is traumatized by Iraq?

Do you believe ISIS is winning and advancing in Iraq and Syria right now?

Are they winning because Obama is traumatized?

Forgiveness can only start after everyone sees and admits the wrong that was done. That there remain those who defend that crime means going forward is not in the cards.

Hossfly 14312591
IMO Bush doesn't need forgiveness. He did the best he could with what he had and he had my approval.

He may have done his best with the little brain power that he has, but that does not excuse the horror that he decided to unleash when there was a solid alternative to starting a war to disarm Iraq of 'alleged' WMD.

Hossfly 14312591
IMO Bush doesn't need forgiveness. He did the best he could with what he had and he had my approval.

He may have done his best with the little brain power that he has, but that does not excuse the horror that he decided to unleash when there was a solid alternative to starting a war to disarm Iraq of 'alleged' WMD.
The whole world was convinced Saddam had WMDs. Saddam managed to hide or ship them out. True story.

False. No one believed Saddam had WMDs, except idiots like you.

Sadamned wiped out an entire Kurdish city with WMD's.

Being a conservative, forgiving Bush is much harder. After all, he was labeled a conservative but was anything but a conservative. He spent like a drunken sailor, ignored illegal immigration, created one of the largest entitlements in US history, and led to Obama and the destruction of the GOP.

Iraq had no WMDs as the UN confirmed. The WMDs he received from the West during his war with Iran, were destroyed.

Bush attempted to implement a flawed ideology with bad military information.

He had no business invading Iraq.

He belongs at The Hague.

. Sadamned wiped out an entire Kurdish city with WMD's.

When was that? Wasn't an invasion of Iraq in 2003 a bit late to save those people? It's thoughtless reasoning and little respect for facts and truth as well as developing such a lack of basic principles that is tearing the GOP apart.

You fault Bush for spending too much money yet you found a way to excuse him for blowing a couple trillion on borrowed money to invade Iraq. You excuse him for getting 4484 American soldiers killed and over 39,000 wounded, not to mention the scores of innocent Iraqis killed and wounded and homeless.

Saddam did not have WMDs when UN inspectors were there and then Bush forced them to leave to start his dumb war.

The attack on the Kurds a couple decades earlier had nothing to do with the 2003 weapons inspections and the U.S. invasion,

Bush knew that. Why are there si many ignoramus Republicans that don't know that yet?

. Sadamned wiped out an entire Kurdish city with WMD's.

When was that? Wasn't an invasion of Iraq in 2003 a bit late to save those people? It's thoughtless reasoning and little respect for facts and truth as well as developing such a lack of basic principles that is tearing the GOP apart.

You fault Bush for spending too much money yet you found a way to excuse him for blowing a couple trillion on borrowed money to invade Iraq. You excuse him for getting 4484 American soldiers killed and over 39,000 wounded, not to mention the scores of innocent Iraqis killed and wounded and homeless.

Saddam did not have WMDs when UN inspectors were there and then Bush forced them to leave to start his dumb war.

The attack on the Kurds a couple decades earlier had nothing to do with the 2003 weapons inspections and the U.S. invasion,

Bush knew that. Why are there si many ignoramus Republicans that don't know that yet?

My point was dingleberry that Saddam had WMD's.

Now why they found none when they went in is a good question.

As for the rest, I have no interest in defending his decisions. I'm no partisan shill.

Apparently.

Tell me whatcha think.

No, they don't need to forgive him at all. He messed things up massively, he caused a massive recession, wars that will lead to wars that will lead to wars and more wars, and more instability and more terrorism and more problems in the world.

He's had a negative impact on my life, he continues to have a negative impact on my life. Why would I forgive that?

Apparently.

Tell me whatcha think.
Wrong.

It is a settled and accepted fact beyond dispute that the invasion of Iraq was a mistake and unmitigated disaster, just as it’s a settled and accepted fact beyond dispute that GWB is solely to blame, having nothing whatsoever with ‘moving on.’

It’s understandable the Bush apologists on the partisan right want Bush and his failed, illegal war forgotten – but that’s never going to happen, and rightfully so, because the disaster that was and is Iraq/Afghanistan should never be forgotten so the same mistake doesn’t happen again.

In my opinion, Bush turned out to be an idiot for getting us into the Middle East. Russia & China tried to warn him against doing so and he thumbed his nose at them & did it anyway.
During his tenure we were brought to a recession, war, gave bank & automakers bailouts and what? $600 per person economic stimulus that was later taxed? I don't know if 'forgiveness' is in order, but I am glad he's out & never to return.

Forum List

Back