Pentagon find no evidence that Saddam tried to assasinate Poppy Bush

"ties to terrorism" and "ties to terrorists who attacked us" are two completely different things.

If "ties to terrorism" were all it took to get a place invaded, conquered and occupied by the US military, South Boston, Massachusetts would have been under martial law a long time ago for their continued support for IRA terror.

?????

I'm not justifying action. And I know that Iraq had nothing to do with
9-11. Thanks for clarifying the differences in terrorism....:cool: And I agree about South Boston and Mass.

My structure may not be up to APA or MLA format, but it's certainly understandable. Sorry you can't keep up...dude. :cool:

My point, is that some posters are throwing out all kinds of little snipitz of personally biased comments in regards to the war in Iraq.

For example, you stated: "I'd bet we could find many cases where the USA had dealings with AQ affiliates. It's how the business of intelligence gets done."

What the hell does this have to do with whether or not Saddam had ties to terrorism?

LIke I've said, I'm not justifying our actions in Iraq. I'm not saying that the U.S. intelligence community does not have confedential informants involved in AQ, but those two things have nothing to do with whether or not Saddam had ties to terrorism.

Sure, actions were taken on that premise. However, if no action was taken, it wouldn't matter. Because Saddam would have still had ties to terrorism.

Because by the same criteria of proof, you could say the Reagan, Sr. Bush, Clinton, and Jr. Bush adminstrations all had/have ties to terrorism.

If our operatives should meet with their operatives, or in this case their proxies, does that really constitute a "tie"? Don't be silly. One of the best way's to find out what one faction of the enemy is up to is to meet with another and see what they will divulge about their rivals. That's how intel is gathered.

So far there has been no evidence that Saddam provided support of any kind to AQ. All the other "ties to terrorists" arguments are just a bunch of bull shit being fed to the naive.

Forum List

Back